SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prominent Leftist and Liberals denounce July 4th, burn country to the ground.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prominent Leftist and Liberals denounce July 4th, burn country to the ground. Login/Join 
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

That message will be made soundly in November. I can't for the beatdown that's coming.

Jim

I wouldn’t be counting those chickens just yet.[/QUOTE]

I fear the voter fraud shown in Nov 2020 was just a practice run. They saw what worked and what didn't and have been fine tuning it.
Nov 2022 might turn out much worse then 2020!

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4125 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arizona Democrats Slammed For Promoting Vulgar, Anti-American ‘F**k The Fourth’ Event

The Democrat leaders made a mockery of anyone supporting the federal holiday.

https://nationalfile.com/arizo...fk-the-fourth-event/

The Pima County Democratic Party account posted a graphic that advertised a pro-abortion protest called “F**k The 4th.”

“F*ck the Fourth. See you at Reid Park,” the Pima County Democratic Party tweeted out to its supporters.

Arizonians were encouraged to not enjoy the federal holiday, but rather go to a public park to protest with “comfortable shoes, water, lawn chairs, posters, and your anger.”

The tweet was eventually deleted but the screenshots have gone viral across social media. Turning Point USA’s Tyler Bowyer accused modern-day Democrats of hating America.

“Pima Democrat Party Bio: ‘Promoting Democrat Values…’ Pima Democrat Party: ‘F*** the 4th of July.’ I don’t care who you vote for— just don’t vote for Democrats today. They hate America. They just deleted the tweet,” Bowyer posted on Twitter.

More at link

Posts: 12546 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Turning Point USA’s Tyler Bowyer accused modern-day Democrats of hating America.

Modern-day 'Leftist' Democrats DO Hate America, and they HATE Americans too!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8756 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Trigger alert: The New York Times:

Justice Dept. Braces for Summer of Violent Crime

Glenn Thrush

The scene near the intersection of South St. and South 3rd Street after a shooting in Philadelphia, Pa. on June 4, 2022, where three people died. (Dakota Santiago/The New York Times)
The scene near the intersection of South St. and South 3rd Street after a shooting in Philadelphia, Pa. on June 4, 2022, where three people died. (Dakota Santiago/The New York Times)

PHILADELPHIA — The motorcade carrying Lisa Monaco, the No. 2 law enforcement official in the United States, maneuvered between potholes and people on Kensington Avenue when her driver braked for a man wandering into traffic with a hypodermic needle dangling from his arm.

It was late June, and Monaco was in the city to address a particularly savage surge in drug abuse and violent crime here, shuttling to meetings with federal prosecutors, state and local police officials, and community members aimed at combating an annual spike in summer violence ushered in by the Fourth of July weekend.

“People are living in an environment they shouldn’t have to endure,” she said a few days later, recalling the drive from downtown to meet with beat cops in Northeast Philadelphia. “You actually have to step over needles to take your kid to the bus stop.”
- ADVERTISEMENT -

The encounter was an unsettling reminder of the daunting challenges the Justice Department faces in the coming months.

If Washington is focused on the criminal investigation into the efforts to keep President Donald Trump in office after his 2020 election loss, the department’s top leaders are equally concerned with the stubborn, post-pandemic rise in violent crime, and a growing sense that lawlessness is overtaking daily life in many big cities. Republicans have highlighted the issue, along with inflation, before the 2022 midterm elections, but Democrats, like Mayor Eric Adams of New York, are also embracing a law-and-order approach as their constituents demand action.

The timing of Monaco’s trip, with the heat setting in over the city, was noteworthy. The onset of warm weather typically signals an onslaught of violence in many parts of the country, with holidays like Memorial Day and the Fourth of July proving deadly in recent years.

Last year, at least 233 people were killed and 618 others were injured in about 500 shootings over the Fourth of July weekend, according to the Gun Violence Archive, an academic consortium that compiles law enforcement data. That was an improvement from 2020, when 314 people were killed and 751 more were injured.

Mass shootings like those in Buffalo, New York, and Uvalde, Texas, pop up with little public warning. But the seasonal rise in violence in cities is more predictable, and local departments spend months girding for the surge, experimenting with different approaches to limit the carnage.

In Chicago, Mayor Lori Lightfoot is deploying additional patrols on the city’s West and South sides. In Milwaukee, police officials are using new acoustic technology to pinpoint gunshots to identify six areas to concentrate on over the holiday weekend. The police in Philadelphia — the site of a recent 70-bullet shootout that one resident likened to a scene from the Wild West — are working on similar plans.

