SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It’s 10 degrees outside and Duke Power is purposefully killing power to half a million people
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It’s 10 degrees outside and Duke Power is purposefully killing power to half a million people Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Go to a shareholder meeting and complain. Might get some results.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Go to a shareholder meeting and complain. Might get some results.

Some companies may allow this but Rappahannock Electric Cooperative (yeah right) has closed meetings and will not allow anyone in because "internal business policies and grid security" are discussed. Biggest pile of horseshit I've heard but whatever. They have a monopoly and know that we can't do shit about it.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Yeah Grid Security. Like they have any except for Gomer who drives by the substation every once in a while.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as I know shareholders are allowed at Duke. I inherited some shares and can attend if I want.
It is funny in some shareholder meetings to ask the CEO embarrassing questions about the company's performance. There is usually a pretty big audience of people at these meetings.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
WRAL article on Duke's apology:

https://www.wral.com/20653997/

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the result of decades of basically ignoring the grid. It needs to be maintained and periodically upgraded, but that costs and cuts profit. The California fires were largely the result of poor maintenance and failure to trim back brush near the lines. Oh yeah, they have rolling blackouts in the summer.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post