SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia elections November 2021 update: Thanks to everyone who made it happen
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia elections November 2021 update: Thanks to everyone who made it happen Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Brown-noser Kaine now says he's glad Ralph didn't resign over the blackface issue.

"Kaine had previously said Northam could no longer 'effectively' serve as governor due to the scandal."

FoxNews link

Gratuitous image repost:

God bless America.

Posts: 13520 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Brown-noser Kaine now says he's glad Ralph didn't resign over the blackface issue.

"Kaine had previously said Northam could no longer 'effectively' serve as governor due to the scandal."

FoxNews link

Gratuitous image repost:

Northam didn't resign because he probably cut a deal with black activist groups behind closed doors, they wouldn't push for his resignation, if he removed all the Confederate statues.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I can believe that.

God bless America.

Posts: 13520 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always use Tim Kaine as an example of a dishonest politician. I meet him at an event when he was running for Governor. I asked him about gun laws. He smiled, looked me in the eye, shook my hand and told me we have enough gun laws. He has since been a very anti gun politician. One reason I will never vote for a Democrat is that any body that would be affiliated with that political party has no ethics and are no better then pond scum. That may be an insult to pond scum.

Posts: 621 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, pond scum never voted for gun control. Surely comparing it to Tim Kaine is a bit harsh?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pond scum is actually beneficial to the surrounding habitat while never pretending to be something it is not.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Update! Ralph says it's not him!

Northam told the paper that the man's name is alphabetically "very close to mine."
FoxNews link

Gratuitous repost:

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
As of this note; we have about two more hours of Ralph as Gov. Have lived in NoVA for almost 34 years, I consider him the worst governor we've had in my time here (even more than Kaine).

Posts: 3227 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
The entire song may not apply, but with a one-word change the refrain does: Thank God and Greyhound Ralph's gone. Danged jerk.

Trivia: at a previous job, the finance guy would play this song over the PA when "#1 in the house" would go back to Germany. Cool

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
I have a bit of Virginia distilled John J. Bowman bourbon handy; at noon, I'm going to have a good healthy snort of it to celebrate. Vthoky, I remember sitting around with the folks watching "Hee-Haw" way back when Roy performed that song (first time I'd heard it); he had us rolling us around in laughter real good that evening. Believe I'll watch the video while sipping my bourbon. Smile

Posts: 3227 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.baconsrebellion.co...ional-establishment/

Signaling his intention to transform Virginia’s public school system, Governor-elect Glenn Youngkin announced today the appointment of outsiders to the positions of superintendent and assistant superintendent of public instruction — the top two officials in the Virginia Department of Education.

Jillian Balow, superintendent of Wyoming’s public schools, landed the top slot. Elizabeth Schultz, a senior fellow with Parents Defending Education and an outspoken foe of Critical Race Theory in Virginia schools, will be Balow’s deputy.

“Jillian and Elizabeth are going to be crucial in helping Secretary of Education Aimee Guidera restore excellence in education,” Youngkin said in making the announcement. “Under my direction, they will get to work on ensuring our schools remain safely open, ban critical race theory and political agendas from our classrooms, and rebuild our crumbling schools.”

Youngkin’s campaign rhetoric wasn’t just campaign rhetoric. He’s not recruiting retreads from the Virginia public school system. Between Balow, Schultz, and Aimee Guidera, his pick for Secretary of Education, he’s putting in charge three outsiders not beholden to the educational establishment in any way.

Glenn Youngkin will not be a “business as usual” governor. His cabinet picks are ample proof that he will not shy away from confrontation

Posts: 19605 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was watching Fox News at the Gym and they had reporters in front of the VA State Capitol, I imagine discussing the inauguration. (I didn't have my glasses on)

I am so glad that Northram is gone, but he has done a lot of damage in that short time.

My first day as a Police Officer was working the inauguration for Governor Warner.

What an insane day it was, and a horrible start to my LE career.

