SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia elections November 2021 update: Thanks to everyone who made it happen
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia elections November 2021 update: Thanks to everyone who made it happen Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
To Virginia voters:

There are signs that the coming Virginia elections will be close.

Typically, our elections for Governor have significantly less turn out than Presidential elections. So getting our Republican / conservative voting numbers up will be key to winning.

Studies have shown the most effective ways to get people to vote employ one-on-one discussions of the candidates.
Talk to your friends, email your friends; let them know how important it is to vote. You can make a difference.

Early in-person voting starts 17 September 2021. Election day is 2 November 2021

State Wide Republican Candidates:

Glenn Youngkin for Governor
https://www.youngkinforgovernor.com/

Winsome Sears for LT Governor
https://winsomesears.com/

Jason Miyares for Attorney General
https://www.jasonmiyares.com/

Be sure everyone knows who the candidates are and why it is important to get Virginia back on track

Vote to create jobs and get small businesses moving again. Stand up for law enforcement and our 1st and 2nd amendment rights. Make election integrity a priority and have “every legitimate vote count”. Vote to protect life.

And vote to maintain high standards for schools all over our state. So that every student can graduate career or college ready.
Time to take a stand.

Vote to unite Virginia and stop the attempts to turn Virginians against one another.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Posts: 19559 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
sadly, our local delegate (LaRock) in the state House has gone off the deep end. He's stood on my porch and we've talked about the issues more than once but when he starts posting stuff about re-education of transgenders on social media, you just know the moderate Dem he's running against is going to eat his lunch.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have spoken to Winsome a number of times via facebook before she decided to run. I could not be happier with her running.

I know little about Younkin, or Jason.

I wish Andrew Knaggs had stayed in the game, but there is always the next elections cycle.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Youngkin was a partner and then CEO at The Carlyle Group. The left will try to crucify him for being a captalist but if using private wealth to invest in the future of America is wrong....well, that just makes it all the more transparent about what the DNC platform is.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you, sdy, for starting this thread and keeping people aware of the happenings.

quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Youngkin was a partner and then CEO at The Carlyle Group. The left will try to crucify him for being a captalist but if using private wealth to invest in the future of America is wrong....well, that just makes it all the more transparent about what the DNC platform is.

I ask simply because I don't know: Where did McAwful's fortunes come from?

God bless America.

Posts: 13483 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Thank you, sdy, for starting this thread and keeping people aware of the happenings.

quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

I ask simply because I don't know: Where did McAwful's fortunes come from?

originally? Banking.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The complete and total cluster that is the Biden Presidency has to be hurting Dems chances in upcoming elections. Just look at the support he has from independents in polls and consider that those numbers might be slightly inflated. Eek To think that isn’t spilling over and hurting the party as a whole would be foolish.

The more apolitical family members who are my barometer for things political have become QUITE vocal over Biden’s failures and especially inflation lately. I wouldn’t give up on Virginia just yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
We've got a real chance to make some changes this election cycle IF we turn out and vote. Don't fall for the MSM predictions that are trying to influence us into not bothering to vote since we have no chance of winning. Show up and vote!!

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gun owners need to get out and vote to turn this once great state sround.

Posts: 12 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: March 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DannyFXDC:
Gun owners need to get out and vote to turn this once great state sround.

I just get the feeling Dems are a little concerned about this guvertorial election, they are sensing many people are fed up. Of course I'm going to vote.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
We've got a real chance to make some changes this election cycle IF we turn out and vote. Don't fall for the MSM predictions that are trying to influence us into not bothering to vote since we have no chance of winning. Show up and vote!!

I will be there, we won't win the governor, but maybe we can get some delegates, not where I live (very blue), but in the purple areas.

I'd love to be proven wrong, I mean like really, really love it, but very unlikely.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20807 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Come on Virginia, show up and vote out some Dems Marxists !!

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just an anecdote from when we were in VA last week, at Sandbridge, south of VA Beach:

Not sure if the area is particularly conservative or what but I saw signs for Youngkin the Republican EVERYWHERE. Only saw like one sign for McAuliffe the entire time driving from MD down through RT 13 into VA across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel and down to Sandbridge.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
PASig, There is a lot of military in VA Beach. Undoubtedly there is not much love for the democrat party there right now.

Trump won VA Beach in 2016 but Biden won in 2020 even with Trump bringing out more voters than he did in 2016. It’s an area that I would consider to be conservative leaning because of its military presence. Given the cluster in Afghanistan I can see why those on the right side of the political spectrum would be especially vocal right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Va Beach is my hometown, both my wife and I grew up there being Navy brats. VERY conservative for sure but most military maintain residency outside the state so that may not equate to voting power of that base. Not sure if the rules changed but I know my parents did Mail-in ballots for NY until my mom started working again locally after we were old enough to be on our own

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
These flyers are showing up in mailboxes now.

Return address:
Honest Elections Project
368 S Pickett St, #9956
Alexandria VA 22304

I'm not sure what to make of this -- good stuff, or scam-in-the-works?

God bless America.

Posts: 13483 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
My opinion - vote early in-person at your local registrar's office.

Posts: 19559 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just make sure the Cemeteries are locked tight.

Many Democrat voters there will want to cast an absentee ballot.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
My opinion - vote early in-person at your local registrar's office.

+1 if you decide to vote absentee. Me, I'm going to show up live and in person, driver's license in hand.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
And of course that pos McCauliffe doesn’t abide by his party’s own rules..

https://apple.news/AS1_Zhs5jQAiEuKhySSPWyA

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post