SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Advise on buying a 2019 Corvette
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advise on buying a 2019 Corvette Login/Join 
posted
I'm almost 64 and have never bought anything nice for myself, always wife or kids.
Always wanted a muscle car, 69 Camaro or a C2 Corvette.
Stopped at a Chevy dealer this morning, the paper says Stingray w/2LT. 6.2 liter
13,000 miles. Want 59,000 out the door. Stopped and talked to my mechanic and he
will give it a look to make sure it hadn't been wrecked or in a flood.
I just got home and haven't researched it yet. Does 59,000 seem like a fair price?
I know there a lot of car enthusiast on the forum. Oh, and he said lifetime warranty
I don't know to weather to believe that.

Posts: 1332 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I would go to Autotrader and other big retailers and see what the asking prices are for similar vettes.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5725 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Punch everything on Edmunds.com or Kbb to see what it’s worth. The price sounds high.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12961 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually those lifetime warranties on used cars have low limits to their coverages and once they are exhausted they are useless. Price seems high to me, but what do I know?

Posts: 874 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
$59K is high. '21 and'22 year models are ~$60K depending on options.

Posts: 591 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can probably find a better deal than 59 grand out the door so checkout www.autotrader.com to see what deals are available in your area and don't be afraid to do a fly and drive for the right deal. I was looking at Vettes recently and saw several L1's in my area for under 50 grand but weren't high mileage. Checkout this corvette forum, lots of good information and knowledgeable vette owners.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/

Posts: 1724 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I don’t think the price is too out of line for low miles and the 2LT package. Just keep in mind that there are a lot of low mileage Corvettes out there, they may sharpen their pencil if there are one or two more that you are interested in elsewhere.

Posts: 13595 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Want 59,000 out the door.

Does "out the door" include taxes, title, and license fees?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24636 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Check for the transmission 'death code'
Friend of mine was lined up to buy a 21 & it threw the death code on the test drive.
He went down to a 20 & ended up with fewer miles & a couple more options.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16012 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Want 59,000 out the door.

Does "out the door" include taxes, title, and license fees?

Yes. Maybe I'll go back and say knock off 5 grand
and I'll give you a cashiers check tomorrow.
I sat in it but refused a test drive. I've never driven a car with that much horsepower.
Motorcycles yes. KZ1300 and a Vmax, whole lot of horsepower for two wheels.
Thanks for the replies. I'll look up autotrader

Posts: 1332 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I sat in it but refused a test drive. I've never driven a car with that much horsepower.

Well, the time to find out if you like it is before you give them a cashiers check.
You're going to drive it home, right?
You'd might as well take a test drive.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24636 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I drove a 2018 ZR1 for a few months and Wow.

You will do fine with the HP.

Posts: 1138 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well, the time to find out if you like it is before you give them a cashiers check.
Yes, I'll drive it to my mechanic who I've dealt with for 25 years, He will give it look to make sure it hasn't been wrecked. My body ailments Don't permit me to crawl around on the ground anymore. Confused

posted Hide Post
Why not just do a Carfax or CarVertical report? All you need is the VIN. Don't get me wrong, I'd have the mechanic do a PPI, but it might save you time and money if you do a quick carfax and see that it has been in an accident.

For what its worth, an accident that didn't warrant a salvage title wouldn't scare me away as along as all the panel gaps look even and paint matches. My FIL had a C5 Z06 that he bought knowing it was in an accident that required a fender being replaced. The car was great and never gave him any trouble.

quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
quote:
quote:

Yes, I'll drive it to my mechanic who I've dealt with for 25 years, He will give it look to make sure it hasn't been wrecked. My body ailments Don't permit me to crawl around on the ground anymore. Confused

Posts: 751 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
While a minor accident wouldn’t scare me away it can be a significant bargaining chip.

Pay for the Carfax even if you have a mechanic look at it. It’s cheap insurance…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6482 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
quote:
quote:

2019 price depends whether, base stingray, with z51 option, z06, grand sport, all have different values!!

big or small dealer, carfax provided??

Posts: 2245 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I have the vin number, I'll do the carfax. The last four or five cars I've bought
were from my Father or my Boss.

posted Hide Post
Would go to "bring a trailer" and look at comps.

These cars depreciate pretty hard. The C7 esp. and unless it's a Z06 it's not that fast.

They are built for mid-life-crisis guys and there is an old saying:

Happiest day is the day you get it and the second happiest is the day you sell it.

Posts: 366 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Looks like a $59k car would come with a Carfax report. If it doesn’t already have one, tell them to get one for you.

Posts: 13595 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, make them give you a carfax. There's plenty of money for that already built into the price.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3633 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post