SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Forum data restored from backup
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forum data restored from backup Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I got a couple emails that replies had been made to a post of mine, but then they disappeared. Now I know what's going on. Thanks Smile

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Boss.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
That explains it. I started a post about tool organization earlier and came back to find it gone. I was worried I’d broken a rule or did something wrong.

Glad it’s back up and running. I love this place!

Posts: 1512 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Picked a great day for it to happen. Glad it was nothing major.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Was wondering what was going on.

Did IT ask you to check if was plugged in, then instruct you to clear browser and restart?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Like many, I got a little antsy, too, when the site wouldn’t load - glad it’s back!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
No doubt, that was some nerve racking shit right there.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My own personal Groundhog Day?

You mean I'm going to have to re-do the whole shitty day again?

UUUGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roll Eyes

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by two-two-niner-romeo:
I felt a disturbance in the force.....

Smile Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This is a unique event in the history of this forum. We had a crash and had to restore data from overnight backup, so, all of our witticisms today have disappeared.

Oh good, I won't get banned for my comments today Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...witticisms...

Really? We have witticisms here? Razz

Good to hear that things are up and running in fine order again, even if I actually missed the original calamity.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Have you tried re-booting it?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Who are you people and how did I get here?

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We must have been mistaken for those damn MAGA republicans. Thanks. Joe!
(NOT!)

Posts: 463 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the good news is that, in my 13 years of membership, nothing I have posted would be missed if it all disappeared. However, the words of wisdom of my fellow members are cherished by me and I would sorely miss any day of loss!

Posts: 1625 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in IT for 40 years before retiring. That's why God provides backups. Thanks for the heads-up. Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't do it.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
As much as we are reminded and urged to make sure backups are current and frequent enough to be useful, many forget to ensure that they are comfortable and familiar enough with the restore function that they can exercise it when required. Unused skills erode quickly, and when you are under pressure to restore service, the last thing you want to do is to be looking up procedures in manuals and being uncertain about how to do it.

So, as an exercise, those of you who are responsible for systems integrity, please do an artificial backup/restore cycle on a periodic basis, annually is probably enough. Waiting until you have to is too likely to lead to un undersired result, e.g. over-writing and losing your backup data or any one of a thousand other complications. And, as always, when it comes to backups, two is one and one is none, three is one is probably a better adage.

Props to Para for his quick and accurate recovery of the forum's data.

Posts: 6400 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!!

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post