SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mattress suggestions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mattress suggestions Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I bought a Helix mattress in 2019 and it is hands down the best bed I’ve slept on. It has a cushy top but is on the firm side overall. They have other models of course if you want something softer.

Posts: 2198 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've stuck with latex foam mattresses for over a decade and I'm a huge fan.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is just in time,been shopping for a new one too.

For those who like latex, who do you have? Last time they were all well out of price range. I've never enjoyed Tempurpedic, but have liked the limited experiences with latex.

Posts: 797 | Location: NH | Registered: July 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Local latex seller/store brand; made in OR iirc.

Englander is a well known national brand.

It’s the best bed/sleeping material I’ve slept on yet. The only downside is that it’s very heavy.

No bueno if you have a latex allergy of course.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
After looking at Tempurpedic, Saatva and Casper…. The wife and I bought a Ghostbed. We love it.

I used to wake up with “hip pointer” pain as if I’d played a game of rugby overnight. Not any more.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
My parents own a sleep number bed and I have to use thier old one when I come to visit. I hate it. there is no number that is comfortable. I swear it changes over night.

I have a hybrid from denver mattress and I love it

Posts: 7806 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
How is the purple mattress for motion isolation? Besides pain I awake when partner moves around.

Excellent in my opinion. No squeaky coil springs and I don’t notice any transfer of motion.

Posts: 1104 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post