SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Starbucks Employees Did It Again-Disrespect for Officers
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Starbucks Employees Did It Again-Disrespect for Officers Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Personally, I like the taste of a medium Starbucks coffee. I usually hit one right out of roll call.

Now I gotta go find a good cup of coffee in my district.

I don't know your district, but you might look for a Peet's. The guys that started Starbucks learned to roast coffee from Alfred Peet, so if you like dark raost coffee, Peet's is for you. There is one on the corner of Michigan Ave and Madison, BTW.

I know exactly where that one is. Good coffee too.
Unfortunately, none around the Midway Airport - West Englewood area Frown
I guess I gotta learn to like Dunkin Donuts.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8519 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
It's funny how much the left hates the police, but how often they say only "trained LE professionals" should have guns. And they think the police they hate will actively help them disarm the rest of us?

Posts: 4913 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I am proud to say I’ve never stepped foot in a Starbucks.

Funny how we get reports of this crap happening on a regular basis at a Starbucks somewhere. Speaks volumes about the trash they hire.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4011 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Believe it or not, McDonald's serves high quality coffee.

Yup, as does Krispy Kreme

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11086 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The shitty company is a leftist globalist climate change outfit. So, why is it a surprise that they have sjw trash working there. Why some of us here still patronize their business is more of a surprise to me.

Q

Posts: 27485 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The shitty company is a leftist globalist climate change outfit. So, why is it a surprise that they have sjw trash working there. Why some of us here still patronize their business is more of a surprise to me.

Precisely this. Saying their coffee is good (no better than McDonalds, Krispy Kreme, or Dunkin Donuts IMO) or going there for the free wifi are terrible excuses for patronizing those that support our enemies and their positions. FUCK Starbucks.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15788 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've a *$'s gift card I was given for Veteran's Day years ago. I still haven't redeemed it. I like their caramel macchiato well enough, but I don't like the company. So I've never gotten around to it. I'd never pay my own money for their products.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have a group of 5 or 6 guys I call "The Coffee Club". We try to meet once a week and we've (unfortunately) been patronizing Starbucks. I think it's time for that crap to change. Next time we meet (tomorrow or Friday), I'm negating Starbucks and will strenuously recommend Dunkin', IHOP, Denny's, or hell...even McD's (don't have Peet's in Texas). I am sick and tired of their SJW bullshit toward LE, but I have to say, I don't think it happens in my area, or at least I've never heard of it happening here.

"Sensitivity Training" my white, hairy butt! Pffffffft. The only thing that company has sensitivity toward is ANYTHING that grinds against my moral compass.

"...and the horse on which they rode."

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
We have a group of 5 or 6 guys I call "The Coffee Club". We try to meet once a week and we've (unfortunately) been patronizing Starbucks.

I don't understand why you'd do that. Their repetitive staff behaviour and their politics aside: Their coffee isn't that great for what they charge, IMO.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Yeah...(hangs head in shame). It's been a matter of convenience. Those SOB's are pretty much on every corner...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Go out and buy a few gift cards , and hand them out to some of the biggest reprobates, and scum you can find, so that SB can get a whole new level of customers hanging around their stores all the time.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
At this point, I'm fine with however they're treated at Starbucks. You want to patronize a business that despises you, then suck it up and stop complaining about it. Get a clue guys and stop making yourselves look ridiculous.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^
Yeah...(hangs head in shame). It's been a matter of convenience. Those SOB's are pretty much on every corner...

I told you, come down to the clinic at IAH and tell the front desk, Dr Q invites you down for a cup of coffee. We have several strong coffee drinkers down here. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 27485 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Patronizing starcucks in this day and age is like smoking cigarettes. If you see someone doing it you just shake your head and think, "what an asshole".

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I've a *$'s gift card I was given for Veteran's Day years ago. I still haven't redeemed it. I like their caramel macchiato well enough, but I don't like the company. So I've never gotten around to it. I'd never pay my own money for their products.

How is not redeeming it hurting Starbucks? They received the money and are out nothing until it's redeemed. By not redeeming you're contributing to they're bottom line.

Better to get coffee and pour it out in a great public display to show your disdain.

Posts: 4247 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hand it out to a homeless person, they'll get a nice gift and coffee to keep warm, starbutts will have to provide services at a cost and get to test their SJW attitudes...

Posts: 24203 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Give it to a homeless person with a foul body odor
and send them in at peak business time.

Posts: 1757 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Hand it out to a homeless person, they'll get a nice gift and coffee to keep warm, starbutts will have to provide services at a cost and get to test their SJW attitudes...

Better yet, give it to a cop; the SJW assholes will be in a quandary over filling the order. Hopefully the cop will be wearing a body cam or a cell phone on video and if the employee balks at filling an order paid for with a gift card, it would make a fantastic news video.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15788 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
^^^^^
I told you, come down to the clinic at IAH and tell the front desk, Dr Q invites you down for a cup of coffee. We have several strong coffee drinkers down here. Big Grin
HAW!!! When I get based back in IAH next year, I'll take you up on that!! Big Grin Thanks Doc Q!!

Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
Didn't the pro-gun 2A crowd (us SigForumites) like Starbucks a long time ago? the whole "Guns and Coffee" thing? Stickers with the Starbucks logo lady holding guns?

I think it was because they didn't bow down to pressure for open carry people to enter, yes?

It was a long time ago, but I'm sure I can find a "guns and coffee" picture via Google.

James

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post