SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Morton's Neuroma
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Morton's Neuroma Login/Join 
posted
All of my toes are numb. Been to the foot doctor twice and got shots between all
my toes, didn't do any good. Now they are starting to be painful. I really don't
want to have surgery yet, Anyone else been through this and how do you deal with it?

Posts: 994 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased a hard rubber ball and rolled it around the floor with the bottom of my foot and did
Exercises with a two by four

And also worked with a rubber band.
Check out you tube vids
Mine
Went away in 2 weeks

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54725 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
I purchased a hard rubber ball and rolled it around the floor with the bottom of my foot
I periodically suffer from plantar fascitis which is a different part of the foot, but this worked for me so worth a try. Freeze bottled water (e.g. Aquafina) and roll your foot on it. Not only does the rolling stretch things out, but the ice reduces inflammation. Worked better than any of the balls or rollers I had purchased for PF.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23348 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Are you certain of the diagnosis? It’s not neuropathy?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Are you certain of the diagnosis? It’s not neuropathy?

Been to the foot doctor twice. I assume she knows what she's doing.
It's just annoying having all your toes numb. It sometimes affects my
balance. I'll live with it until it gets worse.

Posts: 994 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
You should have your serum A1c checked.

Do you know what it is currently?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
You should have your serum A1c checked.

Do you know what it is currently?

I have no idea what A1c is. Been retired for a little over a year.
Haven't seen a doc in a year and half. Affordable care act is not
affordable. No insurance. Three years before I can get Medicare.

posted Hide Post
The question is whether you have diabetes which is known to cause neuropathy. Besides fasting glucose Alc is the gold standard for determinining whether you have diabetes. These labs are not expensive. Better yet ask your Podiatrist if you might have diabetes. I am sure he sees a lot of it.

Posts: 17294 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
The question is whether you have diabetes which is known to cause neuropathy. Besides fasting glucose Alc is the gold standard for determinining whether you have diabetes. These labs are not expensive. Better yet ask your Podiatrist if you might have diabetes. I am sure he sees a lot of it.
For the record: ZSMICHAEL knows whereof he speaks.

Your A1c is the easiest, probably least expensive thing to check. So that's where I'd start.

I have this problem occasionally. Comes and goes. I know I'm neither diabetic nor pre-diabetic, because it's been going on for a while and I've received annual wellness checks. So it's probably a touch of neuropathy in my case.

Or it could be circulation. My extremities (hands, feet) tend to get cold. But it happens even when my feet don't feel cold, so probably neuropathy.

What is your overall health? Do you eat well? Do you keep yourself well-hydrated? Is your weight more-or-less ok? (E.g.: You're neither obese nor skin-and-bones.) Do you get regular exercise? Do you get a minimum of 7½ hours of good sleep every night?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
200,000 newly diagnosed cases of Morton’s Neuroma every year vs 1.4 million new cases of type II Diabetes per year. You live a lifestyle that often results in type II diabetes, and the Morton’s Neuroma treatments (plural) did not work. Might be time for a second opinion from a different healthcare professional.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get a physical once a year to renew my CDL. Drive a truck for 42 years and
it breaks down your body. I see my regular doc once or twice a year and they
take blood, my only problem is a little high blood pressure. one pill a day.
It just sucks having your toes numb . My oldest son was a letter carrier and
had the same. He had the surgury and it sucked , wear a boot for a month.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
I get a physical once a year to renew my CDL.

Apparently not:
quote:

Haven't seen a doc in a year and half.

It is a mystery how you are so reliable in your rejection of very well founded advice from members here, usually coupled with a raft of excuses.

Perhaps get back on that once-a-year schedule and be sure to have them run labs for the 'betes.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12458 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is a mystery how you are so reliable in your rejection of very well founded advice from members here, usually coupled with a raft of excuses.

Posts: 23609 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see my regular doc once or twice a year and they
take blood, my only problem is a little high blood pressure. one pill a day.

That’s not what you told me over the phone. The other thing you’re leaving out goes hand-in-hand with type II diabetes and neuropathy. If you had told the podiatrist everything, you may never have been told Morton’s Neruoma in the first place. I'm not a doctor, but we have far too much in common for me not to connect some rather large dots.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
“Something something… Being rigorously honest… Something something”

Wink

~Robert A. Heinlein

posted Hide Post
Yes. I developed in 2016 after working a conference dealers hall for 4 days straight and being on feet about 10-12 hours per day. Basically standing on concrete.

Got orthotics that make it manageable. Recently saw the podiatrist and she was like "oh, we could try surgery but that is like 60% likely to work and could make it worse. We could try a shot too, but since what you have is prettyy much managed, can't recommend it." So, I have this for life. All because my control freak boss loathed anyone sitting, at all, and becuase the conference had insane dealers room hours. Most are like open 8 hours tops. Not 12. Grumble...

Posts: 3539 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
A1C test cost $31

https://www.lifeextension.com/...=a1c&t=coveo4A2453FD

Get it friggen done. I’m not asking.

Posts: 45405 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post