Yet the federal government, for all its vast investigative powers, plays a supporting role when it comes to fighting street crime. The Justice Department prosecutes major drug and weapons trafficking cases, provides technical support on gun tracing and the analysis of other evidence, and distributes billions of dollars in grants to supplement the budgets of local departments that are mainly paid for by area taxpayers.

Over the past year, Attorney General Merrick Garland has announced a series of steps intended to bolster efforts to counter rising crime rates. It comes at a time when the administration as a whole is anxious about the dire political implications of the perception that it is letting the situation spiral out of control.

They include the creation of five “strike forces” that work with local law enforcement to disrupt firearms trafficking; a Drug Enforcement Administration initiative to combat drug-related violent crime and deal with overdose deaths in 34 cities, including Philadelphia, Chicago, Detroit and Memphis, Tennessee; a $139 million initiative to hire 1,000 officers at understaffed local departments; and a rule that effectively bans the production and sale of homemade “ghost guns,” which are fueling gun violence on the West Coast.

In December, Congress provided $1.6 billion in additional funding for departments and community groups to address violent crime and community justice. The associate attorney general, Vanita Gupta, who has tried to balance support of local law enforcement with the administration’s social justice agenda, oversees some of those initiatives.

There has also been an uptick in prosecutions. Over the past few weeks, the department has brought a series of major gun cases, including an indictment against an illegal weapons dealer in Texas who sold 75 guns that were subsequently connected to homicides, drug deals and other crimes.

But the biggest recent boost, from the department’s perspective, might be among the least flashy: the confirmations of U.S. attorneys whose nominations had previously been blocked by Republicans in the Senate, providing front-line federal prosecutors with more stability in aggressively pursuing cases. One of them is Jacqueline C. Romero, the new head of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, which includes Philadelphia, who took over the office shortly before Monaco’s visit.

Monaco was also there to hear from the police directly. During a short visit to a mini-precinct in the Kensington area, several officers just out of the academy told her that, despite the challenges, their presence seemed to make a major difference even in hard-hit neighborhoods.

On Wednesday, after returning to Washington, Monaco began a meeting of all 93 U.S. attorneys — including 16 new ones in attendance for orientation — by stressing the need to coordinate with local law enforcement officials on the anticipated crime wave, according to a participant on the call.

Yet if her trip to Philadelphia proved anything, it is that the department’s influence, while significant, is limited.

Moments before Monaco and Romero convened a law enforcement round table that included the police commissioner, Danielle Outlaw, at the U.S. attorney’s office next to Independence Hall, the Supreme Court loosened restrictions on carrying firearms in public.

Later, Monaco met with parents whose children had been killed by guns. One by one, they shared heart-wrenching stories, and one by one, they asked her to take actions that were far beyond her power to address — like instituting stringent national gun control measures, including a ban on semi-automatic weapons rejected by Congress.

“I’m begging you people in Washington to do something,” pleaded one father who had lost two sons and a brother to gun violence, according to a person who attended the closed-door session.

Another attendee, Cherie Q. Ryans, 72, a retired schoolteacher whose 18-year-old son was killed in 1990, said she was pleased to see Monaco and Outlaw and did not doubt their commitment to helping. But Ryans, an anti-violence activist, has seen well-intentioned officials fail in the past.

“The chief and the lady from Washington might be very good, but we are in an environment where it doesn’t matter what experience they have, or what they plan to have,” she said.

“Summer is coming,” she said. “I’m feeling that thing, that anxiety, about the summer. I’m afraid for myself, but now I’m mostly afraid for my grandchildren.”

https://news.yahoo.com/justice...olent-115309508.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23919 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
Upon being elected, the senile old fool was shoved so violently to the left that he's still dealing with the effects of the concussion.

Upon being elected?

Apparently I have a much different memory of those events.

Posts: 7227 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
AOC is one of the biggest fund raisers on the left. How does she do it. By being radical. More and more on the left are using this model for fund raising and obtaining votes to put them over the top. That's where the energy on the left is right now. Until the votes that will put a candidate over the top comes back to the middle this is going to continue.

Posts: 7497 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Justice Dept. Braces for Summer of Violent Crime

Only if by "bracing" you mean leaning back in a chair with a cup of coffee in one hand, a cigarette in the other, and their feet up on the desk.

The Justice Department will do very close to nothing about this summer's (or any other) violent crime.

Posts: 19974 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Didn't we just go through a "winter of death" for the unvaccinated?
Now it's a summer of violence.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 4121 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Turning Point USA’s Tyler Bowyer accused modern-day Democrats of hating America.

