SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Springfield Armory Severs Ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield Armory Severs Ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I can't even imagine buying a firearm at a retailer like Dick's. Mostly because anytime I've wandered into that department there is no one around, and no ever shows up.

I've had the same experience. Of course out here, they barely carry any firearms beyond Mossburg shotguns and Savage 22's. Their fishing category does more business than firearms.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Well... ok... but I can assure you there was absolutely no chance of me walking into Dicks and purchasing a Springfield....

Take that however you want....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Springfield Armory Severs Ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods

What ties? Confused Roll Eyes

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
BREAKING NEWS!

North Houston, TX, (05/04/18) – TatorTodd is severing ties with all exes in response to their relationship previously ending.

That is essentially what SA did

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Good for Springfield!
I can forgive their past mistakes if they stand firm with us moving forward.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Remind me why I'm supposed to be mad at SA, Inc.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Good for Springfield!
How is it good? It’s like breaking up with someone who already dumped you or quitting a job you were already fired from. Pure theatrics.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I don't think that SA severing ties with Dick's means a whole lot for either side, but maybe just maybe it will get the ball rolling and some other firearms companies will follow suit.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Good for Springfield!
How is it good? It’s like breaking up with someone who already dumped you or quitting a job you were already fired from. Pure theatrics.

You're right. Fuck anyone who takes our side and publicly denounces anti-gun groups. Roll Eyes

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Good for Springfield!

You're right. Fuck anyone who takes our side and publicly denounces anti-gun groups. Roll Eyes

The issue is they fund anti gun politicians and cut deals to exempt themselves from anti gun laws...then lie about it when they get caught.

They are banking on people looking the other way so they can continue to do these deeds. They are hoping their words distract folks.

What one says is irrelevant. Their actions are why I judge them.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

If I recall correctly, I think you even green lit us to crap all over Springfield anytime a thread mentioned them?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't recall anything like that. I do recall telling people who were interjecting political commentary into threads where people are simply discussing SA, Inc firearms to cut it out.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Good for Springfield!

The issue is they fund anti gun politicians and cut deals to exempt themselves from anti gun laws...then lie about it when they get caught.

They are banking on people looking the other way so they can continue to do these deeds. They are hoping their words distract folks.

What one says is irrelevant. Their actions are why I judge them.

Or they made mistakes and are mow working to right those mistakes.
Do you believe in forgiveness?

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory.

They didn't destroy anything they just returned the rifles to the distributor.

Not true, at least regarding the ARs they pulled from their stores.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018...rkland-shooting.html

Unless I constantly mistimed it, the one Dick's around here that I've gone to on an infrequent basis--oddly they most always have in stock the hunting loads that I prefer without me having to drive to Cabela's--never seem to have any MSRs in their inventory. Doubtful that at least in this state, Dick's destroyed much of anything out of their inventory. But now that they've done what they've claimed, I'm driving out to Cabela's the next time I need to restock, or buying online.

As for Springfield, the slime that permeates from that company won't go away until their CEO/owner vacates the premises...or dies.

Corporate turncoats all.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Of course I believe in forgiveness. The leaders made a conscious decision to withdraw their fight against anti gun legislation in exchange for them being exempt.

That's not a mistake. That's a look inside what these people think and feel. They have placed a bet that people would forget and move on as we so often do. It would appear some here already have.

Also, keep in mind, they've never asked for forgiveness. They've never admitted they even did anything wrong.

They lied and denied. Even when they were caught red handed they continued to deny it.

I'm not sure what they've done in this that makes you so willing to give them a pass.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Ruger just posted this on their Facebook page. They say they can’t control who the distributors sell to but say it’s safe to assume there won’t be Rugers in the stores. I guess the distributors agree with Ruger and aren’t going to sell to Dicks? Or maybe they just think that Dicks won’t buy any Ruger firearms.

quote:
To All Our Loyal Fans & Customers:
We have had a number of inquiries about whether we plan to discontinue sales to Dick’s Sporting Goods. We do not sell to Dick’s. Ruger utilizes a two-step distribution system in which we sell to independent, federally licensed distributors, who sell to independent, federally licensed retailers. Because the distributors are independent, we cannot control where they sell the products they acquire. However, we share your concerns about how Dick’s is conducting itself and are disappointed by their recent actions. Given Dick’s recent pronouncements, we expect it is safe to assume that you will not be seeing Ruger firearms in their stores.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
My comments on the matter from last year:

"I would wager that most people who are up in arms about this matter could not adequately explain the issue if pressed to do so. I see a lot of "they sold us out" but that does not explain the matter.

If we don't fully understand what's happening, how can we take a solid position on the matter? I see a lot of hysteria. I've long despised SA, Inc so there is no love lost there, but at least I know the reasons why I feel this way, and not the result of a mob mentality.

The people condemning SA, Inc and RRA may very well be correct in their accusations, but I don't know enough about the matter to form an opinion, and neither do most people getting torqued about it."

I am not defending SA, Inc. I can't stand them and I refuse to call them "Springfield Armory". That's a storied, proud name from American history and it should not be applied to what started out as an Army Surplus business and that wouldn't recognize proper quality control if their lives depended on it. This position is based upon my experience with SA, Inc and their pathetic excuse for QC.

Nevertheless, I am not going to condemn them for something I do not understand and I'll not have members going into some thread that's about SA, Inc's firearms and then spewing a bunch of 'THEY SOLD US OUT' crap. Members who wish to discuss SA, Inc firearms in this forum should be allowed to do so without being hassled. If, however, someone wishes to start a thread like the one we're in right now, then have at it.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course I believe in forgiveness.

Then that's the end of it.

Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I think it has to do with this:

"SB-1657 would create a state-level gun dealer licensing scheme placing an additional, heavy and duplicative burden on federally approved and regulated gun dealers. Among many concerns, it establishes qualifications for obtaining dealership licenses beyond that of the federal FFL requirements and for being employed as a dealership agent. It would require enhanced security systems, provide penalties for violations, initiate a process for additional rulemaking, allow the State Police to walk into any FFL’s place of business to demand an audit, and establish the state may levy whatever fees it wishes without legislative oversight."

Link

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Of course I believe in forgiveness.

Then that's the end of it.

It isn't at all the end of it. As a complete side track, here is a great read on forgiveness for anyone who is interested.

I was referred to this article years ago and have shared it with many folks.

https://www.catholic.com/magaz...imits-of-forgiveness

Para, must have confused Springfield with someone else we were allowed to dump on. I still have part of me thinking it was SA in a different thread, but I don't have the search-function-fu you do and it really isn't important.

If you're interested, TTAG and Military Arms Channel did a great job of pulling financial records and pointing out who was on the road of that lobbying firm.

In fact, TTAG told Springfield before the whole story broke that if they took the deal, they'd let folks know what they did.

The execs claiming they had no idea about this was refuted multiple different ways. The facts are all out now. It's not overreacting or pitchfork mobs, it's clear what they did.

Regardless, I'll let it go in this thread.