SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone deal with Morton's neuroma?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone deal with Morton's neuroma? Login/Join 
posted
It's getting worse. Mornings and early afternoon, not too bad,
but if I'm on my feet a lot by late afternoon I can barely walk.
Did two rounds of shots a couple years ago, not effective.
Has anyone had the surgery and how effective was it for you?

Posts: 957 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
There are different levels of severity with that.

I was diagnosed with it about ten years ago, maybe longer. My podiatrist gave me two shots (between the toes) over a period of a couple of months and then it just disappeared and never returned.

If surgery is needed in your case I would not be too concerned. It's a well established procedure. Pick a surgeon that has been around for a while and knows what he/she is doing.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5046 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently,
First time, went to the podiatrist, steroid injection, all perfect for four years.

2nd time,
Used home remedies I found on you tube,
All was great for three 1/2 years.

3 rd time
Going in this coming Monday in hopes of getting another steroid shot.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54665 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Do you have diabetes?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17462 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Do you have diabetes?

NO. I have it in both feet. I'm sure I'll end up doing the surgery.
One foot at a time. Don't look forward to wearing a boot for 3-4 weeks for each foot.

Posts: 957 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
I was diagnosed with a Morton's neuroma, but it turned out to be caused by the shoes I had been wearing.

Later, I developed pain in my feet due to the tendons that connect to the metatarsals. Pain to the point that I did not want to walk at all. By happy coincidence, one day I was taking a yoga class that focused on deep stretching. Using their toe stretch exercise, while it hurt at the time, cured my aching feet. It took several days of stretching to finally work it out, but it was a miraculous cure. Periodically, when my feet start to get tight, I drag out the yoga gear and stretch again.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4878 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dr Dan. I'll talk to my Podiatrist about stretching, and maybe get one more round of shots.

posted Hide Post
Yes, I was diagnosed with it. I used toe spacers for a few minutes a day and it really helped.

Example: https://www.amazon.com/Separat...id=1698433667&sr=8-5

Posts: 102 | Registered: July 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...220089794#8220089794

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

My apologies. Forgot about that.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You ever get your A1C checked?

Posts: 17169 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
You ever get your A1C checked?

Had a lot of blood tests done recently,
been told I do not have diabetes.

Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
Had it long time ago. Had a series of shots in between the toes, and that hurts!!!

Doc made a pad to put under my toes/foot. I then later made my own. Over time it went away!

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14013 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigJoe:
Had it long time ago. Had a series of shots in between the toes, and that hurts!!!

Doc made a pad to put under my toes/foot. I then later made my own. Over time it went away!

Interesting. When I had those two shots done, the doc literally froze my toes. I think he used liquid nitrogen. I swear, I never felt the needle at all.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5046 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post