SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tell me about 4 stroke string trimmers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me about 4 stroke string trimmers Login/Join 
Picture of Flyboyrv6
posted Hide Post
I used a Stihl 2 stroke for years and it is a very good trimmer but I recently bought an Ego 56volt electric and I will never go back to gas. The Ego is slightly less powerful than the Stihl but fully capable for all normal trimming. An added benefit of the Ego is that my model has automatic string loading... very easy.

Posts: 828 | Registered: January 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I have a 4 stroke that my wife got me for Father's Day a few years ago. It's awesome. Yes, it's a bit heavy, but it also has the edger attachment.

I love being able to just toss gasoline in it.

I think she got the one from Lowe's.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9163 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Husqvarna 224L has been a great performer for me since 2015. I use straight gas, no ethanol, and no problems so far for my 3 acres. I use it sideways to edge my 100 yard driveway, and no trouble trimming anything else that needs it.

Posts: 290 | Location: North Central Florida | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. Ended up picking up a Echo SRM-266 string trimmer, 2 stroke at HD for $299. I decided to go this route because already had a Echo blower I've had good luck with. HD seems to be stocking all the common parts needed for their Echo 2 strokes so it works out.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Thanks all. Ended up picking up a Echo SRM-266 string trimmer, 2 stroke at HD for $299. I decided to go this route because already had a Echo blower I've had good luck with. HD seems to be stocking all the common parts needed for their Echo 2 strokes so it works out.

They are an Echo dealer and stock most everything in their warehouse, and what they don't have in the store you can buy on Home Depots website and they ship it to the store or your house very quickly. I have mostly Echo and like them.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I had a Ryobi. Worked very well for years.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
You are going to get lighter weight and more power out of a 2 stroke. You also don't have to worry about oil changes. I still have a 25 year old lawn boy 2 stroke mower I use.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post