SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Instant coffee that’s good – and keeps good
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Instant coffee that’s good – and keeps good Login/Join 
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Cafe Bustelo packs. Hard to beat.

Posts: 395 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second the Elite Instant from Israel. I use it when I take RV trips and it is very good.

Posts: 73 | Location: Oceanside, CA | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
In the mid-1990s, I traveled to Japan often. I didn’t realize they had a Starbucks in the big cities (similar to America), so being essential for a proper morning, I brought my own coffee, pre-ground in a half pound bag.

I had a cool thermos that had a pour-over attachment on the top w/ gold mesh filter. Very compact. Very neat.

Just as easy as making any instant coffee; all you need to do is add hot water. Guess what every Japanese hotel has down the hall… Instant hot water for your tea. Works great for pour-overs as well. Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Pipesmoker, I've ordered a package to try. If I like it it might be a good Christmas gift/stocking stuffer.

What did you think of it?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9001 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Lately I've been lazy and started using pods as opposed to grinding beans/drip coffee. I'll say many are pretty good and just as easy as using an instant coffee.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38717 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post