SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia police chief who brought charges against Confederate monument defacers has been fired
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia police chief who brought charges against Confederate monument defacers has been fired Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Portsmouth is a shithole. This is not surprising at all. Their juries have been letting people off of VERY SERIOUS crimes simply because their residents hate cops and don’t trust them. That city is in my opinion 100% fuct.

My brother lives near Portsmouth. So close you can hear the faint sound of guns popping off in the distance. It’s bothersome at first but you get used to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
A new chief every 3-5 years is not a bad thing to keep the water fresh,

The average career of a Chief in a larger department is about five years.

the problem is every time a new Chief comes in, the entire department is put in an upheaval for a year or so. By the time things gets going well, it changes.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Portsmouth is a shithole. This is not surprising at all. Their juries have been letting people off of VERY SERIOUS crimes simply because their residents hate cops and don’t trust them. That city is in my opinion 100% fuct.

My brother lives near Portsmouth. So close you can hear the faint sound of guns popping off in the distance. It’s bothersome at first but you get used to it.

Richmond is beginning to rival Portsmouth.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Portsmouth is a shithole.

Hahaha I was stationed on a ship in Portsmouth....I chose to live in Newport News cause anything in Chesapeake or Portsmouth was a shithole back then (90s)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11285 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
MikeinNC, It’s only gotten worse. Newport News, Portsmouth & Chesapeake do have some nice areas but as a whole that area is going downhill fast. They are putting up tolls left and right and trying to turn it into some kind of new New Jersey. Terrible traffic made even worse by practically zero planning for the future. They will fucking build houses EVERYWHERE then wonder why traffic gets worse every year.

I used to love the 757 but that place gets worse every year. North eastern NC is vastly superior and hasn’t quite been ruined yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post