SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How much is enough? When are we going to take back our country? Three Houston police officers shot
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much is enough? When are we going to take back our country? Three Houston police officers shot Login/Join 
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...-standoff/ar-AATdtIf

They took his ass into custody about an hour ago. Unfortunately, he's still alive.

Now, how do ya like this horse shit? From the linked article:

quote:
As of Jan. 27, four police officers have been killed by gun violence and 24 have been shot and injured according to the Gun Violence Archive, a nonprofit that tracks gun violence incidents around the country.

Turner and Finner expressed frustration with the rise in gun violence in the city and said they would be formulating a plan in the coming days.

"No more excuses. Everybody take an active role … and do whatever you can do to fight gun violence in our city," Finner said.

It's

Not

THE GUN!!!!

Assholes!!! Mad

The members of this forum are armed to the fucking teeth and we are not committing violent crimes! It's not the gun!! FFS!!

This is what we are currently dealing with in NY. Defund the police, bail reform, DA's unwilling to prosecute... What is the first thing they point a finger at? Guns. Ridiculous but sadly anticipated. I think the thing that saddens me the most on a daily basis is the realization that most people in this country are stupid. Willfully so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5910 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
‘Heck of a cop’: Officers still hospitalized, pair charged after two St. Louis cops shot

ST. LOUIS — St. Louis police Officer Colin Ledbetter remained unconscious and fighting for his life Thursday, a day after he was shot in the line of duty, his family said.

“He’s doing very well, better than expected,” Steve Ledbetter said of his 25-year-old son, who has undergone hours of emergency surgeries over the past two days. “He’s still not conscious, and there’s still a long way to go.”

Ledbetter’s heart stopped after he and another St. Louis police officer were shot Wednesday afternoon, Steve Ledbetter said. The two officers were taken to Barnes-Jewish Hospital.

The two officers were wounded while chasing a car connected to a homicide in Ferguson, police have said. At least one of three people in the fleeing car shot at officers, hitting Ledbetter in the stomach and another officer in the leg, police said.

Officers shot back, and one of the men in the car, 23-year-old Equan Hopson, of St. Louis, was hit and later died from his injuries.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/...71-1092b7e7a932.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24124 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
In this Commie-run state that I live in, I'd be fighting a two front war: Against the criminals, and against the government that supports them.

That's exactly the problem. The government is against us.

Say some private citizens arrived on scene and took this criminal out. The same DA that's in these officers district would put you away for life.

Imagine if we could "secure" the borders as citizens. I know where I would be spending my vacation every year.

Same result though, we'd be imprisoned by the government.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any bag limit Underdog? Must they be field dressed & tagged? If yes, that’s going to slow me down.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Simple reality, if it weren't for Republicans in the past this stupid bitch would still be picking cotton or cleaning the plantation owner's house.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Simple new rules for dealing with the human garbage among us...

1 - Fire on a cop with a gun = Leave the scene in a black zipper bag. No exceptions.
2 - Attack a cop = Go to the local intensive care ward via ambulance with multiple fractures.

Problem solved in 90 days.

I can remember when it actually used to be that way....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 252 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
What I truly think is lost on the government retards who promote the environment in which this BS can exist, criminals would far prefer to deal with trained police officers than pissed off citizens who've had enough and have decided 'they' will deal with criminals as 'they' see fit. Criminals have an exponentially greater chance of surviving an encounter with cops than they do pissed off citizens. If we ever do get to that point, blood will run in the streets, and it will belong to worst humans among us.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Interesting quote from the Dem congressional candidate. I wish someone had gotten her to specify who needed to be shot and for exactly what purpose.

As for Houston, there are multiple damned good reasons why Texas recently passed permitless carry (it ain't quite Constitutional carry yet). We have a similar local government problem to the one they have in Houston (Art Acevedo has worked as Chief of Police in both cities), and believe you me that point was raised - often - when the legislature was considering permitless carry.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ambulance ride to the he hospital? We pay for that, taxpayers will also be paying for this criminal the rest of his oxygen stealing life.

