SIGforum
Tell me about 4 stroke string trimmers

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4020065654

May 10, 2019, 07:23 AM
Flyboyrv6
Tell me about 4 stroke string trimmers
I used a Stihl 2 stroke for years and it is a very good trimmer but I recently bought an Ego 56volt electric and I will never go back to gas. The Ego is slightly less powerful than the Stihl but fully capable for all normal trimming. An added benefit of the Ego is that my model has automatic string loading... very easy.
May 10, 2019, 08:11 AM
Veeper
I have a 4 stroke that my wife got me for Father's Day a few years ago. It's awesome. Yes, it's a bit heavy, but it also has the edger attachment.

I love being able to just toss gasoline in it.

I think she got the one from Lowe's.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken
May 10, 2019, 09:03 AM
snowdog
My Husqvarna 224L has been a great performer for me since 2015. I use straight gas, no ethanol, and no problems so far for my 3 acres. I use it sideways to edge my 100 yard driveway, and no trouble trimming anything else that needs it.
May 12, 2019, 07:19 PM
Jelly
Thanks all. Ended up picking up a Echo SRM-266 string trimmer, 2 stroke at HD for $299. I decided to go this route because already had a Echo blower I've had good luck with. HD seems to be stocking all the common parts needed for their Echo 2 strokes so it works out.
May 12, 2019, 07:25 PM
jimmy123x
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Thanks all. Ended up picking up a Echo SRM-266 string trimmer, 2 stroke at HD for $299. I decided to go this route because already had a Echo blower I've had good luck with. HD seems to be stocking all the common parts needed for their Echo 2 strokes so it works out.

They are an Echo dealer and stock most everything in their warehouse, and what they don't have in the store you can buy on Home Depots website and they ship it to the store or your house very quickly. I have mostly Echo and like them.
May 13, 2019, 05:24 AM
kramden
I had a Ryobi. Worked very well for years.
May 13, 2019, 07:15 AM
Wishbone
You are going to get lighter weight and more power out of a 2 stroke. You also don't have to worry about oil changes. I still have a 25 year old lawn boy 2 stroke mower I use.