SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Let's make a list of all the juvenile, comic book names gun manufacturers are assigning to their products these days
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's make a list of all the juvenile, comic book names gun manufacturers are assigning to their products these days Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Raging Bull could be forgiven, since Taurus is Latin for bull. In the .454 Casull chambering it would be pretty raging.

Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
Bullpup has always sounded silly to me
That's a British term which dates back to the late 19th Century and has been applied to firearms since at least the 1930s.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
It is my pride and joy and every-day carry, but I think this belongs here:
Colt Defender.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Taurus Raging Hunter
Raging Boner

Pair it up with your Yeet Cannon and you'd have one heckuva Saturday night!

Related to the Yeet Cannon (which are 9x19mm only) the Hi-Point Model JHP comes in ".45 Autoematic." Personnel are authorized to YEET it in an emergency.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31432 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Legion?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't find "Legion" at all objectionable or silly.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Walther’s Creed.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
MPX Rattler Canebrake

Canebrake?

Isn't that like some weeds or something?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34112 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always thought my STI Trojan was a little goofy…

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
… gun manufacturers have gone off the deep end with these ridiculous names, frequently combining terms which have nothing to do with each other in the real world.

Beretta Fusion Scorpion: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/6710051894 And pimped out and way overpriced to boot.

Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
… gun manufacturers have gone off the deep end with these ridiculous names, frequently combining terms which have nothing to do with each other in the real world.

Beretta Fusion Scorpion: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/6710051894 And pimped out and way overpriced to boot.

And the thread has come full circle.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

posted Hide Post
That is one fugly pistol!
Only Generalismo Franco would carry this.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
MPX Rattler Canebrake

Canebrake?

Isn't that like some weeds or something?

It’s a type of rattlesnake. They have ‘em in Florida.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
At least Glock avoids this stuff. Can you imagine the names they might come up with for their pistols?

Glock could market a pistol with an RDS built into the slide. They could call it The Toomah. When someone looks at your pistol and says "That thing on the top looks like a tumor" you could do you best Schwarzenegger impression and shout "It's not a toomah!!"

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Couple popped up in an advertisement today....

Sig 1911 Emperor Scorpion

Kimber Rapide Scorpius

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Remember the 1911's found in Hussein's palace? Man were those some fugly engravings!

Also, what manufacturer used to advertise in American Rifleman those heavily-engraved gold-chased 1911-pattern pistols in .38 Super intended for the Mexican market (.45 Autos were banned there)? Called El Conquistador, or something like that. ISTR it was Colt, but I was never tempted.

Posts: 6464 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ithaca Roadblocker (h/t Para).

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
DPMS Oracle

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Carry" (multiple offenders...)

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 687 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post