SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mini Grease Gun Recommendation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mini Grease Gun Recommendation Login/Join 
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted
Like the title says. I'm getting a trailer for my motorcycle. It has Zerks on the wheel bearings. Looking for a quality mini grease gun. Don't want a full size one as I'm space constrained.

Thanks!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Lucas brands a mini, sold at Home Depot. That's what I had until it got disappeared. Also had a flexible extension for it.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
those little ones are useless as about every other time you need to grease something, it is out. Don't bother. Use a regular size. Takes up about the same space.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19242 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
You are wanting to haul it with you?

I can't think of a reason you would need a grease gun with you if trailer is properly serviced before the trip

Posts: 5350 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I went off on a tangent before I opened and read the first post.

Still, I think you need one of these for your trip.

.177 caliber
Full-auto or semi-auto modes
Blowback action
Full-metal construction
30-round drop free magazine
Max. velocity: 415 FPS
Approximately 120 BBs (4 magazines) per full CO2 charge
Cyclic rate: 1,025 BBs per minute
3-position manual safety
Peep-style iron sights
Flip-open dust cover
Collapsible wire stock
Thumbhole charging slot on bolt
Uses two 12-gram CO2 cartridges

https://www.pyramydair.com/pro...o2-grease-gun?m=5341

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
RichardC, thanks, I needed that! But I didn't see the Zerk fitting on the end of the barrel....

BigSwede, I wouldn't need to haul it, but I live in a fifth wheel, so limited space.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Push harder. Smile

(I know. 'That's what she said.')

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
one of life's fallacies is zerks on trailer wheel bearings. Properly lubricated initially there is simply no need to add lube while you are out and about.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11016 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
one of life's fallacies is zerks on trailer wheel bearings. Properly lubricated initially there is simply no need to add lube while you are out and about.

Agreed.
I'd take those apart and be sure they are quality bearings and seals, clean, and repack with Mobil 1 wheel bearing grease so you're done with it.
Be sure the installed bearings are not Chinese crap.
The only reason to have grease fittings is if it's a boat trailer and has been in the water.

Posts: 9546 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Agreed.
I'd take those apart and be sure they are quality bearings and seals, clean, and repack with Mobil 1 wheel bearing grease so you're done with it.
The only reason to have grease fittings is if it's a boat trailer and has been in the water.

Yep.

Awake not woke

Posts: 573 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Minimal size, refillable, great for chain saws, mowers, smaller needs --

https://www.cutterschoice.com/...rease-gun-refillable

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8364 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
After dealing with a number of grease guns on farm machinery I default to John Deere grease guns, because they work and last.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:

Agreed.

I third this. But, if you must, lubrimatic makes a pretty good mini grease gun found at West Marine stores as well as other places.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Depending on what you want to spend on said item, I saw that China Mart (Walmart) had one on the lubricants aisle for $13.47 under their store brand 'Hyper TOUGH'. I'm sure it's not, but how often will this thing fail?

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post