SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I last had a drink one thousand days ago.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I last had a drink one thousand days ago. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Keep it up man. Glad you did what you needed and you’re here.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Ed, good job man. 1000 days is a good milestone. I’ve always thought very highly of you. That hasn’t changed.

Congratulations.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I admire anyone who can beat an addiction. I admire anyone willing to struggle against an addiction. I’ve had and have my own. Sincerely, thank you for writing this uncomfortable piece. Occasionally I read something on this forum that inspires me and moistens my eyes. Your post is one of those.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
One day at a time. Keep at it!

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good work!
I saw a lot of myself in your post.
Fortunately for me, I had a "High bottom."
At a party last weekend (plenty of booze available) one of the drinkers asked me how long it's been. I didn't really know, but I replied "I was in rehab when the Indonesian tidal wave hit." So 18 years....
Keep it up and congratulations!

OZ

Posts: 160 | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It takes a big man to bear his soul; you have my deepest respect sir. Congratulations on choosing to become, and remain, alcohol free; I’m sure all of us on the forum wish you continued success in your journey

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
what you have done is monumental and you should be amazingly proud of yourself.

Darn right!

Keep at it, sir, for your own good and so as to be an inspiration to others. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I know some will read this and think less of me, ...

Not at all. Just the opposite, in fact.

Think less of you for having the strength to claw your way back, not at all.

All people make mistakes, you slammed on the breaks at the edge of the cliff and thank goodness stopped just short of the usually inevitable.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I'm very glad you're here to write this. I hope for 29,000 more days of sobriety.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I'm truly impressed with your journey. Your accomplishments are impressive plus your ability to not drink, just amazing to me.

Keep up the good work, it truly is work!

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
Wow quite a journey. Takes courage and determination to get where you are now.

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Here's to the next 10,000 days, and 10k after that, and so on, and so on.......

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for you. Keep it up, we are all rooting for you.

Posts: 7485 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Good job and hang in there, don't ever forget the part about cunning, baffling and powerful.

I just figured my sober string - as of today it's 9057 days since my last drink which was on Feb 19, 1998 - one day at a time.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you!

While I have never drank the stuff, I can appreciate how hard it must be to get rid of any habit.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Marine:
It takes a big man to bear his soul; you have my deepest respect sir. Congratulations on choosing to become, and remain, alcohol free; I’m sure all of us on the forum wish you continued success in your journey

I agree.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
My family is well acquainted with the devastation of alcoholism. Many go down that road, not many have the fortitude to turn around and do the hard work necessary to make things right. Good for you!

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

I too passed a milestone recently.

On December 4, 2022 I celebrated 15,000 days since I quit.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I have known many alcoholics---some of whom have become clean and sober, and others who are not there yet.

Your account of your journey needs to be read by everyone who's dealing with the demon. Thanks for posting it here.

Posts: 4499 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Lots of courage and conviction in you. Congratulation for changing your world and the lives of your loved one. God bless you.

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post