posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Did you setup your Mask Face ID Roll Eyes

Unfortunately, this feature only works with iPhone 12 and newer.

I didn't take that option. Back when wearing one was required here and the cases were up, mine seemed to work OK most of the time without that. Lighting seems to be more important, not enough and it struggles even without masks.

Early on in this madness, it took me a while, but I figured out that unhooking the mask from one ear long enough to authenticate Face ID wasn't going to get me infected.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
At a certain point, incompetence, especially from a company which gained market share by not being incompetent, starts looking like malice…

Posts: 5738 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Well, iOS 15.4.1 update was released today.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^Well, what do you know? 15.4.1 addresses the issue with excessive battery drain after updating to 15.4. Mac Rumors

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16354 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
^Well, what do you know? 15.4.1 addresses the issue with excessive battery drain after updating to 15.4. Mac Rumors

Never noticed any unusual battery drain, but I've updated our phones anyway.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up, whoever provided it.
I'm now up to date.

Posts: 9513 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Alright, iPhoners

iOS 15.5 has been released today. Update at your own risk.

https://9to5mac.com/2022/05/16...sh-and-podcasts-app/

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
iOS 15.5 has been released today. Update at your own risk.

I just got an iPhone 13Pro last week. The Face ID with a mask does not work for shit, at least for me. When you set up Face ID, it gives the option to set up the mask one, and clearly says do not wear a mask when you do this. I tried that, no go. Maybe 15.5 will have it fixed.

I still just unhook my mask from one ear for the few seconds it takes to authenticate the purchase.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Is wearing a mask even still a thing in AZ?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

I'm not sure of the official status. Most people don't wear one. Even though I've had Moderna x4, I still wear one in stores with lots of people. The omicron variant seems to be spitting out all sorts of sub-variants with different degrees of infect ability.

When in doubt, mumble

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

In my neck of the woods, maybe 1 or 2% or the population wears one.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Updated on the 16th. No problems whatsoever.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Updated, no problems.

Posts: 1452 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Updated my iPhone7+, my wife's phone, along with her iPad, no problems.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I "upgraded" my work phone a few days ago without even thinking about it, a mistake. Now my phone calls have that awful quality to them. I don't know how to describe it, but there used to be a setting on the phone that allowed some other type call(?) and with that on it sounded this way.So I kept it off. I hate talking on this thing now. It sounds like the audio on Facetime (which I don't use), hollow not right digitally off sound, rather than like um... a phone call. You know, how a phone sounded my whole life. lol

Another quirk that I don't know if it's new, but I sure never noticed before. If I'm on Youtube and start watching a video, if I tilt the phone it, it stops and goes full screen. *who asked you to?) But worse, if I turn it back, it goes back to the original view, but the video starts from the beginning. WTF?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cas,

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post