Modern-day 'Leftist' Democrats DO Hate America, and they HATE Americans too!

I don’t think the moderate left or just left of center do. It’s the got damn “Progessive” left that is the massive issue. AOC is the Queen of them and they are all lunatics.

You don’t like America, GTFO out then and go move to a third world shit hole and see how you like it. These people are such idiots with no knowledge of the world. Go the Muslim world and live there and see how you like it. Within a week they’ll come back here kissing the ground. Tired of these people.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12556 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I agree with your moderate left observation. I disagree with classifying the far left as lunatics. They know exactly what they're doing. They have a better ground game, and a 100 year plan. They're not above breaking the law, and throwing anyone to the right of their position in jail for any violation. Don't underestimate these people.

Posts: 7497 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I agree with your moderate left observation. I disagree with classifying the far left as lunatics. They know exactly what they're doing. They have a better ground game, and a 100 year plan. They're not above breaking the law, and throwing anyone on the right in jail for any violation. Don't underestimate these people.

And AOC is nothing more than a useful idiot. She's not pulling the strings, she is the string.

Posts: 19974 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
And, if she ran for President today 60 million people will vote for her. The right hasn't won a presidential popular vote since 2004, and the time before that was 1988. That's a huge problem. How about we put just a much energy to clean up our own house as we do complaining about the left.

posted Hide Post
Sounds like a Tweet sent by the British in 1812!

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
And, if she ran for President today 60 million people will vote for her. The right hasn't won a presidential popular vote since 2004, and the time before that was 1988. That's a huge problem. How about we put just a much energy to clean up our own house as we do complaining about the left.

I don't give a shit who won the popular vote. And neither did the founders.

That's the beauty of the system.

The "popular vote" will lead to tyranny. They new this and designed a system against it.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wasabibill:
Sounds like a Tweet sent by the British in 1812!

My first thought, actually second...

Fuck the King - that was my first.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4609 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
The ideological naval gazing that goes on here is part of a very large problem. Our candidates and party needs to improve. You need to make them work for your vote. You need to tell them you've been promising smaller government for 100 years. When are you planning on getting around to that? You've been promising less regulation. How many thousands of pages is the federal registry? What's your plan? We want a balanced budget for the health and security of this nation. When are you planning to get around to that? You as voters need to start demanding action not just okay we're in the majority its time to expand government our way. See to it our guys get the money. Now many things that need to be done are going to be unpopular. That's why we need a majority. A big majority. And, that requires a strategy and greatly improved message. Not just same old same old. The left is going to do what they do. They can't help it. You want change? It has to be done on our side. Then maybe we can move the ball without a freaking court. When that is finished then we can worry about the left.

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
The ideological naval gazing that goes on here is part of a very large problem. Our candidates and party needs to improve. You need to make them work for your vote. You need to tell them you've been promising smaller government for 100 years. When are you planning on getting around to that? You've been promising less regulation. How many thousands of pages is the federal registry? What's your plan? We want a balanced budget for the health and security of this nation. When are you planning to get around to that? You as voters need to start demanding action not just okay we're in the majority its time to expand government our way. See to it our guys get the money. Now many things that need to be done are going to be unpopular. That's why we need a majority. A big majority. And, that requires a strategy and greatly improved message. Not just same old same old. The left is going to do what they do. They can't help it. You want change? It has to be done on our side. Then maybe we can move the ball without a freaking court. When that is finished then we can worry about the left.

This is great, but I’m not thoroughly convinced the fix isn’t in. 2020 was the test learned from mistakes, I’m not the only one who has no faith in our election departments across the country.

Posts: 2762 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
Didn't we just go through a "winter of death" for the unvaccinated?
Now it's a summer of violence.

Roll Eyes

With the left being seemingly culturally ascendant what else would a rational person expect of their stewardship?

Posts: 3122 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:

This is great, but I’m not thoroughly convinced the fix isn’t in. 2020 was the test learned from mistakes, I’m not the only one who has no faith in our election departments across the country.

And, this is exactly the wrong message. This depresses votes. Georgia has two Democrat senators just because of this message. Learn to play past, above, and beyond this game.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:

And, this is exactly the wrong message. This depresses votes. Georgia has two Democrat senators just because of this message. Learn to play past, above, and beyond this game.

The left lives rent free in the OPs head. If you look at his posting history, none of his posts are about guns. The closest he comes to posting about guns is to tell us how the left is coming after ours. It’s all about what the left is up to. I think he has to be miserable to exist.

Take what he says with a grain of salt.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post