SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How much is enough? When are we going to take back our country? Three Houston police officers shot
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much is enough? When are we going to take back our country? Three Houston police officers shot Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Most big city chiefs are more politician than cop. Fenner appears to fall into this category.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know why they do it, but there is no. such. thing as "gun violence". There's just "violence":

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109166 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Simple new rules for dealing with the human garbage among us...

1 - Fire on a cop with a gun = Leave the scene in a black zipper bag. No exceptions.
2 - Attack a cop = Go to the local intensive care ward via ambulance with multiple fractures.

Problem solved in 90 days.

That’s still the way it is in many parts of the country.

However, I have been noticing a disturbing trend of cops who are more afraid of surviving a gunfight and the public scrutiny that comes with it over shooting it out. Two videos I saw this week alone of cops getting shot and running away.

I personally think that the whole “urban warrior” thing and the public outcry that was a result of the outcry of the left and the “militarization of the police” battle cry of the right has set back officer survival mindset for a decade in some places.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37195 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
They way to stop this shit is to start dropping these [murderers] where they stand.

Why do you think the apologists for and enablers of these scum hate Castle Doctrine, Stand Your Ground, and Right To Defend With Deadly Force laws? LE are obliged to handle even violent miscreants with kid gloves. Plain old citizens are under no such constraints.

I don't carry two handguns, but you'll very rarely catch me without one plus a spare mag, these days. That's only within the last six years.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

Truth is I’m already beyond it. I’m waiting for the go ahead moment. Don’t know what form it takes but I’ll know it when I see it. Until then I declare truth and push back where I can.

With you, brother!

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I remember a time when murdering a law enforcement officer was akin to killing the POTUS. It just wasn't done.

And now it has been normalized, part of everyday life in modern society. And of course, civilian's lives are worth even less.

Self-protection is a human, God-Given right, and our everyday proclivities should reflect that, regardless of circumstances.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

Truth is I’m already beyond it. I’m waiting for the go ahead moment. Don’t know what form it takes but I’ll know it when I see it. Until then I declare truth and push back where I can.

With you, brother!

Good to have you with me! Smile

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I wish my brother would do the same. He is a BLM supporter and anti police. We haven't spoken in two years.

quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
My brother and I got into a hell of an argument over the left’s attack on Law Enforcement Officers and the BS systematic racism argument. We stopped talking for a while over it and many other political disagreements.

Last week he admitted defunding the police and the ideas he previously defended quite vociferously have resulted in him hearing gun shots popping off EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. He won’t defend BLM anymore.

None of this was necessary. Nothing BLM has done has made life any better in this country for anyone.

Posts: 2064 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.orlandosentinel.co...-deputy01-story.html

Face to face with an armed man suspected of killing a Polk County deputy sheriff, SWAT officers riddled his body with 68 bullets.

"Altogether, nine officers fired 110 times Friday at Angilo Freeland, who Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said "executed" one of his deputies.

"That's all the bullets we had, or we would have shot him more," Judd said after autopsy results were released Saturday."

Posts: 7116 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old Testament justice! Love it! Need lots more of it.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
When I first moved to Houston in May 1990 they were calling it Gunpoint Mall.

And I remember that Summer there was a weekend where there were I think 18 homicides...and it wasnt even a record, just tied the old one.

Then Mayor Lanier cancelled some boondoggle light rail commuter project and used the money to hire a shit ton more cops. Houston was pretty safe for a while, then Katrina happend and all the riff raff / worst of the worst from New Orleans moved to Houston.

An HPD cop I know told me what one of the Houston hood rats said to him (hood rat speakin, not my HPD friend) "You gotta do something, these n-words are giveing us a bad name" - even the Houston hood rats were afraid of the NO scum.

I moved to VA for 9 years then back to Houston (Northern burbs) in 2009 and rarely went into Houston, never unarmed.

quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
I grew up in Houston. Its always had dangerous areas but the cartel crime has added a whole new element. I am about to send my oldest to college there and we will have a lot of talks about situational awareness and go/no go areas of town.

As for Greenspoint, I have called it gunpoint since the early 90’s at least. I believe it earned the nickname after several armed robberies in and around the mall about that time but it already had a reputation as gang infested from the near by Acres Homes “community”.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Old Testament justice! Love it! Need lots more of it.

