Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
Alea iacta est![]() |
Someone plays this at the gym a lot. Moody Blues - Wildest Dreams I heard: In your wild island streams… when the music fades, once upon a time, in your wild island streams… Metallica Sad but True, a guy I worked with thought it was Skelator (from the He-Man comics).
| |||
|
Member![]() |
Rolling Stones , Satisfaction When I'm ridin' round the world and I'm doin' this and I'm signin' that And I'm tryin' to make some girl, who tells me Me: And I'm trying to make some girl, Pregnant. | |||
|
| King Nothing |
Is your son Weird Al?? That would explain it perfectly. Lot of good examples here that I’ve had issues with in the past that make me laugh. Thirty thieves and the Thunder Chief. A lot of weird example and probably my biggest one already mentioned here. I’ll have to see if I can think of another. ...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way... | |||
|
| Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do. |
Little Deuce coupe: I've got the pink slip Daddy. I heard: I've got the big slip daddy. (a brand of clutch) Love potion #9: The woman with the gold capped tooth The woman with the gold tatto Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking. | |||
|
A Grateful American![]() |
Yep.
The lyric is: "I've got the Pink Slip, Daddy" California issued Pink titles. "the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד | |||
|
אַרְיֵה![]() |
Bluegrass favorites: "Make me a salad on your floor" "Bowling on the sweet potato farm" הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים | |||
|
goodheart![]() |
I don't see that anyone has told of the origin of the term "mondegreen" for these mishearing. There it is:
_________________________ “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. –Daniel Webster (1782-1852)" | |||
|
| Member |
No. Limited slip differential. "Big slip, Daddy." I've heard it that way thousands of times over 60+ years.
| |||
|
Baroque Bloke![]() |
There’s no sex in your violets “In a Songfacts interview with Gavin Rossdale, he explained the meaning behind the line, "There's no sex in your violence." It comes from a line in the Jane's Addiction song "Ted, Just Admit It..." Serious about crackers. | |||
|
A Grateful American![]() |
It's pink slip. Always was, always will be. Here is the demo by the BB. (Preceding any other recording) Brian Wilson stated it was "Pink Slip" in a couple interviews over the years. "the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד | |||
|
| Ignored facts still exist |
Lucy In the Sky with Diamonds: "somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly, a girl with Colitis goes by" | |||
|
| Member |
you are all wrong, it's "baboon on the right" -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.” ― Charles M. Schulz | |||
|
| Savor the limelight |
***OLD THREAD WARNING*** I just learned this today: Beachfront Avenue not Detroit Avenue Makes so much more sense when you are rollin’ in your 5.0 with the ragtop down so your hair can blow on A1A in Miami. | |||
|
| Keeping the economy moving since 1964 |
The refrain from Eminence Front by The Who: "Livin' in a swamp, livin' in a swamp....." At least that's how drunken me at a party remembers it. ----------------------- You can't fall off the floor. | |||
|
Member![]() |
Man, I always heard Detroit Avenue, too. Thanks for the clarification! Politicians seem to have forgotten that they work for us, not the other way around. — — — — — — — — — — — — God bless America. | |||
|
| Member |
A day after we went to a Staind concert, my (then) 5YO was jamming to 'Butt shuffle' (Bluey TV show) instead of Mudshovel. | |||
|
Puddle Pirate![]() |
"The girlies go crazy for a shot glass man." ZZ Top _____________________________________ “You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.” -Al Capone "Happiness is red and free." | |||
|
| Master of one hand pistol shooting |
Carol King on Tapestry "you make me feel" Comes across as "you make me sick" when your hearing is shot like mine SIGnature NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 2 3 4 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

