SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Smart locks for main entry?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smart locks for main entry? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I want a dumb lock that has a key fob to unlock it like my car. Any one make something like that?

Yeah, a garage door opener! They've been making them for decades Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

hahaahahahaa

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I want a dumb lock that has a key fob to unlock it like my car. Any one make something like that?

Yeah, a garage door opener! They've been making them for decades Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

hahaahahahaa

That would be perfect too, just one that would open my front door.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I realize that my Schlage door locks are probably simple to pick, but there is so much ground floor glass that it doesn't make sense to get stressed over the locks.

I put more faith in the alarm system and the dogs than I do the locked doors.

I would actually prefer a criminal to pick a lock and come through a door than break glass to gain entry.

1. Broken glass is a mess to clean up especially on carpet and can lead to injured feet and dog paws.
2. Broken glass is expensive to replace.
3. Broken glass may or may not set off the alarm's glass-break sensors, but door sensors are very reliable.

Besides, I don't have much worth stealing.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post