Seeing the old western, “Wanted Dead or alive.”

Dead criminals bring an extra $100.00 as it saves court costs.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
I believe the answer to the original question is when enough people's lives are adversely affected enough. That means family safety, income, standard of living, etc. We all live way too comfortable lives right now to risk losing it. So I suspect people will not rise up and take the country back for a very long time. Will we ever reach that point? We will see.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Suspected Houston Cop Killer Is an Illegal Alien, So Mainstream Media Is Ignoring It

The foreign invasion of our sovereign land continues to leave a body count. The latest illegal alien arrested for capital murder is accused of killing a cop. In a sane world with an honest corporate media, this would be headline news. Instead, it’s being completely ignored by the networks and mainstream media news channels.

According to the NY Post:

Oscar Rosales, 51, was arrested by Mexican authorities Wednesday in the border town of Ciudad Acuña and turned over to American officials.

Rosales is charged with capital murder for allegedly shooting Harris County Constable Charles Galloway through the windshield of his squad car during a Houston traffic stop early Sunday morning.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement confirmed to Fox News Thursday that Rosales was not a US citizen and had not been in the country legally.

Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg declined to comment on Rosales immigration status, but said the Honduran, Guatemalan and El Salvadorian governments had been notified of his capture.

Little to no mentions of the murder were made on television news channels following the arrest. A search for stories on the major news websites reveals they each posted a single, incidental story that did not receive nearly the attention it deserves. They’re burying it because it betrays the narrative being pushed by corporate media, one that tries to convince us there’s nothing to worry about with the ever-growing presence of illegal aliens mingling among us.

What’s worse is that this lifelong criminal has been wanted internationally for over two decades.

https://noqreport.com/2022/01/...edia-is-ignoring-it/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24124 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Suspected Houston Cop Killer Is an Illegal Alien...
Imagine that.

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Maybe we should RIOT ... I mean mostly peacefully protest in their Neighborhoods. Eek

Posts: 22912 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:
I believe the answer to the original question is when enough people's lives are adversely affected enough. That means family safety, income, standard of living, etc. We all live way too comfortable lives right now to risk losing it. So I suspect people will not rise up and take the country back for a very long time. Will we ever reach that point? We will see.

This. As long as people have 3 meals a day, their phones and the internet, no push back in going to happen.

People talk about "when the day comes" they will do something is pretty much hot air. The day has been here for quite awhile.

I haven't done anything, I've got too much to lose. Most people are in the same boat, they don't want to be first and be crucified.

Posts: 17 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I don't know right where the tipping point is, but there will be a reckoning. We saw he cycle in the 60's and 70's followed by a period of intense law enforcement and sentencing. The thugs have been portrayed as victims of society in the media. That is beginning to turn around. All it will take is some celebrity or CNN executive's family to be raped and murdered and they will be asking where the hell is Dirty Harry when you need him?

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
At least "Equan" - common spelling - in St Louis, will now have a zero recidivism rate. Prayers sent for the officers full recovery. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oscar Rosales, 51, was arrested by Mexican authorities Wednesday in the border town of Ciudad Acuña and turned over to American officials.

That's very interesting. I can recall in the past that Mexico has been quite uncooperative with regard to extraditing fugitives to the U.S. in capital cases.

Posts: 7315 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
https://www.clickondetroit.com...of-shooting-at-them/

So, shoot at police, get charged with multiple felonies and get a free get out of jail card.

Makes perfect sense to me.
At least albeit late some common sense was put into play here. His new bond is 250k cash or surety.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8108 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I appreciate our LEO's.
This happened a couple months ago.
A deputy got shot in leg about 20 miles outside of town. The deputy was alone and managed to get back to his car and tie off his leg.

State police and locals did catch and kill him.

https://www.krqe.com/news/crim...ooting-in-los-lunas/

Posts: 1564 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post