I will be honest, I wish I was still working for the VA Capitol Police so I could be working the inauguration. I know it is cold out, and a lot of it is just standing a post, but it is a very unique and fascinating event to work.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice to see the new Governor wasting no time in tackling what is a broken and misguided education system. Good for the people of VA.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Virginia’s new Attorney General has just fired the entire civil rights division in the AG office and announced that he will prosecute criminal cases in jurisdictions where Soros DAs decline to prosecute.

new AG is Jason Miyares

UPDATE : There is disagreement from Miyares office and Virginia senator Louise Lucas (D) about the firings.

Lucas said Miyares fired the entire civil rights division.

A spokesperson for Miyares said he made 30 personnel changes, including 17 attorneys and 13 staff members. Those attorneys include the solicitor general and deputies that served under Herring.

Helen Hardiman, an assistant attorney general who worked on housing discrimination, was one of those being let go

"This whole campaign we had to listen to @JasonMiyaresVA whining about local prosecutors choosing not to prosecute certain crimes- then he gets elected and eliminates an entire division dedicated to enforcing civil rights law," Lucas said in a tweet.

Victoria LaCivita, a spokeswoman for Miyares, said Lucas' comment was incorrect and that only two personnel changes were made out of a 12 person office.

Lucas then accused Miyares of gaslighting by "PR statements."

"...this is the people’s AG office and we all deserve full transparency on what happened today," Lucas said in a tweet.

LaCivita later tweeted that Miyares will analyze and evaluate the entire Office of the Attorney General following his inauguration, then will announce further changes.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Outstanding. Music to my ears

Posts: 107726 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Looks like there will be a bumper crop of Democrat NUTS this month.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may have to dust off my application to the Attorney General Office.

I have looked at working there in the past as an Investigator then decided I would not be a good fit.

I think I may actually have a shot this time.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I had to update the post above about firing the entire civil rights division. Claims and counterclaims are being made.

https://news.yahoo.com/virgini...yares-221131262.html

In a statement released on Saturday just hours after Miyares and Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin were sworn in, Miyares explained why he has launched an investigation into the commonwealth’s parole board as well as Loudoun County Public Schools.

"One of the reasons Virginians get so fed up with government is the lack of transparency - and that’s a big issue here," Miyares wrote. "The Virginia Parole Board broke the law when they let out murders, rapists, and cop killers early on their sentences without notifying the victims. Loudoun Country Public Schools covered up a sexual assault on school grounds for political gain, leading to an additional assault of a young girl."

In addition to the investigations, Miyares notified about 30 staff members that they will no longer be employed by the office of the attorney general. Virginia State Senator Louise Lucas tweeted that Miyares fired the "entire" civil rights division, which Miyares's office tells Fox News is not accurate.

"This is incorrect information," Miyares spokeswoman Victoria LaCivita said. "There are 12 individuals who work in the Office of Civil Rights - only two personnel changes were made."

One of the people fired was Mona Hafeez Siddiqui who was chief of the Office of Civil Rights

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Gov. Younkin delivers on his first day in office promise..

https://www.wdbj7.com/2022/01/...e-executive-actions/

Executive Orders:

Executive Order Number One delivers on his Day One promise to restore excellence in education by ending the use of divisive concepts, including Critical Race Theory, in public education.
Executive Order Number Two delivers on his Day One promise to empower Virginia parents in their children’s education and upbringing by allowing parents to make decisions on whether their child wears a mask in school.
Executive Order Number Three delivers on his Day One promise to restore integrity and confidence in the Parole Board of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Executive Order Number Four delivers on his Day One promise to investigate wrongdoing in Loudoun County.
Executive Order Number Five delivers on his Day One promise to make government work for Virginians by creating the Commonwealth Chief Transformation Officer.
Executive Order Number Six delivers on his Day One promise to declare Virginia open for business.
Executive Order Number Seven delivers on his Day One promise to combat and prevent human trafficking and provide support to survivors.
Executive Order Number Eight delivers on his Day One promise to establish a commission to combat antisemitism.
Executive Order Number Nine delivers on his Day One promise to withdraw from the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Full texts of the orders are on Youngkin's page, here.

God bless America.