SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Couple Lives Permanently On A Cruise Ship Because It’s Cheaper Than Paying For A Mortgage
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Couple Lives Permanently On A Cruise Ship Because It’s Cheaper Than Paying For A Mortgage Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have heard (hearsay) of folks doing this, but it's not something I would consider. I've done a couple of ocean cruises, and for a short time it's nice. It's not something I'd want to be continual. River cruises are more my line, but there is no way they could be made into a living style.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it works for them it works and I love traveling but I think traveling continuously would get old quick and I enjoy having my own home to come home to instead of depending on others while I wait for my next cruise to set sail.

Posts: 1618 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
If it works for them it works and I love traveling but I think traveling continuously would get old quick and I enjoy having my own home to come home to instead of depending on others while I wait for my next cruise to set sail.

When I owned my own company I traveled a lot and yes, I got very tired of living out of a suitcase.

Two weeks is about my limit these days.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I really don’t think it would work for me, but it does takes all types to make the world go ‘round. If it works for them, more power to ‘em. Smile

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That just sounds awful to me. Yeah, you're going from place to place, but it would feel too much like a prison. Like Snowpiercer but on water.

Of course, it's possible I may just jaded since I already live half my life on the ocean, so there's that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Its all fun and games until some retard captain does this.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So, when they go on vacation, do they fly to Cleveland in January and sit in somebody's living room?

Ha !!! And a good point too. "No More Vacations for YOU !!!".

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
Its all fun and games until some retard captain does this.

And the sharks, don't forget the sharks. I hate sharks.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I asked my wife if she would be interested and she mentioned one of us would be dead within a week. We live in a 2500 sq. ft. house and sometimes that is not big enough. Big Grin

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
I asked my wife if she would be interested and she mentioned one of us would be dead within a week. We live in a 2500 sq. ft. house and sometimes that is not big enough. Big Grin

The dead one was not going to be her!

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post