SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Left-Leaning Fast Food Fans Lose Appetite After In-N-Out Burger Donates To California Republicans
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left-Leaning Fast Food Fans Lose Appetite After In-N-Out Burger Donates To California Republicans Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sidss1:
.......get myself a Chick-Fil-A meal!!!!! Thank you so much.

Prepare yourself. It may be life changing.

P229

Posts: 3952 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I am heading down to Utah next week, the In and Outs always have a line of cars at the drive up. I will get me a couple of their burgers and fries.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I had my favorite wife stop by on her way home at I and O for burgers for dinner.

Full disclosure, I’m more a Whataburger fan, never much cared for I and O.

I’m not saying I wish they had given the money to the Democrats, but I won’t be doing this again.

At least when you stop at Chic-fil-A after they do something noteworthy, you get good food.

The double-double with fries was not very good.

The first I & O I tried was in Las Vegas. I was very unimpressed. Three years later, my sons and I were in Southern California and we gave it another try. It was a completely different experience and we all became hooked. I am wondering if the SC stores are company-owned and the Nevada(and maybe Texas?) stores are franchised and not as well-run?

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
I had my favorite wife stop by on her way home at I and O for burgers for dinner.

Full disclosure, I’m more a Whataburger fan, never much cared for I and O.

I’m not saying I wish they had given the money to the Democrats, but I won’t be doing this again.

At least when you stop at Chic-fil-A after they do something noteworthy, you get good food.

The double-double with fries was not very good.

The first I & O I tried was in Las Vegas. I was very unimpressed. Three years later, my sons and I were in Southern California and we gave it another try. It was a completely different experience and we all became hooked. I am wondering if the SC stores are company-owned and the Nevada(and maybe Texas?) stores are franchised and not as well-run?

No. The entire company is owned now entirely by a granddaughter of the founders.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I love the Double Double Animal Style. Big fan, for many years.

I don't get it often, maybe once a year, but I love it.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is most unfortunate that living here in Ann Arbor, Michigan, I just do not have acess to an In-N-Out Burger store or a Chick-Fil-A store anywhere near our f***ing God-forsaken city. There are plenty of leftist, Trump-hating hipster coffeeshops, with hipster, lumberjack wanna-be, trans-gendered baristas who work as male prostitutes for their second job, though!!!!Smile

LOL !

There is so much truth in this post ! ! ! Big Grin

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trapper- thank you very much about the info about the Chick-Fil-A store in Ypsilanti. In fact, I have to go to Ypsilanti tomorrow morninf, and I will definitely go by Cross Street and get myself a Chick-Fil-A meal!!!!! Thank you so much.

Yes, thank you very, very much for that ray of sunshine, Trapper !

Might have to be the locale for a future SF get-together Smile

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

No. The entire company is owned now entirely by a granddaughter of the founders.

There is a definite quality control problem, at least in Las Vegas.

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
California Democrats Boycott Of In-N-Out Backfires Spectacularly

A call from the head of the California Democratic Party to boycott In-N-Out Burger over its $25,000 donation to the GOP, appears to have backfired rather spectacularly according to the Los Angeles Times. Take Anthony Grigore, a true-blue Democrat. But as he waited Thursday at an In-N-Out Burger in El Segundo for his meal, Grigore made it clear party loyalty would only go so far.

Just hours earlier, the head of the California Democratic Party called for a boycott of the famed burger chain after a public filing revealed that the company had recently donated $25,000 to the state’s Republican Party.

"Eating at In-N-Out is such a standard thing to do across California," Grigore told the LA Times dismissing the boycott idea as a bit silly.

On Wednesday, Journalist Gabe Schneider tweeted a filing from the burger joint showing the $25,000 donation (while failing to note the $80,000 In-N-Out has donated to a liberal PAC over two years).

Hours after Schneider's tweet, California Democratic Party chairman Eric Bauman kneejerked into action and called for a boycott, tweeting; "Et tu In-N-Out? Tens of thousands of dollars donated to the California Republican Party... it’s time to #BoycottInNOut - let Trump and his cronies support these creeps... perhaps animal style!" along with a link to a local paper.

At this point, Bauman went too far for some California Democrats who distanced themselves from the political dust-up between their social justice warrior leadership and the California eatery owned by an evangelical Christian family with a history of support for GOP candidates.

