SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New 2021 Mustang GT….WOW!!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 2021 Mustang GT….WOW!! Login/Join 
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted
https://imgur.com/gallery/9482Fbl
As some may know, I came upon this new Chariot in December. Totally unexpected purchase and that’s another story. BUT!

MAN I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!! Light years above any iteration that the Mustang has ever had. This particular car in this color has a real retro type feel to me, the badges and the wheels of a lot of sports cars used to be black now everything seems to be going chrome again. Retro?

The last year of the full house power offering (for the GT)2022 is 10 LESS HP @(450). The 10 speed auto is AMAZING! Lightening fast!! The sounds, the power band, the ride. If it proves to be a trouble free car, it TRULY would be the ultimate for the dough for me. I was driving a 2021 Toyota Tacoma Pro 4 and with my commute at 80 MPH, I was at 18 MPG. The MUSTANG GT IS GETTING https://imgur.com/gallery/4jQkXLL . Now at $4.69 a gallon that doesn’t suck. Any GT owners? Let’s post up picks of your ride!

Damn, I love this car..

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love our 2020 GT Premium ‘vert.

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
If they could also build 4dr cars that nice, people would probably buy them.

Posts: 4181 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
have a customer that bought one... he's on the four lane and a couple cars in front of him are only doing about 60 mph and so he decided to swing around them and pass... punches down just as he realized there is a county mounty at the top of the hill with radar and so he slows down and pulls over... asked the cop how fast he was going expecting 80-85... cop says he clocked him at 125.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:

If they would.

Posts: 623 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
VERY nice but it would have to be a manual for me.
Sports cars and muscle cars > all need to be manual, IMO.
Great looking vehicle! Cool

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Looks great, I’ll bet the price reflects that too.

Posts: 6167 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I wasn't scared of getting embarrassed by a Mustang until those 10 speeds came out. The Coyote is a good engine on it's own, but the 10 speed makes those things freaking fly.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDHunz:
Love our 2020 GT Premium ‘vert.

Love my 1968 GT 'vert.

Posts: 20107 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The family "car" market has gone to crossover SUVs. I don't get it (well maybe I do a little), but the market has spoken. The four door family sedan is a dead duck.

quote:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

They did, and people are, completely sold out....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it faster than a 1974 Ford Pinto?

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
OK, the closest thing I've got to a GT.....

IMG_1485 by Krazeehorse, on Flickr

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
Is it faster than a 1974 Ford Pinto?

Depends, was the pinto fully fueled when it was hit in the rear, understand acceleration figures greatly improve from the explosion!

If you are referring to the Mach-E

C&D report: We tested the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition, and it reached 60 mph in 3.7 seconds on its way to a 12.7-second quarter-mile at 101 mph

An NA 2021 GT is 460 HP, 12/6 sec 1/4 and 0-60 in 4.2

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lechiffre:
quote:

If they would.

People who want bigger people movers want SUVs, or extended cab pickups. There is no market for Tauruses and Crown Vics.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
The Mach E might be an incredible vehicle but IMHO should NOT have been badged as a Mustang. Why not Taurus or ????

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
2015 GT Premium here. I can't believe I bought this 7 years ago, wow time goes by fast. Should be getting her out of storage this weekend. Just over 13k on it.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Beautiful color xantom. I've been wanting to paint mine a similar color (midnight blue), but my body shop wants around $10K to do it. Think I'll wait awhile.

Posts: 20107 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Those MPGs are not bad at all. When I first got my 1987 Mustang GT Convertible I actually remember crawling under the car and looking at the gastank to see if it had a hole in it. The mileage was atrocious. 8-10 mpg city and maybe 13-15 highway but I drove it in a manner that was not conducive to any kind of good mileage. Big Grin

Yours is making a whole lot more power while getting significantly better miles per gallon. Cool

I am LOVING the styling on the newest and last few generations of Mustangs! One of the best cars of my youth is only getting better with age. Enjoy it!!! The last few years has been in many ways the second coming of America’s muscle car era so it’s not going to last forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I enjoy my 2017 GT Convertible Premium. “Only” has the 6 speed, but it gets along just fine with it.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post