SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The squids and idiots were out in force in Charlotte today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The squids and idiots were out in force in Charlotte today Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
Wow, several from Charlotte here.
Ive not seen them either but I've heard of days being "the day" the riders hit the streets.

Do you use Bull Moose Guns for your transfers?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
hahaha

one hit a tree here in Eastern NC...while awaiting the amberlamps, someone jumped on his atv and drove off with it!!

Darwin won that round.

No helmet, 2200 hours, on an atv, C&R, (tox hasn't come back-but I'd wager a months pay that there was alcohol)..

I guess I'm a heartless bastard, but fuck 'em...drive like an idiot; you get what you deserve.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11458 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Flashguy, Squid is a term for navy personnel but it has another meaning as well. Living in the Norfolk, VA Beach, Chesapeake VA area for years I can't help but wonder if the Navy type squids had anything to do with the creation of the term squid regarding motorcycle riders. I know many Navy Squid types are also squids on motorcycles.

The way I understand it is that motorcycle riders, specifically sport bike riders, look like squids after the crash. It has to do with broken bodies and inners becoming outers.

What I wonder, is there any way to mark these riders during a pursuit so that when they are not running they can be picked up? For example, an officer has some way to 'paint' a bike. when the cyclist parks or is stopped, another officer can arrest for riding a bike that was used to flee a stop. I think the nonsense would stop if the cyclist had to be in flee mode every time he mounted his bike. IDK, whaddayathink?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
The way I understand it is that motorcycle riders, specifically sport bike riders, look like squids

Extends to dirt bike riders (esp new ones - novice class), you can see them at the track causing mayhem, bad body position, no bike control, lots of crashing. Squirrely kid = squid.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post