SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nice try, CBS, But No Cigar
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nice try, CBS, But No Cigar Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
The cast of the new Star Trek takes a knee.
They should savor the moment, because that's the high water mark of their fame.

Never heard of 'em, didn't know there was yet another Star Trek series. How laughable. They think they mattter.

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swordsmn:
I feel embarrassed I gave The Orville a try. When the guys from the all male race had a female child & then sought the Dr for corrective surgery, call me whateverphobic but I gave up on the series.

That episode was actually more in the spirit of the original Star Trek series than STD's premier. ST TOS episodes nearly always had a social message.

I thought it a bit... odd, but I didn't have a problem with it. In fact I found Bortus' mind being changed by the Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer story amusing. However: If they go too far with that kind of thing, to the point it distracts from the entertainment value, I'll stop watching. ST TOS always got their message across while still being entertaining.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Star Trek STD

Sexually Transmitted Disease

how fitting for a bunch of no-names...

Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53852 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post