SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jeff Zucker Out at CNN
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeff Zucker Out at CNN Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
As the old Chinese saying goes, "A journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".

Maybe AT&T (CNN's parent company) was getting a little tired of all the BS at CNN

Something's going on. Front page of today's Wall Street Journal announced that AT&T is spinning off Warner, with shareholders getting 24 cents for every share they hold. 24 cents seems pretty far down into the dumps, IMHO.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
not just "close" colleague, "closest"

brian stelter: the relationship is with Allison Gollust, the chief marketing officer for CNN. Gollust is remaining at CNN.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"I was wrong"

Yeah, when a leftist says "I was wrong" they mean "Fuck, I got caught and can't lie my way out of it!"

They can never be wrong. Everyone knows that.

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Travis and Sexton are speculating that Zucker was already in a relationship with her and that's why he hired her. And that's the real corporate no no.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Gollust came to CNN in 2013 when she left NBC, where she and Zucker had previously worked together for 15 years.

Matthew Belloni: Potentially important: I’m told CNN received a litigation hold letter recently from Chris Cuomo lawyers, demanding, among other things, preservation of all communications between Zucker, comms chief Allison Gollust, and Andrew Cuomo. Andrew ??

Jon Nicosia: Source: The upcoming Cuomo/CNN lawsuit is going to expose "a lot of dirty laundry on the workings of CNN" Based on my source, Cuomo was "very good at keeping emails". A second source within Warner/Discovery wants this to be "settled" before they take over next year.

Source: Chris Cuomo "has damaging audio of discussions with Jeff Zucker."

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Eek These are two tweets from a guy I follow there by the name of Benny Johnson:

quote:

Benny
@bennyjohnson

Hearing some incredible inside info about what is really happening at CNN right now — holy shit

2:11 PM · Feb 2, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

The whole diseased temple is coming down.

Zucker is one in a long series of dominoes.

It’s about to get much, much worse

Link

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'll believe it when I see it. Those kinds of predictions have a very strong tendency to go nowhere at all.

People love being dramatic and this is especially true when they can behave as if they know something the rest of us don't.

posted Hide Post
"Incredible inside information." Don't get me wrong I would like CNN gone but I do not care who is screwing who in the newsroom.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
important background:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/1...cowards-way-out.html

Nov 2021

There’s a place for CNN in the proposed $43 billion combination of WarnerMedia and Discovery, billionaire media mogul John Malone told CNBC in a recorded interview that aired Thursday.

“I would like to see CNN evolve back to the kind of journalism that it started with, and actually have journalists, which would be unique and refreshing,” said the cable TV pioneer and longtime chairman of Liberty Media, which is a major shareholder in Discovery. “I do believe good journalism could have a role in this future portfolio that Discovery-TimeWarner’s going to represent.”

Back in May, AT&T announced a deal to combine its content unit WarnerMedia with Discovery. Under the agreement, AT&T will unwind its $85 billion acquisition of TimeWarner, which closed just about three years ago and form a new and separate media company with Discovery. It will bring together AT&T-owned CNN, HBO and the Warner Bros. studio and Discovery’s channels, including Animal Planet, TLC and its namesake Discovery Channel. At the time of the announcement, the parties had said they hoped to close the transaction in the middle of next year.

“A coward’s way out would be to sell [CNN] or spin it off and then sell it,” Malone said, in response to a question from CNBC’s David Faber on whether the cable news network would fit into the video streaming ambitions of the merged company, which will be named Warner Bros. Discovery.

Shortly after the WarnerMedia-Discovery merger was initial announced, Malone told CNBC at the time that he sees the combined company becoming the No. 3 global streamer behind Netflix and Disney+.

posted Hide Post
Is Cuomo trying to justify his covering for his snake brother (or brother snake) by using Zucker?

If it wasn’t so pathetic, it would be funny.

Oh and 18 mil severance? Damn.

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
What a cesspool. No wonder they identify with Leftists.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Don Lemon and the serial masturbator are next to go?

Lemon has allegations against him too and they should have never hired that jerkoff back, what a complete joke and lack of morals those people have. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, how long has Zucker been cornholing Stelter?

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Well, until they sort their shit out...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
...the serial masturbator are next to go?

One of my favorite quotes seen today:

"Looks like Jeffery Toobin was the only CNN employee who could keep his hands to himself"

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The fact that Jeffy Jackoff still has a job tells you everything you need to know about that whorehouse.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The mental image of Stelter’s eyeballs bulging cartoonishly with every Zucker thrust is making me lol

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
The made-for-cable title for this affair will be "Allison Zuckerland."

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
The mental image of Stelter’s eyeballs bulging cartoonishly with every Zucker thrust is making me lol

That’s not an image I want playing in my head