SIGforum
Global War?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4000036984

March 31, 2022, 06:14 PM
YooperSigs
Global War?
Im sure you all recall how our media was all about being "imbedded" with our troops during our adventures in the Sandbox.
Doesnt seem to be a whole of that going in Ukraine, is there?
Kinda surprising since the media SOP is "if it bleeds it leads".

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
March 31, 2022, 06:18 PM
sigmonkey
^^^

Unless you (the media) are leadin' the bleedin'...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
March 31, 2022, 07:06 PM
YooperSigs
Agree. Tends to cut back on the breaking news!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
March 31, 2022, 07:59 PM
PASig
Holy Scheisse!

German Chemical Giant Warns Of "Total Collapse" If Russian Gas Supply Cut

quote:

"To put it bluntly: This could bring the German economy into its worst crisis since the end of the Second World War and destroy our prosperity. For many small and medium-sized companies in particular, it could mean the end. We can't risk that!"

March 31, 2022, 08:05 PM
SIGnified
How is Germany’s dependence on Russian hydrocarbons news? Seriously? Most of Europe by the way. This is exactly why administrations energy policy it’s 180° out of phase.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein
March 31, 2022, 10:29 PM
Lefty Sig
Guess Germany shouldn't have capitulated to the "greens" and shut down their nuclear plants. They brought this on themselves.

I can only hope that what is happening now exposes the fraud of environmentalists and the funding they have been getting from our enemies. Everything they lobby for plays right into Russia and China's hands.
April 01, 2022, 12:13 AM
sigmonkey
Ukraine flew helicopter(s) across the border into Russia attacked and set an oil and fuel storage facility and set a few tanks on fire in Belgorod.

Looks like two Mi-24 and rockets were within 2000 feet of the depot.

So, that is three strikes into Russia.

The airbase a few weeks ago, the munitions dump several days ago and now the POL farm.

(info from Lee Wheelbarger)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-I82FRqXBg

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
April 01, 2022, 04:55 AM
gearhounds
I love the news stories on the sortie- “Russia accuses Ukraine of attacking oil facility”; as if Russia is some kind of blameless victim in all of this. This should put a dent in fuel availability for the hostile invading “victims”.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
April 01, 2022, 07:42 AM
Oat_Action_Man
Damn, it looks like the trailing helicopter that blew up the oil tank almost killed the lead helicopter with the explosion!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
April 01, 2022, 08:10 AM
nhracecraft
Anybody got a timestamp/timestamped youtube link for when the helicopter attack occurs...That video is 3 HOURS and 40 Minutes LONG! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
April 01, 2022, 08:16 AM
gearhounds
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Anybody got a timestamp/timestamped youtube link for when the helicopter attack occurs...That video is 3 HOURS and 40 Minutes LONG! Wink

Here’s another vid with clear-ish attack footage

https://youtu.be/66XrGQcKnJc

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
April 01, 2022, 12:11 PM
sigmonkey
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

It was live and only into about 2 minutes when I posted the link. Big Grin

April 08, 2022, 09:59 AM
PASig
Mad These Russians are a bunch of friggen assholes, I hope they get their asses kicked all the way back to Mother Russia by the Ukrainians. Brutality and unlawful warfare seem to be SOP for these pricks:

Twisted Russians wrote 'for our children' on missile used in attack on Ukrainian railway station refugees that killed at least 50 civilians - including five children - who were fleeing Putin's atrocities

April 21, 2022, 10:29 AM
PASig
Video clip of this clown Malcom Nance:

Big Grin

It's a 500-lb bomb... -STAND BY- it's a caliber anti-ship missile... -STAND BY- it's a cruise missile... -STAND BY- there'll be three... -STAND BY- here comes the fourth!

June 21, 2022, 02:17 PM
PASig
Ummmmm...WHAT???

Are the Ukies trying to fight the Russkies with old bolt action rifles from WWI and machine guns from the 1800's? SERIOUSLY? Roll Eyes

June 21, 2022, 02:26 PM
P220 Smudge
Wow. That K98 is killing Russians again. I wonder what the soldat who first carried it would have thought of that?

As for the Maxim, a water-cooled emplaced machine gun can’t be that obsolete if they’re fighting a trench war, can it?

June 21, 2022, 02:30 PM
sigmonkey
10 million combatants killed by that archaic weaponry over a hunnert years ago.

I would not laugh in the face of such things.

June 21, 2022, 02:57 PM
2BobTanner
And he’s wearing Jesus shoes too!!!!

What’s that old saying; you fight the war with what you got!

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken
June 21, 2022, 02:57 PM
Il Cattivo
There are multiple pictures on the internutz of those old machine guns still being used. I'm tempted to believe the Mauser was part of a private collection just because I haven't seen many pictures of them. Having said that, non-frontline Donbass (pro-Russian) conscripts seem to be provided with scoped Mosin-Nagants from what must be a plentiful supply.
June 21, 2022, 03:09 PM
Oat_Action_Man
I think Forgotten Weapons as well as Brandon Hererra have done videos on the WW1 and WW2 weapons still in use by both sides.

Those are the two that come to mind, although I'm sure there are others.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.