SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jeff Zucker Out at CNN
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeff Zucker Out at CNN Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
https://www.hollywoodreporter....-resigns-1235085738/

quote:
Jeff Zucker, the chairman of WarnerMedia news and sports, and the president of CNN has resigned, effective immediately, he told staff Wednesday.

According to a memo, Zucker resigned after being asked about a personal relationship with a close colleague as part of the network’s investigation into Chris Cuomo.

“I was required to disclose it when it began but I didn’t. I was wrong,” Zucker wrote. “As a result, I am resigning today.”

Maybe, just maybe, with him gone, CNN can go back to being a trusted source for world wide news. I'll not hold my breath, but one can hope.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I doubt that Zucker was the root of all CNN’s problems.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe, just maybe, with him gone, CNN can go back to being a trusted source for world wide news.

I have a better chance of ovulating.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Crap, another one bites the dust. Keep this up and there won’t be anyone left to make fun of over there. Just the pedos

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a disinterested 3rd party that never watches CNN and only reads news reports, I would say that CNN has a fairly large sexual misconduct problem. Almost systemic.

Posts: 7559 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Good

I wish much disruption and infighting to fall upon their propaganda organization.

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This doesn't make much sense. He's resigning because he didn't disclose about a consensual relationship with a colleague? Ok, whatever.

And a shitload more people need to leave CNN before it even has a chance of redemption.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
This doesn't make much sense. He's resigning because he didn't disclose about a consensual relationship with a colleague? Ok, whatever.

And a shitload more people need to leave CNN before it even has a chance of redemption.

I'd personally like for them to all stay there. If CNN folded completely, those douche bags would all try to get hired elsewhere. Once there, potentially injecting their horseshit into another organization that perhaps isn't already completely woke. At least now, we know where they are and they are ignored.

Posts: 7259 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
If CNN folded completely, those douche bags would all try to get hired elsewhere.
If CNN ceased to exist, it wouldn't matter where the producers and on-air talent went, because it would be a triumph of epic proportions for us.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, there is way more to this story than we know. I think he might be bailing from a rapidly sinking ship and this was the excuse.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
You gotta “bunch’em”, says the old cowpoke, looking through squinted slits of sun-scorched eyes.

“Bunch’em?” the greenhorn queried

Yup, ‘cuz killin’ cockroaches one of the time, all over the room just takes forever.

Iffn’ you bunch’em in the corner over there with a well placed turd, then you kinna mash ‘em up real good with your boot in one big bunch of bugs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGnified,

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]Maybe, just maybe, with him gone, CNN can go back to being a trusted source for world wide news. I'll not hold my breath, but one can hope.[/QUOTE]

Not a chance in hell!

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
His golden boy, Cuomo, was blackmailing him in his settlement case. Basically using his knowledge of Zucker's relationship as leverage. There is absolutely no honor or loyalty with these spineless turds.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5909 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
The made-for-cable title for this affair will be "Allison Zuckerland."

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As the old Chinese saying goes, "A journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".

Maybe AT&T (CNN's parent company) was getting a little tired of all the BS at CNN

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
As a disinterested 3rd party that never watches CNN and only reads news reports, I would say that CNN has a fairly large sexual misconduct problem. Almost systemic.

It's more like entire media industry has a problem.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you really want to laugh - or be outraged, depending on your predisposition - read the CNN story on all this. Right from the headline which has to make sure they note "consentual", to the first paragraph of the story, it is such an obviously desperate and poorly done attempt to whitewash it all. Just too many inconsistencies, too many things that make no sense, to many obvious lies, too many other well publicized problems with Zucker and CNN omitted to point them out in this post.

Of course the piece was written by Brian Stelter, so what do you expect?

Posts: 550 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I makes perfect sense. Almost large companies have strict policies about relationships within the chain of command and among coworkers. Bosses have authority over subordinates, and they can and do abuse their authority. The affair may certainly be consensual, but the boss may reward the subordinate with favoritism which discriminates against other workers. Or the subordinate can claim the affair was coerced because the boss could have fired them or retaliated in another manner if they said no. And then you will have a big legal mess with a large settlement, so liability limitation is the goal.

It's pretty simple - if a relationship develops within the chain of command, it must be disclosed to HR and the subordinate will be moved outside the chain of command. If a relationship develops between coworkers in the same department or work team, then it must be disclosed and one of them will be moved to another department/team.

Zucker didn't disclose it because he was married, and because he's the boss of CNN news and there is nowhere for the woman to go within CNN news that is not in his chain of command. He knew the rules - he probably spend a lot of time with HR and signed off on the rules as well as mandated training for everyone else.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
As to CNN changing, I really think they're praying that Trump runs for president again so they can try and re-create the environment they had the last time Trump was in office. Without that, they're history.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post