Agree 110%. Shoot a cop or shoot at a cop you get dead. Period.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems like EVERY FUCKING DAY a police officer is getting shot. Sorry for the language, but if there were ever a case for such language, this is it. I'm damn sick of it. One is too many (obviously).

Posts: 263 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’m of the mind that people taking up arms and doing what must be done is exactly what the criminal powers that be want. The headline(s) would read “(insert white persons name) shot and killed 2 black teenagers (the only time their race would be mentioned) in Chicago”. They would be vilified and accused of racism and violence etc. openly on media until the narrative was gospel; whatever the facts were would be irrelevant at that point. Half the nation would BELIEVE the lie.

Now the leftists in charge step in and restart the “black guns are bad” and push for legislation “for the children” even if a handgun was used. All part of the plan. No criminals would be their target, only law abiding citizens whom they really fear.

It is folly to go about these days without whatever weapon a jurisdiction allows. America is not the place it used to be. Not only are there citizens that would do you harm for almost no reason, there are now millions of bona fide invaders that openly hate us, as well as a criminal element that has been created and honed as a weapon against us.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15834 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Interesting to see that others carry two guns as well. I'm usually carrying both a 938 and 229. I've been known to carry a rifle and 3 mags in the back seat when going to interesting places.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12943 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I can’t think of much that bothers me more than the prospect of Americans divided and fighting with ourselves. I truly believe we are not as divided or different as the chronically dishonest and utterly evil legacy media claims nearly every single day.

I am confident that those who seek to divide our nation and those who want to see us killing each other while they roll cameras and profit from the chaos will be exposed and face consequences. I may not seem like the most optimistic person but I truly believe this. I believe the escalation in rhetoric from them is an indication that they are aware of their power slipping away more and more every single day.

These people went all in to help elect one of the worst presidents in our history. If they don’t think Americans are aware of this across all ideological lines and the damage it has done to their credibility they are not being honest with themselves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I can’t think of much that bothers me more than the prospect of Americans divided and fighting with ourselves. I truly believe we are not as divided or different as the chronically dishonest and utterly evil legacy media claims nearly every single day.

I am confident that those who seek to divide our nation and those who want to see us killing each other while they roll cameras and profit from the chaos will be exposed and face consequences. I may not seem like the most optimistic person but I truly believe this. I believe the escalation in rhetoric from them is an indication that they are aware of their power slipping away more and more every single day.

They don’t have to; the media and our corrupt leftist government will spin it as if EVERYONE feels that way. Until we are ready to take up torches and pitchforks as a nation, they will continue because they don’t care what the people want. Control doesn’t work that way.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15834 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
A) Police exist to protect criminals, not society. "Sheriffs" in their traditional use/investigators* serve to protect society, but not regular police.

*Well, and traffic cops and code enforcement.

B) The JBT bit really was/is out of hand. Waco and Ruby Ridge were pretty notorious, but Atlanta's and Houston's department had major issues with integrity, responsibility, and honesty. I'm sure there are more.

The "Thin Blue Line" idea is BS. No one** thinks a lawyer is evil, if he has to pull another lawyer's ticket/report him to the ethics board. He is, more or less, supported, for taking a difficult action in defense of society.

To my knowledge, doctors and engineers are the same.

Any police with a different attitude, are a problem.

This, of course, is not what the idiot brigade is upset about. They are just a front for anarchy.

**I've done it. It sucked. Some of the family of the lawyer didn't like me very much, but no one else had an issue.

Posts: 5930 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The criminal should not have been on the streets in the first place. On Dec 28th, he got caught by a store owner robbing a place and pulled a gun on the owner. His ass should've been in jail.

However, like many big cities Houston has a George Soros funded district attorney, Kim Ogg, who releases violent felons back on the street for little or no bail. Last year, they released a murder suspect on bail and he killed off the witness in his murder trial.

I believe the first step in taking back our country is that we have to get these George Soros funded district attorneys out of office. It doesn't matter what the police do if the turd is back on the street in a matter of hours. Low information voters eat up the whole line about bail reform being about some poor kid with a joint going to jail, but it's the proverbial magician's assistant as the dirty commies really mean bail reform is low or no bail for any offense no matter how violent. Here is an article listing some of the George Soros funded district attorneys.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post