SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sen. Durbin Urges Trump to Reduce ‘Shootings and Homicides’ in Chicago by Increasing Federal Spending
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sen. Durbin Urges Trump to Reduce ‘Shootings and Homicides’ in Chicago by Increasing Federal Spending Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Sheriff Arpaio in Maricopa County resurrected essentially the "chain gang" punishments, and they were working out pretty well. Of course, he drew the ire of the Libtards, and eventually was unseated.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
How about that spending take the form of the feds prosecuting the shooters and gangsters? CPD knows who they are and where they stay but has their hands tied by the corrupt poverty pimps. Let the feds haul them off, ring em up, and cashier them to the nearest federal pokey. Put those mandatory minimums to work.
That ain't the Fed's job. We're supposed to have a Constitutionally mandated separation of powers between the federal and state governments, and the Fed's aren't supposed to meddle in these types of state issues. And you'd have to be insane as president to put any Fed resources into place as you've suggested. Responsibility and fault for every problem that exists in that shithole today would almost overnight be offloaded onto the federal government while the corrupt state and local politicians turned on them.

No sir. This is Illinois'/Chicago's problem and since they created the problems, let 'them' fix them.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Durban opened the door; Trump needs to full court press the libtards of the Windy City by pointing out the failed politics, muzzling of law enforcement, and the obvious lack of real concern for the citizens.

When you let go of the leash restraining law enforcement and stop persecuting them for doing their jobs, then federal money will be offered...to be used at Trumps discretion.

The conversation will end right there when the crooked pols realize they won’t be skimming any cash.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15611 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spent a lot of time in Chicago for work (warrants).

That city has been ruined by the political party ruling it.

And now they want help?

Nope.

Posts: 7021 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Investing money in the border wall would yield a much greater return.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Klusk2:
Perhaps enforcing the current laws to reduce violent behavior. How is 5 months a fair sentence for a murderer? There are thousands of cases that offenders that have committed various violent crimes that go unpunished. How about stop spending money that we don't have? When the Cook county board approved the soda tax, they over-estimated what the tax would bring in and spent it before the tax was even collected. This has been going on for decades. There hasn't been a conservative voice in Chicago for over 90 years. I think it's safe to say that Democratic policy has failed.

They have abolished the death penalty and closed prisons. Gun charges are dropped to get plea bargains. Were plea bargains ended the courts would be overwhelmed with jury trials. Even when someone is jailed court orders on overcrowding drastically cut sentences. Then there race. Groups believe that jails should represent the same racial make up of the population. Otherwise it’s racism.
Let’s not even start on the pension fiasco and the junks bonds the state has.
Then there’s the gang problems. There are an estimate 165,000 gang members. They sell drugs valued in the millions. No politiction is going to ignore that.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Groups believe that jails should represent the same racial make up of the population. Otherwise it’s racism.
Nope. Jails should represent the same racial make up of the people committing crimes--it's not my fault that 90% of those are Black, it's theirs.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Got to get my wife retired so we can get the hell out of this state! Chicago out votes the rest of the state... so this moran keeps getting elected.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2672 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Groups believe that jails should represent the same racial make up of the population. Otherwise it’s racism.
Nope. Jails should represent the same racial make up of the people committing crimes--it's not my fault that 90% of those are Black, it's theirs.

flashguy
There's an even larger male/female disparity but ya don't hear anybody complaining about that. Roll Eyes

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15487 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I wish little Dick would take a stroll there at 1 am with a few hundy's sticking out of his pocket.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8378 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More money would only wind up in the pockets of guys like "Dicky" and the other crook politicians in Ill.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:

flashguy
There's an even larger male/female disparity but ya don't hear anybody complaining about that. Roll Eyes

PC in jails, that will fix it. Wink

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the Israelis were applying a tactical bulldozer to your house if you threw rocks at them. If we are to direct federal funds to Chicago, lets use the money to buy bulldozers. And put them to use in problem neighborhoods. The drawback would be that most of the city would get bulldozed. Maybe not such a drawback after all. Oh... Our CPD SF members get first choice on a new bulldozer and their chosen neighborhood.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16108 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post