SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thank you all for everything, but it's time for me to leave.
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thank you all for everything, but it's time for me to leave. Login/Join 
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
In the end, this was a very entertaining read. Thank you for all the lighthearted films, videos' songs, and streams. To state the obvious, the topic might be serious, but the exit deserved the response. To those who don't understand, they are on other forums. Everyone here gets it.
The moral: The Marx Brothers are timeless.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
46 and 2 - How could you be this worked up about what you've stated you're worked up about, and yet hung out here all this time?

I think the schism in this country is growing deeper. As it does so, it causes events that create a reaction further dividing the people.....or rather motivating people to divide themselves. 46and2 is an example.

What I've observed is that Roe being overturned provoked those who do evil, to do it more and with greater gusto. It excited others who sat on the fence to choose sides. I've read 46and2's perspective on religious people; specifically Christian people. Substitute race, age or sex etc. and he reveals that he's a bigot. No worries, I avoided engaging him.

I do believe this division, this time of choosing in this nation......even the world, transcends this life. I believe one of the purposes of this life is for each individual to choose righteousness or the seduction of evil. We are seeing that happen. How do I determine which is which? If it is destructive of the innocent and weak, if it is selfish, if it sacrifices the innocent for the benefit of the guilty, it is evil. Choosing evil will lead to one's spiritual peril. By their fruits you shall know them. I'll cut and paste some lyrics to consider from the Battle Hymn of the Republic:

1. Mine eyes have seen the glory
of the coming of the Lord;
he is trampling out the vintage
where the grapes of wrath are stored;
he hath loosed the fateful lightning
of his terrible swift sword;
his truth is marching on.
Refrain:
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
His truth is marching on.

2. I have seen him in the watchfires
of a hundred circling camps,
they have builded him an altar
in the evening dews and damps;
I can read his righteous sentence
by the dim and flaring lamps;
his day is marching on.
(Refrain)

3. He has sounded forth the trumpet
that shall never call retreat;
he is sifting out the hearts of men before his judgment seat;
O be swift, my soul, to answer him;
be jubilant, my feet!
Our God is marching on.
(Refrain)

4. In the beauty of the lilies
Christ was born across the sea,
with a glory in his bosom
that transfigures you and me;
as he died to make men holy,
let us die to make men free,
while God is marching on.
(Refrain)

5. He is coming like the glory
of the morning on the wave,
he is wisdom to the mighty,
he is honor to the brave;
so the world shall be his footstool,
and the soul of wrong his slave.
Our God is marching on.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
This morning, I had a WalMartian cashier tell me that at the rate women are losing their rights she figured they’d be losing the right to drive next. She also mentioned something about smoking weed. Coincidence?

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
^^^^Id have definitely responded to that bullshit.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
46 and 2 - How could you be this worked up about what you've stated you're worked up about, and yet hung out here all this time?

I think the schism in this country is growing deeper. As it does so, it causes events that create a reaction further dividing the people.....or rather motivating people to divide themselves. 46and2 is an example.

What I've observed is that Roe being overturned provoked those who do evil, to do it more and with greater gusto. It excited others who sat on the fence to choose sides. I've read 46and2's perspective on religious people; specifically Christian people. Substitute race, age or sex etc. and he reveals that he's a bigot. No worries, I avoided engaging him.

I do believe this division, this time of choosing in this nation......even the world, transcends this life. I believe one of the purposes of this life is for each individual to choose righteousness or the seduction of evil. We are seeing that happen. How do I determine which is which? If it is destructive of the innocent and weak, if it is selfish, if it sacrifices the innocent for the benefit of the guilty, it is evil. Choosing evil will lead to one's spiritual peril. By their fruits you shall know them. I'll cut and paste some lyrics to consider from the Battle Hymn of the Republic:

1. Mine eyes have seen the glory
of the coming of the Lord;
he is trampling out the vintage
where the grapes of wrath are stored;
he hath loosed the fateful lightning
of his terrible swift sword;
his truth is marching on.
Refrain:
His truth is marching on.

