SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Guy shoots female cop in chest during traffic stop
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guy shoots female cop in chest during traffic stop Login/Join 
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted
I searched and did not find this posted already, as far as I can tell this is recent. Stuff like this makes no sense, why are people so crazy? The dude looks like he lives in his parents basement, carrying around his cat. They never stated drugs were found so why try to kill someone over a traffic stop? Good for the officer though.

Bodycam footage

Posts: 4232 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The POS' father seemed pretty nonchalant about it. Roll Eyes If I were the father, I would have beaten the shit out of my son right there. Tough cop, right there. Glad she caught the mofo.

Q

Posts: 27625 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Senseless...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6482 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
"Why are people so crazy? Why try to kill someone over a traffic stop?"

Maybe he was driving angry because the beer he poured on his Wheaties this morning made them soggy.
With the information given, we can only speculate.

Posts: 4822 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
News starting to report the escalation of crime ...
"Get tough on crime" banter is fixing to start again now that they have proven Trump caused the crime to spike. SMDH ...

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of people in the world with serious mental illness, the things they do makes sense to them at the time, but does not make sense to anyone else.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Thank God she had on her vest.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2164 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
What‽ She jumped back and fell down after being shot, not to mention putting her hands up over her face; what’s with that? She should have done a tactical roll, bounced up to shoot the gun out of his hand, and then dragged him though the window and beat him senseless. Roll Eyes

Yes, that is sarcasm directed at the ludicrous criticisms of how other officers have reacted to being shot at in recent times. “Oh, you screamed when someone tried to kill you? Git back in the kitchen where you belong!”

It appeared that her accuracy when shooting was very good under the circumstances, and she sounded much calmer than I would have.

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47720 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
I watched the full video below over the weekend. She had injuries to both hands but made no mention of being hit in her vest. The situation could have gotten a lot worse because after she chased him down she pulled out her duty AR but it either never had a magazine in it or the mag release got hit by accident dropping the mag. Anyhow, she confronted the shooter with her rifle as he walked back towards her vehicle and she also confronted his father (who pulled up behind her at a distance) while carrying the rifle as her primary defense weapon all the time not knowing there was no mag in place. A responding local officer didn't mention it to her either.

https://youtu.be/latLT6Jzud4

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1916 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
there was no mag in place

Thanks for that. It’s not the first incident involving an officer’s rifle with no magazine, but it’s something I’ve never seen mentioned in training with the weapons. We might think that such a thing would be obvious, but not if someone doesn’t have a lot of experience with the gun, and especially if they have other things on their minds. It’s also a reason to try to find room on one’s duty belt for at least a spare 20 round mag.

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47720 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
What‽ She jumped back and fell down after being shot, not to mention putting her hands up over her face; what’s with that? She should have done a tactical roll, bounced up to shoot the gun out of his hand, and then dragged him though the window and beat him senseless.

No no no... It's tactical roll into a fighting stance, leap forward, break the wrist and walk away...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38249 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang that is scary. She did a great job and remained extremely calm. I don't think as a woman (size difference) I would have cuffed that guy all alone on the highway once I caught up with him.

I think I would have waited until other officers arrived because you already know for a fact he's dangerous, has a felony and prison sentence coming and might have nothing to live for at that point.

Posts: 4011 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
I watched the full video below over the weekend. She had injuries to both hands but made no mention of being hit in her vest. The situation could have gotten a lot worse because after she chased him down she pulled out her duty AR but it either never had a magazine in it or the mag release got hit by accident dropping the mag. Anyhow, she confronted the shooter with her rifle as he walked back towards her vehicle and she also confronted his father (who pulled up behind her at a distance) while carrying the rifle as her primary defense weapon all the time not knowing there was no mag in place. A responding local officer didn't mention it to her either.

https://youtu.be/latLT6Jzud4

She didn't realize she dropped the mag at about 5:45 of that video.

Year V

Posts: 2674 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
It looked like a 30 round mag. Believe she ejected it.

Posts: 17987 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
* P228 factoids * // The original PROTO-1 Auction

Posts: 20717 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008
smlsig

posted November 23, 2020 05:25 AM Hide Post
Senseless...
Though I may be thought to be an uncivilized heathen, I don't understand why in cases like this the LE supervisor doesn't show up on scene, look at the body cam footage, verify it with everyone there, then walk over and tell the shooter "The body cam proves you shot a cop. Goodbye." BANG. No trial or jail time required.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ What the heck are you quoting, bigdeal? Confused

Q

Posts: 27625 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Looks like she chambered a round, or at least tried, before the mag dropped.

Posts: 4061 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Looks like she was trying to chamber a round, but couldn't go the charging handle due to the injuries to her left hand.
After switching hands to charge with her right hand, it looks like the rifle hit the steering wheel close to the mag release, and the mag drops during the transition back to the right hand.

What I don't see in the video is the dog. I'm surprised that she didn't pop the door when the father started to walk up.
Was the dog not in the vehicle with her?
Does a K9 unit retain the call sign if the dog is off duty?

Don't get me wrong, she stayed poised while hit and returning fire, tracked down the bad guy herself, gave radio updates the whole time... I can only imagine the adrenaline dump she had at the hospital.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3385 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
* P228 factoids * // The original PROTO-1 Auction

Posts: 20717 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008
smlsig

posted November 23, 2020 05:25 AM Hide Post
Senseless...
Though I may be thought to be an uncivilized heathen, I don't understand why in cases like this the LE supervisor doesn't show up on scene, look at the body cam footage, verify it with everyone there, then walk over and tell the shooter "The body cam proves you shot a cop. Goodbye." BANG. No trial or jail time required.

Well, see because we got this thing called a constitution, and part of the constitution is the Bill of Rights, and I'm pretty sure summary execution is a violation of those documents. That's something the bad guys do, we've fought wars over things like that.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17089 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
If I were the father, I would have beaten the shit out of my son right there.

If you were the father, you wouldn’t have been in that situation because your kid wouldn’t be a POS cop shooter.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post