SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Let's make a list of all the juvenile, comic book names gun manufacturers are assigning to their products these days
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's make a list of all the juvenile, comic book names gun manufacturers are assigning to their products these days Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
And lest we forget the Yeet Cannon.

I considered calling out the yeet cannon, but I'm actually good with that one. Meme name for a meme gun!

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
S&W Shield

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Rainbow by SIG

Tactical by just about everyone

SWAT by SIG

Elite by HK

Police model by numerous manufacturers

Imagine the SIG 556 Rainbow Elite SWAT Tactical Police edition. They wouldn't have had enough manufacturing capacity to meet demand as there wouldn't be a segment of society that wouldn't have identified with it. I guess the Rainbow Spear Elite Tactical Navy SWAT edition would be a good substitute.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stay Classy!!
Picture of Crockett040
posted Hide Post
CMMG Banshee or CMMG Mutant come to mind

Posts: 397 | Location: Iowa | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Nighthawk
Springfield Hellcat
Taurus Raging Hunter

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
And lest we forget the Yeet Cannon.

I considered calling out the yeet cannon, but I'm actually good with that one. Meme name for a meme gun!

This literally made me laugh out loud when I saw it.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
NAA Black Widow

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Beretta hasn't yet revealed their .32ACP 'Fritz the Cat', but I'll check their website weekly.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:

This literally made me laugh out loud when I saw it.

That's amazing Big Grin!

Not an actual gun, but let's not forget my new word (thanks Richard, lol) from the "BOX" thread last week:

The Black Collar Arms "Priapus Grip"!

https://www.thetruthaboutguns....he-new-priapus-grip/

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
You all realize that the fact that you remember these names would make the marketing people very happy. The fact that you consider them silly and irrelevant is irrelevant to them.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
You all realize that the fact that you remember these names would make the marketing people very happy. The fact that you consider them silly and irrelevant is irrelevant to them.

But have we actually bought any of this goofy stuff? I remember other names, too...like P245, P320, 92FS, 1894, 870, etc. The difference is that I actually own those.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Thanks for your useful contribution to this fun thread. You missed the point entirely, but thank heavens that all those marketing departments have you to defend them.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
How about the OG for all of this, the Daisy Red Ryder.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
AAC Honeybadger

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Ammo makers have gotten in on the fun too.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Vortex Venom

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I hate to throw it in because I have and love one, Volquartsen Black Mamba.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Sand Viper
Pit Viper
Snake Eyes

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Beretta Centurion
Springfield Armory Hellion
Ruger Super Redhawk
Bond Arms Stinger

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3924 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Laugo Alien

Posts: 1558 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post