2. I have seen him in the watchfires
of a hundred circling camps,
they have builded him an altar
in the evening dews and damps;
I can read his righteous sentence
by the dim and flaring lamps;
his day is marching on.
(Refrain)

3. He has sounded forth the trumpet
that shall never call retreat;
he is sifting out the hearts of men before his judgment seat;
O be swift, my soul, to answer him;
be jubilant, my feet!
Our God is marching on.
(Refrain)

4. In the beauty of the lilies
Christ was born across the sea,
with a glory in his bosom
that transfigures you and me;
as he died to make men holy,
let us die to make men free,
while God is marching on.
(Refrain)

5. He is coming like the glory
of the morning on the wave,
he is wisdom to the mighty,
he is honor to the brave;
so the world shall be his footstool,
and the soul of wrong his slave.
Our God is marching on.

On a side note:

I read a history the other day of the author of the Battle Hymn of the Republic it was pretty interesting and worth the read. It prompted me to look for some videos on YouTube. This was my favorite I found, between the song and video that accompanied it. Very well done.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
^^^^Id have definitely responded to that bullshit.

There was just so much wrong with what she said, I didn’t even know where to begin.

Plus, it’s 4th of July weekend and my time is valuable.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
This morning, I had a WalMartian cashier tell me that at the rate women are losing their rights she figured they’d be losing the right to drive next. She also mentioned something about smoking weed. Coincidence?
I would have had to tell her what I thought about her unsolicited opinion . Probably would have told corporate as well .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, no,; it’s the Vote that’s next. And then it’s the personal property and inheritance entails.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
This morning, I had a WalMartian cashier tell me that at the rate women are losing their rights she figured they’d be losing the right to drive next.

I would have a hard time keeping my mouth shut. Something along the lines of it would make the roads safer. Big Grin

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:

OP discounted the possible link between marijuana usage and psychosis. Here is a page, different from my prior post, from Canada.

https://cannabisandpsychosis.ca/

Or maybe the OP is a theosophist and believes that he is an advance member of the Sixth Root Race that will be established in full at the re-emergence of the Lemurian continent. A Blavatsky-ite.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’m calling BS on this post! Ain’t no way there was a live cashier on duty in a Walmart! Roll Eyes Wink Smile

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:

Or maybe the OP is a theosophist and believes that he is an advance member of the Sixth Root Race that will be established in full at the re-emergence of the Lemurian continent. A Blavatsky-ite.

I’ve never seen him at any of the meetings.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
This is all part of a plan for the Amish to rule the world.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
This is all part of a plan for the Amish to rule the world.

And if you dont believe it come to appliancebrad and my neck of the woods.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I'm at the point where I don't care anymore and this thread could cycle down off the first page and so on.
Remember that time...?
No, I don't.
46 and who?

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“I didn’t like him anyway, he wasn’t right in the head.”

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by trapper189:

I’m calling BS on this post! Ain’t no way there was a live cashier on duty in a Walmart! Roll Eyes Wink Smile

Yep. A dozen self scanners and one cashier. I'm not scanning and bagging 75 items. The last time I went there were
8 or 9 people waiting for one cashier. I pushed my cart to the side and went to Krogers.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:

I really have a hard time imagining this scenario in real life.

Cashier: "Did you find everything you need?"

Me: "Yes."

Cashier: "At the rate women are losing their rights, the next thing they'll lose is the right to drive."

Me: "WTF???"

I just don't interact with cashiers in a way that allows them to think they can share their political views with me. Just ring the items, bag them, and hand me my receipt.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
If y’all ever piss me off bad enough that I don’t want to be on here anymore, I doubt you will know it. I’ll probably just stop opening the page. I’m under no illusion that anyone here gives a shit why I do or don’t participate in this forum, and I doubt anyone would be interested in hearing about why I stay or go. So if I ever bail, sorry but I’m going to do my best not to flame out spectacularly.

- Bret

Posts: 2464 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^ Well, that's no fun, now is it?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post