SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Starbucks Employees Did It Again-Disrespect for Officers
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Starbucks Employees Did It Again-Disrespect for Officers Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted
https://www.washingtontimes.co...refused-service-riv/

By - Associated Press - Sunday, December 15, 2019
RIVERSIDE, Calif. — Starbucks apologized to two sheriff’s deputies in California and said it would carry out an internal investigation after complaints by the sheriff that the coffee retailer’s employees refused to serve the officers, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The alleged mistreatment of the Riverside County sheriff’s deputies took place Thursday at a Starbucks near the campus of the University of California, Riverside.

The officers, who were in uniform, stood at the counter for about five minutes without being served and eventually decided to leave, according to statements from Starbucks and social media posts by Sheriff Chad Bianco.

“There is simply no excuse for how two Riverside deputies were ignored for nearly 5 minutes at our store on Thursday evening,” a Starbucks spokesman said in a statement. “We take full responsibility for any intentional or unintentional disrespect shown to law enforcement on whom we depend every day to keep our stores and communities safe.”
The Riverside incident marks the third time this year that Starbucks has been accused of disrespecting law enforcement officers. In July, six officers in Tempe, Arizona, said a barista asked them to move away from a customer who had complained that their presence was making him nervous. Starbucks apologized to the officers.

In November, a police chief in Oklahoma complained after a Starbucks employee labeled cups for several officers with the word “PIG.” Starbucks again apologized and fired the employee.
Bianco referred to the prior incidents Friday, writing on Twitter, “The anti police culture repeatedly displayed by Starbucks employees must end.”

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Two things:

I’m surprised cops still even go to Starbucks. I know I don’t, and will drive out of my way to get coffee if it’s the only option (I like their coffee btw)

Starbucks employees are obviously idiots because this stuff gets national attention any time this happens.

I also thought the whole company had to go through “sensitivity training”? I guess that didn’t include respecting police officers.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
said it would carry out an internal investigation

Starbucks is going to do an Internal Investigation. What the -F- is that, do they have an investigative branch now?

I like my idea better --- I quit going there some year or so ago.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I agree--why in the hell would any cop go to starbucks? Not only is their coffee crap, but they hate the police in general.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll use their free WiFi, thank you, but Starbucks coffee is pure crap.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I agree--why in the hell would any cop go to starbucks? Not only is their coffee crap, but they hate the police in general.

I would be paranoid of the bastards doing something to my drink. Or are the drinks made in view of everyone?

Simple solution: if they hate the police, don't call when they are in trouble, they didn't want the police there anyway.

Posts: 13132 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
They also donate heavily to the dnc and are pro illegal alien.
I mercilessly shame anyone I know if I catch them with one of their products. Both for supporting a company that slurps dirty commie ass and for being such an unhealthy addict to their sugar syrup they try pass off as fancy coffee.

Posts: 10850 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
We take full responsibility for any intentional or unintentional disrespect shown to law enforcement on whom we depend every day to keep our stores and communities safe.”

But I’ll bet there’ll be no firings or discipline of any kind. They’re only “apologizing” for damage control because a significant number of the population don’t hate the cops. Fuck them. I don’t drink their overpriced swill.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15598 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think something like this should automatically trigger a full scale search of the restaurant and the health department doing a full scale safety check. You know, perhaps in those 5 minutes the staff is in the back throwing out unsafe food, or cleaning stuff that should be sanitized.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I don't go there anymore, overpriced, over sensitive and employees that are happy to serve people they think follow their social agenda.

Coffee is better and frozen drinks at WaWa, lower priced, more in the cup and no SJW issues....

GottahaveaWaWa,,,,

https://www.wawa.com/

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not, McDonald's serves high quality coffee.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30698 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally, I like the taste of a medium Starbucks coffee. I usually hit one right out of roll call.

Last year, I worked downtown Chicago. I frequented 3 different locations, to the point where they knew me by name, and took care of me (but then again, I tip well).
I changed Districts last year, and hit one of the three Starbucks in my current District, depending on which end I'm working on. 2 of them know me by name, and take care of me (and I tip them well). The third location treats me like a regular customer, which doesn't bother me at all. (I still tip them well)

Last weekend, there was a problem at one of the Starbuck locations in McCormick place where the Department held the sergeants test. There was approximately 4000 Chicago police officers and detectives in attendance, and I'll venture to say 99.9% of them had a gun on, and some were in full uniform.

To summarize-
"So after [my fellow officer] got home from taking the Sergeant test at McCormick place...... She went on to tell me that the Starbucks in McCormick place refused to allow any officers in the shop because another event was being held by a group that “wasn’t comfortable around guns”!!!! I myself am tired of this shit!!! Starbucks has proven time after time they are not supportive of our officers."

I'm quickly changing my mind toward their policies in general...
Now I gotta go find a good cup of coffee in my district.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8354 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Those poor Starbucks employees! Most of them probably blew upwards of $200k on SJW degrees, and they're reduced to pouring coffee for a living.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5293 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I wish LE could bring some sort of class action suit against them. Really wake them up.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12734 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn’t the Starbucks CEO close all the store to have a sensivity trying for all employees and still these bums continue to embarrass the company, themselves and run off customers that like cops and all 1st responders. I would not enter such establishments, they don’t need my money.

Myself, Starbucks java was not for me. I’m not running them down, they are doing a fine job all by themselves. Didn’t learn a damn thing that B/S training.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
It is their policy to not do drug testing. Thus many who are otherwise unemployable are drawn to them. When you hire assholes, you should not be surprised when you get asshole behavior. Plus their coffee is crap and waaaay overpriced.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"So after [my fellow officer] got home from taking the Sergeant test at McCormick place...... She went on to tell me that the Starbucks in McCormick place refused to allow any officers in the shop because another event was being held by a group that “wasn’t comfortable around guns”!!!! I myself am tired of this shit!!! Starbucks has proven time after time they are not supportive of our officers."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is beyond ridiculous. Being nervous aroud cops with guns. I wonder if these people ever frequent places that have armed security like some banks and the Social Security office. I am more relaxed in any business where cops are hanging around.

Posts: 17250 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Personally, I like the taste of a medium Starbucks coffee. I usually hit one right out of roll call.

Now I gotta go find a good cup of coffee in my district.

I don't know your district, but you might look for a Peet's. The guys that started Starbucks learned to roast coffee from Alfred Peet, so if you like dark raost coffee, Peet's is for you. There is one on the corner of Michigan Ave and Madison, BTW.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4878 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kinda like the idea of getting a bunch of Starbucks gift cards and handing them out to
help out the homeless people you come upon on the street!
I am sure the starbucks staff can bond with them!

Posts: 371 | Location: The once great state of California | Registered: November 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meh, I get enough disrespect that it kind of rolls off. I won't let them get under my skin.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post