Find
Notify
Tools

iOS 15.4 Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Who take 'tech advice' from Forbes anyway...

No one's forcing you to take advice from anyone. Just scroll on by and enjoy life your way.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
No, I am not disabling my ad blocker to read an article on Forbes.

You don't have to disable anything. The gist of the article is what I posted above.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Update done. Again. No problems so far.
Hey, Apple? If you are going to push an update every week or so, how about speeding things up a bit. Seems to take forever to install.

I had 2 iPhone XRs sitting side by side updating.

One took twice as long as the other one.

Go figure.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Update done. Again. No problems so far.
Hey, Apple? If you are going to push an update every week or so, how about speeding things up a bit. Seems to take forever to install.

That was a complete replacement of the OS from what I understand. Your settings and preference remain but it's like erasing your OS and starting anew. I mine on the phone took awhile, as did the iPads.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
^^^Who takes 'tech advice' from Forbes anyway... Wink

IDK, seemed like good info, much like I got from other sources. So if you're an Apple user and don't want to update because Forbes is posting info, take a nap and let the world go by. No OS platform is immune to vulnerabilities these days. Apple is no exception but in the scheme of things they are the most careful and responsive. I know there's Apple haters, and yeah their politics are questionable at times... but really. They are trying to provide a secure platform. Disregard their warnings and solder forward if that's your thing.

I didn't say it was bad info, nor was I advising against the update. I was responding to the previous post by 'IntrepidTraveler' which was apparently critical of the Forbes website re: an Ad Blocker annoyance. My point was that there are MUCH Better sources for Tech Advice than Forbes anyway, especially for Apple iOS related info. Should anyone ignore this iOS Update, probably not, especially since it addresses some 39 security issues!

Sorry you took my post that way, as that was not my intention. I've edited my original post here to include the wink/sarcasm/wise ass emoticon in an effort to clear things up a bit... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
^^^Who takes 'tech advice' from Forbes anyway... Wink

IDK, seemed like good info, much like I got from other sources. So if you're an Apple user and don't want to update because Forbes is posting info, take a nap and let the world go by. No OS platform is immune to vulnerabilities these days. Apple is no exception but in the scheme of things they are the most careful and responsive. I know there's Apple haters, and yeah their politics are questionable at times... but really. They are trying to provide a secure platform. Disregard their warnings and solder forward if that's your thing.

I didn't say it was bad info, nor was I advising against the update. I was responding to the previous post by 'IntrepidTraveler' which was apparently critical of the Forbes website re: an Ad Blocker annoyance. My point was that there are MUCH Better sources for Tech Advice than Forbes anyway, especially for Apple iOS related info. Should anyone ignore this iOS Update, probably not, especially since it addresses some 39 security issues!

Sorry you took my post that way, as that was not my intention. I've edited my original post here to include the wink/sarcasm/wise ass emoticon in an effort to clear things up a bit... Wink

Okay, cool. I posted to give my forum family some info they might not know that was what I think critical for Apple product users. I've got no love, or hate for Forbes, it was the first comprehensive synopsis I saw and so I passed it on. Of course anyone reading that can google, and find other sources but I seriously doubt any credible sources would strongly disagree with the assessment. I question more the source that says battery life is broken as many people say that's not the case in their experience. We'll see on that.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've no issues, slowness or battery effect on the two iPhones upgraded.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The install on my iPad and phone went fine and I’ve been using it a little with no problems. I’ll let you know if that changes.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Did you setup your Mask Face ID Roll Eyes

Unfortunately, this feature only works with iPhone 12 and newer.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ very true, gotta be at least a 12

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
I did the update on 2 iPhone 12 Pro Max and an iPod. Everything is great, and no increased battery usage.

IMO, the best source for anything Apple is Aaron Zollo. www.youtube.com/channel/UCiQMYozSSTkJ2twtZM1bG9w

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Did you setup your Mask Face ID Roll Eyes

Unfortunately, this feature only works with iPhone 12 and newer.

I didn't take that option. Back when wearing one was required here and the cases were up, mine seemed to work OK most of the time without that. Lighting seems to be more important, not enough and it struggles even without masks.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I’m just thankful that the world is now safe for everyone because there’s a gender neutral Siri voice. Because voice tone is violence.

I haven’t installed it because of the reports of battery drain. Anyone have any trouble with the update? I’m on iPhone 11 and there’s an iPhone 7 and iPhone 8+ in the household.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I’m just thankful that the world is now safe for everyone because there’s a gender neutral Siri voice. Because voice tone is violence.

I haven’t installed it because of the reports of battery drain. Anyone have any trouble with the update? I’m on iPhone 11 and there’s an iPhone 7 and iPhone 8+ in the household.

Both my 12 Pros are updated with no problems noted.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I would not be in a real rush to upgrade to this one right now:

iPhone users say Apple's new iOS 15.4 update is RUINING their battery life - with reports of charge draining within a few hours

The article also says it might be normal...

"Adrian Kingsley-Hughes, a researcher at ZDNet, explained: 'Installing a new OS on an iPhone triggers a lot of stuff to go on in the background, from indexing to recalibrating the battery, and this can go on for hours or even days.

'Not only does this consume power, but the battery recalibration can give the impression that the battery is draining more rapidly when in fact it isn't."

Maybe that's why they recommend you keep the phone on a charger during the update. Razz

Posts: 23385 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I showed a sizable increase of battery usage during the update which was expected and now I am showing a slight uptick in battery usage for the same amount of normal activity overall.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2085 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
I showed a sizable increase of battery usage during the update which was expected and now I am showing a slight uptick in battery usage for the same amount of normal activity overall.

I'm using less battery than I was before the upgrade. Just noticed that this morning and was kind of surprised.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only thing I’ve noticed after my 6s upgraded are more ads showing up when using Safari than I recall seeing previously.

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
I updated to 15.4 on a SE2 last week and no issues. If anyone is having battery issues one IOS setting that noticeably improves battery life is turning off Push for all mail accounts. Setting email to Fetch at 1 hour or 30 minute intervals makes a big difference, especially on iPhones with smaller batteries like the SE2 or those with batteries that are aging out.

Since the tards at Apple felt it necessary to include a (Barf me out... gag me with a spoon!) pregnant man emoji I went a step further and uninstalled the emoji keyboard. That should ensure that abhorrent, heinous image never chars my retinas.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
These guys are pretty good...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post