SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jeff Zucker Out at CNN
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeff Zucker Out at CNN Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Travis and Sexton are speculating that Zucker was already in a relationship with her and that's why he hired her. And that's the real corporate no no.
It also seems that might be why she screamed up the corporate ladder leapfrogging a lot of people along the way.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Watching CNN slowly implode is a wonderful thing. I hope this drags on and gets worse and worse over the next to six months. It will make life better over the next six months.

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Five rags on Zucker and CNN. Anything with a There Will Be Blood reference is OK by me.

I- drink your milkshake!! I DRINK IT UP!!!

"Toobin got off easy."

"Yes, he did."

Posts: 107610 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Allison Gollust - what a name to have in a case like this.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3865 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Apparently Zucker's 'relationship' was something well known by almost everyone in the news media, so him going out the door on that basis seems a bit far fetched. More likely is what one talking head suggested last night, that the chick Zucker has been banging used to be the Comms Director for Andrew Cuomo and just might have been someone up the chain at CNN (given her relationship with Zucker) helping protect the good governor, hence the reason Chris Cuomo's attack on CNN for his firing was dangerous to Zucker. Seems more plausible than Zucker going out the door because of his dating partner.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
Allison Gollust - what a name to have in a case like this.

I'd put 'Allison Gollust' up against 'Ghislaine Maxwell' any day.

Wait.

I'd put 'Allison Gollust' up against 'Ghislaine Maxwell' everyday on onlyfans.

I bet they would get many clicks.

What ever happened to Celebrity Deathmatch ? I miss that show.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I guess that rule about not screwing the help hasn't sunk in with the liberal elites

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
CNN is coming under new management. That has been in the works for months.

Speculation: Would it be better to fire Zucker because he had a relationship w a fellow employee, or fire him because he destroyed CNN viewership ?

Both Zucker and Gollust are divorced.

Might be a bit more here than what is being said

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember when we who knew the newsmen were, but not the managers like Zucker? Murrow, Cronkite, Brokaw, Rather, Koppel, etc. Managers were behind the scenes and stayed out of the public view. Seems Zucker and his ilk want to "make the news" like the old newspaper moguls did, instead of report the news.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read on a website about this that some employees at CNN say Stelter should go too because he knew about this a long time ago.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That would be terrific.

OK, let's see:

CNN facing calls to fire Brian Stelter for not exposing Zucker-Gollust affair

CNN is facing calls to fire its chief media correspondent, Brian Stelter, for not exposing the ongoing romantic relationship between Jeff Zucker and senior executive Allison Gollust.

Stelter, 36, the network’s top media reporter and host of its “Reliable Sources” Sunday show, either dropped the ball by not exposing Zucker and Gollust or showed a stunning lack of awareness by not being privy to their romance, a CNN insider fumed to the Daily Mail.

“The network needs to step up and fire Brian Stelter,” the unidentified source said. “He is allegedly our top media reporter — yet he failed to report on the scoop that everyone in the office knew. And if he wants to say he didn’t know, he is truly terrible at his job.”

Zucker resigned in disgrace Wednesday after failing to disclose the relationship with Gollust, the network’s executive vice president and chief marketing officer. The “consensual relationship” with his closest colleague at CNN came up during a probe into Chris Cuomo.

Gollust, meanwhile, released a statement later Wednesday saying the pair had been professional colleagues for more than two decades before their relationship “changed” during the pandemic.

Female employees at CNN told The Post they’re furious that Gollust is allowed to keep her job despite “lying” about her affair with Zucker that went on “for years.”

“Why is she allowed to keep her job?” a CNN insider told The Post.

“CNN is supposed to be a transparent news network. How does she get away with lying about their affair for so long?”

The cable news vet who spoke to the Daily Mail insisted the same fate should await Stelter.

“Brian Stelter should be calling his agent to start looking for another job,” the source said. “He’s been Jeff Zucker’s water boy for years and no one believes he didn’t know about all of this.”

A message seeking comment from Stelter was not immediately returned early Thursday. He tweeted a CNN story just before 1 a.m. about the network’s reporters “grilling” WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar over Zucker’s “sudden” departure.

“In the words of one anchor, I just don’t want to be rudderless,” Stelter wrote.

The CNN insider, meanwhile, accused Stelter — a former New York Times media reporter — of being hypocritical for not exposing Zucker and Gollust’s relationship while often criticizing other competing networks.

“He’s been sitting on his moral high horse doing Jeff’s bidding and ripping Fox and every other media outlet that Jeff tells him to while his ratings crash and burn,” the source told the Daily Mail. “Where was he on the biggest story at his own network after chastising everyone else?”

Oh, this would be almost as good as Lemon getting the ax.

“In the words of one anchor, I just don’t want to be rudderless,” Stelter wrote.

