SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chicago - Rabble Rousers plan shutdown of Lake Shore Dr., Cubs game at Wrigley
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago - Rabble Rousers plan shutdown of Lake Shore Dr., Cubs game at Wrigley Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, gosh, that was underwhelming.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As were the Cubs. They lost 6-1.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9161 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
This just reminded me, that when your on a highway, or any other than the crosswalk, a pedestrian struck by a moving object is liable for the damage to said moving thing WHICH HAS RIGHT OF WAY

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Typical Chicago spin.

Lets have a march AGAINST VIOLENCE!

Lets NOT march to the homes of the habitual violent crime street thugs!

Lets march and effect all the NON criminals.

Just like gun control here, lets punish the law abiding citizen, NOT the criminal.

Today on the news I heard a protester actually state that they should bring President Trump into the discussion to curb violence, the only real reason they would ever suggest this is to get at Rahm.
President Trump would have nothing in common with this group,nor would any rational person.

Posts: 4628 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
Typical Chicago spin.

Lets have a march AGAINST VIOLENCE!

Lets NOT march to the homes of the habitual violent crime street thugs!

Lets march and effect all the NON criminals.

Just like gun control here, lets punish the law abiding citizen, NOT the criminal.

Today on the news I heard a protester actually state that they should bring President Trump into the discussion to curb violence, the only real reason they would ever suggest this is to get at Rahm.
President Trump would have nothing in common with this group,nor would any rational person.

The perfect response from Trump would be “I promise to do as much as the last president did in this endeavor”.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry Folks (or People, for those that get the joke), I've been busier than hell these past few days.

The protest was successful in shutting down Lake Shore Dr in both directions for a little while. They marched to Wrigley and acted like loud mouthed assholes for a while...

From what the "organizers" stated in the beginning, "uuuhhhh, yeah, we waitin on a few more busses. They stuck in traffic..."
The busses never showed up. I guess their own people (or folks... Again with the joke) don't care about the violence.

Oh, That Tio Hardiman asshole... He's been locked up for beating his wife, been given a shit-ton of money (as in millions) as a "violence interrupter" which he re-distributed to his fellow gang members. All they did was point to a few blocks that didn't have a shooting or homicide that day and said "It works!".

To me, looking at the big picture, this is all just fuel for the fire. The VanDyke trial is coming up soon. I think depending on the verdict, this City is going to have problems, or PROBLEMS.

This stuff is just a warm up.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. They better get that trial out of town. Another country maybe might be good. Although I doubt it matters

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Sorry Folks (or People, for those that get the joke), I've been busier than hell these past few days.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
http://www.wsaw.com/content/ne...OHare-492346591.html

Arrested, trying to stop traffic to O’Hare. The storms & rain have been doing that enough today.

Posts: 6167 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
its really too bad that none of them were seriously hurt

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WGN-TV and ABC-7 both estimated the "crowd" of protesters at about 50. That's FIFTY!

My guess, even in their community their message is being ignored as irrelevant.

Also protesting, according to the same news sources, were a group opposed to the BLM'rs, and a Pro-2nd Amendment group, and my guess is that each of those groups outnumbered the Main Event.

I'm hoping this means that what used to be called The Silent Majority has a greater presence in Illinois than Rahm and Jesse thought it had.

More Winning! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9161 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post