By the end of the day, Democrats were distancing themselves from the idea and Republicans were enjoying a political feast, with many making big lunch orders to show their support for the chain and posting photos on social media. Some were even feeding their dogs:

“We have all of our children eating In-N-Out burgers. Even my son’s German shepherd eats In-N-Out,” said state Sen. Jim Nielsen, R-Gerber, whose staff ordered 25 burgers and 50 bags of fries for lunch.

Political experts said they aren’t surprised that In-N-Out has proved hard to demonize, especially if the company’s sin was simply donating to the Republican Party.

“The stomach overrules the mind,” Jaime Regalado, emeritus professor of political science at California State University, Los Angeles. “A cheap, good-tasting burger is hard to dismiss politically.” -LA Times

Shortly after the story went viral, In-N-Out issued a statement from Executive Vice President Arnie Wensinger noting that the company had "made equal contributions to both Democratic and Republican" PAC's in 2018.

"For years, In-N-Out Burger has supported lawmakers who, regardless of political affiliation, promote policies that strengthen California and allow us to continue operating with the values of providing strong pay and great benefits for our associates," Wensinger said.

The boycott quickly turned into a free publicity stunt for republicans: GOP gubernatorial candidate John Cox posted a photo of himself in front an In-N-Out on Thursday on Twitter and declared, “There’s nothing more Californian than In-N-Out Burger.”

After Bauman's tweet went viral and made national news, Bauman referred questions to the party's communications director, John Vigna, who responded that the Bauman's tweet was "just his personal view," and that the official California Democratic Party was not involved.

“We’re not happy that In-N-Out gave the money, but we’re not calling for an official boycott,” Vigna said. “Democrats are very fired up. Chair (Bauman) is definitely giving voice to a feeling a lot of people have right now.”

Amusingly, boycotts of companies that give money to the opposition would take political partisanship to a whole new level. The SF Chronicle looked at 2018 donations to the two main California parties, to shows just what dueling, tit-for-tat boycotts could mean for businesses.

Democrats, for example, would have to avoid not only In-N-Out, but also Facebook, Target, Microsoft, Anheuser-Busch, McDonald’s and virtually every oil company. They’re just some of the many groups that have given money to the state Republican Party this year.

For Republicans, boycotting Democratic supporters would mean never using Uber, not drinking Gallo wine or Pepsi, dropping T-Mobile cellular service, refusing to have garbage hauled by Recology or to go to a Paramount Pictures movie.

Ultra-partisan fighting over who gives what to whom is something neither party wants to contemplate. If companies are forced to choose between a boycott by their customers or making political contributions, it would suddenly become much tougher for Democrats and Republicans to raise money to run their campaigns.

For Democratic Party officials, the answer was to laugh off Bauman’s hasty tweet and hope the kerfuffle goes away.

“Chair Bauman’s personal tweet reflects his belief that he shouldn’t support companies that support the Trump agenda, and that Jeff’s Gourmet Kosher Sausage Factory on West Pico Boulevard is the best All-American treat in California,” the party said.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“A California-based fast food company is being offered the opportunity to set up shop in Alabama after a California Democrat called for a boycott over the company's donations to state Republicans.

The iconic chain came in for criticism after a Los Angeles Magazine revealed it appeared to have donated $25,000 to the California GOP on August 28.

Following the news threats of a boycott followed with many native Californians outraged with the state's Democratic Party chairman Eric Bauman tweeting a message late Wednesday.

But in response, Alabama State Senator Phil Williams invited In-N-Out to move into his less hamburger hostile, red state.

'Hey #InNOutBurger c'mon to Alabama! We love burgers, and we love #Republicans! #alpolitics,' Williams tweeted Thursday evening…”

https://dailym.ai/2MFcgHj

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9477 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking a business opportunities for liberal friendly restaurants.

McDon'taskdon'ttell
Vegan-Fil-A
Kentucky Free Range Chicken
Whattagender
It Takes a Village Inn
In-N-Out of the Closet

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11889 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
looks like it's working. Big Grin

Posts: 5678 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
So, a bunch of LGBTQXYZ, vegan/vegetarian, PETA folks (liberals) are boycotting In-N-Out you say?

Seems like a lot of them wouldn't go in there anyway and In-N-Out customers are better off without them.

Now give me a Double Double Animal Style please Smile

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38251 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
It was announce, during this morning's news, the head of the CA democratic party claim it was just a "late night post meant as a joke."

Riiiiight.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
It was announce, during this morning's news, the head of the CA democratic party claim it was just a "late night post meant as a joke."

Riiiiight.

He was refering to the party platform.