SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia police chief who brought charges against Confederate monument defacers has been fired
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia police chief who brought charges against Confederate monument defacers has been fired Login/Join 
posted
https://justthenews.com/govern...confederate-monument

The Virginia police chief who brought felony charges against a state Democratic lawmaker and others for attempting to vandalize a Confederate monument was fired Monday.

Portsmouth Police Chief Angela Greene suggested afterward that the termination was the result of her bringing the charges against state Sen. Louise Lucas and 17 others, though neither she nor her attorney spoke directly about the June 10 incident.

"I believe I was wrongfully terminated for upholding the law," she said at a City Hall press conference. "And (I’m) being retaliated against for sticking to my sworn oath that I swore to serve and protect my citizens, community and keeping my officers safe."

Portsmouth officials will not disclose the reason for Greene’s termination, under the protection of a "confidential personnel matter."

Also on Monday, a judge dismissed all charges against those charged in connection with the incident, including Lucas, NAACP leaders, several public defenders and a school board member, according to the Virginian-Pilot.

The office of Commonwealth’s Attorney Stephanie Morales stated in a court filing that police failed to show any evidence that a felony had been committed, according to The Washington Post.

The incident occurred on the afternoon of June 10, when a group of protesters spray painted the monument, ahead of a protest that night during which the heads of several soldiers on the monument were removed, including one that fell on a man, causing serious injury.

Greene brought the felony charges in August and was placed on administrative shortly thereafter. She has denied allegations that her investigation of the incident and the charges represented a conflict of interest.

"She is unfortunately the victim of political infighting," Greene’s attorney, Thomas K. Plofchan, Jr., told the newspaper. "She was a neutral employee hired to faithfully execute the laws, and when she did so, political powers-that-be bristled at that."

https://www.wavy.com/news/loca...smouth-police-chief/

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Hopefully Trump stays!

That said, once he's firmly seated, he needs to get busy with PUNISHMENT for those that selectively enforce the laws on the books.

CLEAN HOUSE!!!

Posts: 2832 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Damn Judge...Thugs getting off of breaking the laws.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
These are the kinds of things I read and heard about when I was a kid. But it wasn’t happening in America. It was happening at the same times I was learning about tiananmen square, Pablo Escobar, Saddam Hussein, and many other terrible things that have happened all over the world, but I never could have imagined happening here in our country.

I always believed we were above that. The First Amendment. Freedom of Speech. While it is still free, the information being injected to the masses comes from the media. It gives a lot of people the information they are seeking, even if it is incorrect.

I look at today’s media, and I am amazed that the majority the population cannot see that our media is no different than China and North Korea’s propaganda machines. It is truly sad that I am saying this, about the country I love.

I cannot believe that the presidency is being stolen, no different than what happens in third world countries. I am in disbelief at the state of our nation.

Sadly, while this story is appalling it certainly doesn’t surprise me.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
The office of Commonwealth’s Attorney Stephanie Morales stated in a court filing that police failed to show any evidence that a felony had been committed

Surely the incident was on TV or video. Weren't CNN. ABC, NBC, MSNBC filming all these 'peaceful protests'?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I think I remember seeing video on the local news here. WTF

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Just another example of how this state is on its way to the bottom.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Chief Green has a Gofund me page as she tries to fight the wrongful termination lawsuit.

Link

From Anderson Law Firm (one of our favorite attorneys here)
"Chief Greene has announced she intends to pursue a wrongful termination action against Portsmouth. She has hired a law firm that has successfully prosecuted a wrongful termination case for another Chief of Police wrongfully terminated in Loudoun County a few years ago.
If you believe Chief Greene was wrongfully terminated and want to stand with her, she is asking for your financial support. Please click on this gofundme to donate and share her link if you support her. "

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
We have entered an era where Democrat controlled states are operating w complete disregard for the law.

Even at the federal level: We can't trust the FBI. the DoJ. the voting process. the judges. the prosecutors

Law abiding and honest Americans are now the "resistance" to this far left tyranny.

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sdy, as usual, understands the crux of the matter and where we truly are. Dem controlled states disregard the law. They prosecute the innocent and shields the criminals.

If and when Trump perseveres, and I believe he will, hopefully he will fix the underlying problems such as rigged voting in these Dems states.

If not, I would fully expect some sort of civil war. This is just what Soros has been pushing, I used to wonder how much of his money is funding the crazy Dems. Now I believe that crooked vote counting by the Dems have been going on for years.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
We have entered an era where Democrat controlled states are operating w complete disregard for the law.

No consequences to make them stop. Mad

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is both sad as in pathetic and frustrating.

As I have stated many times, I consider Virginia my home. Even though I was born and raised in Cols OH, it seems that Virginia is more of a home even though I relocated there in the fall of 2001.

Oh how I miss thee, and the only reason we relocate was due to the other half's job with the Gubmint.

I have applied no less than three times to the Police Dept in Portsmouth to no avail. As we all no, P-town is no walk in the park or a picnic but it could be a really nice area. I had all but given up on working there, and basically said piss off until this chief was hired.

She was trying to move the Dept forward, and also help clean up the city. It is a shame that this has happened but I have no doubt it was because she went against the liberal agenda.

I just passed up a position with the Dept of the Navy in Dam Neck area due to low pay but it was a hard choice. I really want to return to VA but I have my doubts.

Something needs to be done to right this sinking ship.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
This sort of thing is nothing new. Just some insight, Portsmouth is an overwhelmingly black, overwhelmingly progressive, overwhelmingly crime-ridden area. It is also plagued with scandal after scandal. The officials in Portsmouth run the city like Monrovia, Liberia.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
We are at the point where people need to be introduced to wood chippers.

We are no longer a nation of laws so why bother pretending?

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Portsmouth has always been a fustercluck. The chief made the mistake of crossing Queen Lucas and her NAACP cronies. That's equivalent to crossing Hillary back in her heyday. I hope she wins millions but the taxpayers will be the ones that suffer.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a surprise, hopefully there's a conservative benefactor (like the large army of financial and legal resources The Leftists have amassed) who can help pick-up the legal costs and then turn-around and put civil charges against the municipality for wrongful termination and defamation.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
The first clue as to how screwed up Portsmouth is when the police captain said he’d been with the department 41 years and served under 13 chiefs. You can do the math and smell the politics.

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I can only hope she gets a few million out of them

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
The first clue as to how screwed up Portsmouth is when the police captain said he’d been with the department 41 years and served under 13 chiefs. You can do the math and smell the politics.

A new chief every 3-5 years is not a bad thing to keep the water fresh, especially if you bring in professionals from outside, but this one stinks of political retribution.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the right lawyer she can probably get a sizable sum for retaliation and wrongful termination

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post