SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chicago judge shot, killed outside his home
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago judge shot, killed outside his home Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
A Chicago judge was killed and a woman was wounded in a shooting early Monday morning outside the judge’s home, according to police.

Officers responded to a 4:51 a.m. call to shots fired in the West Chesterfield neighborhood on the city's South Side where they found the judge with several gunshot wounds. The Chicago Tribune identified him as 66-year-old Associate Judge Raymond Myles.

He was pronounced dead at Advocate Christ Medical Center. Paramedics rushed a 52-year-old woman hit in the leg to the hospital in serious condition. The relationship between the judge and the woman was unclear.

Police reported nobody in custody as they launched a homicide investigation.

Myles had been involved in several high-profile cases, such as the murder of relatives of singer and actress Jennifer Hudson in 2008, when he ordered William Balfour to be held without bond.

Myles was attacked in 2015 after a minor traffic collision after taking pictures of the damage on his car, the Tribune added. The other driver punched him in the face, causing serious injuries, according to court records cited in the newspaper.

"I heard maybe six shots. The shots woke me up, and the screaming of the woman woke me up. She was screaming, 'Don't kill him, don't kill him!'" an unidentified neighbor told the Tribune, saying the judge and the woman often left the home early in the morning to work out at a nearby health club.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Gee, I wonder who did it. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107484 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Is there anyone in Chicago that Hasn't been shot??

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Gee, I wonder who did it. Roll Eyes

In that third world city, there could be half a million suspects. They'll be very lucky to find the shooter I would think.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
The dog?

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
This was in Mexico right?.....

Oh...What Chicago?....

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3472 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4:51am .... interesting. (Unless someone rang the bell and he came outside)

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love to know what the judge was up to at that time of the morning on the south side of Chicago.

Posts: 3904 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimmyRayBob:
He was leaving to go to the gym and the shooter(s) knew his schedule. This is going to be someone who appeared before him in court, and I could offer up a general physical description and I'd wager I'd hit the nail on the head. Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by JimmyRayBob:
He was leaving to go to the gym and the shooter(s) knew his schedule. This is going to be someone who appeared before him in court, and I could offer up a general physical description and I'd wager I'd hit the nail on the head. Roll Eyes

I'd guess this was an employee of someone who appeared before the Judge.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
A judge lives in that area?

Posts: 20071 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
What's next? Candle light vigil and call for more gun control.

Q

Posts: 26332 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He won't get a candle light vigil. Are you kidding? Wrong color and wrong profession. They're cheering about it up there.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
The dog?

^^^ Big Grin^^^

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
We need to establish a Green Zone in Chicago until it's safe to rebuild.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The local fishwrapper says botched robbery

http://www.chicagotribune.com/...-20170410-story.html

The neighbor said he believes the judge and the woman were leaving the home to work out at a health club nearby. They always got up early to work out, he said. "The woman, she had a bottle of water with her."

The neighbor also thinks that cameras installed by the judge at his home caught the shooting. There had a been push recently to get cameras installed throughout the neighborhood. He remembered joking with Myles about how the cameras might catch neighbors doing something embarrassing.

"We would joke, after the cameras were installed," he said.

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
The local fishwrapper says botched robbery

Not buying that. Sounds like he was targeted.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's apparent that he had a predictable schedule. This wasn't a robbery. This was a planned murder.

I guess he should have checked his privilege

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Why would he have not taken the precaution and carry a weapon? Or was he a liberal judge?

Not too hard to figure out that he might have been a target for someone's anger or revenge.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Said they had video cameras, guess she walked out into it since she lived, he died the "hit" theory seems to have merit, doesn't say they were married, perhaps scorned lover who was jailed by the judge on a false charge created by a lying spouse who wanted the guy gone so she could sleep with the judge... Big Grin

I'll ask my wife when it's gonna be on Lifetime...

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post