Is that how you feel without Zucker's dick sticking in your ass? Rudderless? Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Razz

Posts: 107610 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
This morning at the gym I watched FOX and CNN running Brandon’s piece. Unless you were watching Brandon, you’d have through it was two different newscasts.
FOX had captions about ATF, background checks, jailing criminal and not defunding police
CNN was stuck on guns.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
This sounds like blackmail to me and last I checked that was not legal. AT&T was right to dump Fredo for cause. IMO, AT&T should let CNN burn and then rebuild from the ashes. Yes, sucks for the shareholders who were dealt that stinking pile of crap but would be better in the long run.

Link

Report: CNN in Talks to Pay Chris Cuomo $9M in Hush Money to Protect Zucker, Network

CNN parent company AT&T is mulling paying $9 million to former host Chris Cuomo as a settlement over his exit and rancorous feud with the network, the New York Post reports.

Cuomo, according to press reports, is demanding the $18 million left in his CNN contract after he was fired by network executives citing his improper role in advising his brother, then New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, over sexual harassment charges.

AT&T's consideration of a settlement comes on the heels of CNN chief Jeff Zucker's departure from the network after he failed to disclose a relationship with a female staff member.

The Post report suggests Zucker's exit was part of an effort to keep a possible Cuomo lawsuit and new, damaging allegations against CNN and Zucker from coming to light.

The ex-CNN chief was named multiple times in a draft of a suit, which hasn't been filed, the Post reports, citing sources.

The Post reported that "Zucker's resignation came as part of an agreement hammered out with AT&T chief John Stankey, sources say. Under the agreement, Zucker would leave CNN without a fight and Stankey would settle with Cuomo, the sources said."

The paper noted the quid pro quo: "That way, Cuomo's potentially damaging additional accusations about Zucker would be kept from the public, these sources say."

CNN staff, including left-wing media critic Brian Stelter, has claimed Cuomo leaked the damaging relationship about Zucker to the press, forcing his resignation.

Stelter claims Cuomo's jihad against CNN is an effort to "burn the place down" after his acrimonious departure.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5753 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Stelter claims Cuomo's jihad against CNN is an effort to "burn the place down" after his acrimonious departure.
We should be so lucky.

Next do MSNBC, followed by the rest of 'em.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The only thing good out of all this cancel culture is the other side getting a taste of it's own medicine.
Who cares if Zucker is in a relationship?
Everyone cares (or should) about his partisan bios approach to so called news.
Good that he is gone but not for the reason he departed.

Stelter - no one really takes him seriously.
Who doesn't love Mark Dice's characterization?
We need him .... just to make fun of him.

Lemonhead on the other hand - the world is better off not seeing this racist POS.

Fun to watch CNN imploding. Smile

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"I was wrong"

Yeah, when a leftist says "I was wrong" they mean "Fuck, I got caught and can't lie my way out of it!"

They can never be wrong. Everyone knows that.

They also seem to have a real problem with apologizing for their behavior most of the time. All anyone will get is an open ended admission that they got caught.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He had an employment contract that required him to disclose the relationship. The fact he didn’t combined with cuomo suing to get his severance pay gives CNN an out to fire him or he can resign. The lady in the scenario reportedly has been working for zucker for decades. The story they just started knocking boots doesn’t pass the smell test.

Posts: 4770 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
He had an employment contract that required him to disclose the relationship. The fact he didn’t combined with cuomo suing to get his severance pay gives CNN an out to fire him or he can resign. The lady in the scenario reportedly has been working for zucker for decades. The story they just started knocking boots doesn’t pass the smell test.
During the Cuomo investigation he was asked about other office "relations" and he didn't disclose his own at that time. That's why he had to resign. I'm sure there's a lot more to it though.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://nypost.com/2022/02/03/...otential-cnn-payout/

Zucker fell on his sword in an effort to keep a possible Cuomo lawsuit against CNN from seeing the light of day, sources told The Post. The ex-CNN chief was named multiple times in a draft of a suit, which hasn’t been filed, sources said.

Zucker’s resignation came as part of an agreement hammered out with AT&T chief John Stankey, sources say. Under the agreement, Zucker would leave CNN without a fight and Stankey would settle with Cuomo, the sources said.

That way, Cuomo’s potentially damaging additional accusations about Zucker would be kept from the public, these sources say.

AT&T is negotiating with Cuomo to reach a deal that would give Cuomo likely half the $18 million he is seeking in an effort to shut him up, The Post has learned.

While Zucker paid the price stepping down as top dog of a global television network, he did so with the agreement that he would keep a piece of his privacy for leaving quickly and without a fight, sources said.

“Jeff cut a deal to say ‘I’ll leave, and you settle with Cuomo,'” a source told The Post. “He thought AT&T would fight a lawsuit and it would go public otherwise.” If Cuomo filed his lawsuit and AT&T fought it, then potentially damaging information about Zucker could come out, too, the sources said.

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post