SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Global War?
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Global War? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Im sure you all recall how our media was all about being "imbedded" with our troops during our adventures in the Sandbox.
Doesnt seem to be a whole of that going in Ukraine, is there?
Kinda surprising since the media SOP is "if it bleeds it leads".

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

Unless you (the media) are leadin' the bleedin'...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree. Tends to cut back on the breaking news!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Holy Scheisse!

German Chemical Giant Warns Of "Total Collapse" If Russian Gas Supply Cut

quote:

"To put it bluntly: This could bring the German economy into its worst crisis since the end of the Second World War and destroy our prosperity. For many small and medium-sized companies in particular, it could mean the end. We can't risk that!"

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
How is Germany’s dependence on Russian hydrocarbons news? Seriously? Most of Europe by the way. This is exactly why administrations energy policy it’s 180° out of phase.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess Germany shouldn't have capitulated to the "greens" and shut down their nuclear plants. They brought this on themselves.

I can only hope that what is happening now exposes the fraud of environmentalists and the funding they have been getting from our enemies. Everything they lobby for plays right into Russia and China's hands.

Posts: 4718 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Ukraine flew helicopter(s) across the border into Russia attacked and set an oil and fuel storage facility and set a few tanks on fire in Belgorod.

Looks like two Mi-24 and rockets were within 2000 feet of the depot.

So, that is three strikes into Russia.

The airbase a few weeks ago, the munitions dump several days ago and now the POL farm.

(info from Lee Wheelbarger)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-I82FRqXBg

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I love the news stories on the sortie- “Russia accuses Ukraine of attacking oil facility”; as if Russia is some kind of blameless victim in all of this. This should put a dent in fuel availability for the hostile invading “victims”.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Damn, it looks like the trailing helicopter that blew up the oil tank almost killed the lead helicopter with the explosion!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Anybody got a timestamp/timestamped youtube link for when the helicopter attack occurs...That video is 3 HOURS and 40 Minutes LONG! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Anybody got a timestamp/timestamped youtube link for when the helicopter attack occurs...That video is 3 HOURS and 40 Minutes LONG! Wink

Here’s another vid with clear-ish attack footage

https://youtu.be/66XrGQcKnJc

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

It was live and only into about 2 minutes when I posted the link. Big Grin

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Mad These Russians are a bunch of friggen assholes, I hope they get their asses kicked all the way back to Mother Russia by the Ukrainians. Brutality and unlawful warfare seem to be SOP for these pricks:

Twisted Russians wrote 'for our children' on missile used in attack on Ukrainian railway station refugees that killed at least 50 civilians - including five children - who were fleeing Putin's atrocities

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Ummmmm...WHAT???

Are the Ukies trying to fight the Russkies with old bolt action rifles from WWI and machine guns from the 1800's? SERIOUSLY? Roll Eyes

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Wow. That K98 is killing Russians again. I wonder what the soldat who first carried it would have thought of that?

As for the Maxim, a water-cooled emplaced machine gun can’t be that obsolete if they’re fighting a trench war, can it?

Posts: 17128 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
10 million combatants killed by that archaic weaponry over a hunnert years ago.

I would not laugh in the face of such things.

Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
And he’s wearing Jesus shoes too!!!!

What’s that old saying; you fight the war with what you got!

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
There are multiple pictures on the internutz of those old machine guns still being used. I'm tempted to believe the Mauser was part of a private collection just because I haven't seen many pictures of them. Having said that, non-frontline Donbass (pro-Russian) conscripts seem to be provided with scoped Mosin-Nagants from what must be a plentiful supply.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I think Forgotten Weapons as well as Brandon Hererra have done videos on the WW1 and WW2 weapons still in use by both sides.

Those are the two that come to mind, although I'm sure there are others.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post