SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New 2021 Mustang GT….WOW!!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 2021 Mustang GT….WOW!! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a 19 GT with the A10. A suuwweet ride for sure!

P229 Enhanced Elite
P229R
P229

Posts: 60 | Location: Ga | Registered: August 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally, I haven't liked the looks of anything since the 67s, except the fox body. The fastback and notchback are probably the best looking cars Ford has ever put the nameplate on. Fox bodies are the ticket for you straight line guys. Local guy had a nasty notchback fox that was LS powered and embarrassed quite a few other "fast" cars. I did hear they finally went to independent rear suspension, so hopefully it'll help the handling some. Too many owners ended up on the sidewalk showing off I guess.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having just turned 50 I wouldn't mind a V8 mustang as a mid life crisis car.

I looked around local dealers on the internet and all I see are GT 10-speed autos (I want the 6-speed manual) and one Mach 1 that is like $5K over retail sticker.

The current generation of muscle cars are going to die off soon with ever higher emissions and fuel economy ratings courtesy of FJB, so I can't wait too much longer if I want one.

C8 would be nice too but that's really pushing it with my son starting college in the fall...

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Personally, I haven't liked the looks of anything since the 67s, except the fox body. The fastback and notchback are probably the best looking cars Ford has ever put the nameplate on. Fox bodies are the ticket for you straight line guys. Local guy had a nasty notchback fox that was LS powered and embarrassed quite a few other "fast" cars. I did hear they finally went to independent rear suspension, so hopefully it'll help the handling some. Too many owners ended up on the sidewalk showing off I guess.

I just can’t get excited about an LS powered fox body. Nothing against the LS its a great motor if you’re on a budget but if you can’t build a good engine without going to your nemesis screw your build. I’d have more respect for a Mustang pushing ungodly boost with a 2JZ or RB than a damn LS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:

I just can’t get excited about an LS powered fox body. Nothing against the LS its a great motor if you’re on a budget but if you can’t build a good engine without going to your nemesis screw your build. I’d have more respect for a Mustang pushing ungodly boost with a 2JZ or RB than a damn LS.
I'm kinda with you but I prefer to keep it in the family. I would much rather have a Coyote in it instead.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A '93 or earlier LX 5.0 302 with Ford Racing GT40 heads would do a 1/4 in the 12's with the right tires. Guy I worked with at Ford in the 90's had one he modified.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am admittedly not a Ford guy. I am only just now considering an F150, solely because they offer a RCSB with a Coyote and GM does not do a V8 in the RCSB trucks now (fucking idiots). All that to say, this car was around when I was fresh outta school, so early 2000s. I'm not sure coyotes were even a thing at the time and the Ford OHC motors were not much to write home about. He had a stout engine and a good chassis and whipped some ass with it. Can't find fault there myself. And an aluminum LS would've saved some serious weight out front over an iron block Ford (I think the only alloy blocks of that era were Terminator Cobras???).

Now the douches stuffing small block Chevys in 32 Fords need to have their plumbing cut so they don't contaminate the gene pool any further. That should be a Ford in a Ford territory.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
VERY nice but it would have to be a manual for me.
Sports cars and muscle cars > all need to be manual, IMO.
Great looking vehicle! Cool

Agree 100% on the stick, two pedal cars are Secretary Specials. One reason I chose to purchase a Fiesta ST in 2019 was specifically because it's a manual transmission only model. The other was it's balance of power hand handling, in short course Autocross it will beat a Porsche GT3. Yeah, there are times when weight does matter and the Fiesta is light. BTW, mileage indicator for the current tank is showing 33.9 mpg with an average speed of 31 mph, not bad for stop and go driving.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

My 2012 Mustang California Special.

A few years ago we took the Mustang from Ohio to Seattle via ND and Montana then drove the 101 down the coast. Returned to Ohio through AZ, NM, TX, etc.

image hosting services free

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
OK, the closest thing I've got to a GT.....

IMG_1485 by Krazeehorse, on Flickr

That's a very sporty ride you got there.
Can you share year and motor and stuff like that?

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Having just turned 50 I wouldn't mind a V8 mustang as a mid life crisis car.

I looked around local dealers on the internet and all I see are GT 10-speed autos (I want the 6-speed manual) and one Mach 1 that is like $5K over retail sticker.

The current generation of muscle cars are going to die off soon with ever higher emissions and fuel economy ratings courtesy of FJB, so I can't wait too much longer if I want one.

C8 would be nice too but that's really pushing it with my son starting college in the fall...

I bought mine when I turned 47. The manual would have been nice, but since I drive in a lot of Atlanta rush hour traffic I got the A-10. I don’t think a manual can touch it when In sport mode. The shifts are so fast and smooth.

I highly recommend getting you one soon. They’re a lot of fun!

P229 Enhanced Elite
P229R
P229

Posts: 60 | Location: Ga | Registered: August 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
LBSID.....originally a 351 slushbox. It now has an incorrect 302 (making more hp than the original 351) and a 4 speed toploader. I'd really like to had a 428 but didn't want to part with the benjamins. That was over 25 years ago. If I had it to do over I would have found a 390 for nothing and rebuilt that. But it's still a fun tire squealer. Sounds great with headers.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Is it possible to encounter a “ midlife crisis “ at 65?

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
Is it possible to encounter a “ midlife crisis “ at 65?

Why, yes, yes it is.

My midlife crisis first appeared at age 53, when I bought a used 2004 Mustang GT convertible, 40th Anniversity edition, white with tan interior, top and racing stripes. Manual 5 speed. Still reliable and squeak free.

At age 65, I bought a new 2017 Mustang GT convertible with the manual 6 speed and performance handling package. Blue with clay seats. It is just so much fun!!!! The independent rear suspension make it ride like a Cadillac. It has been totally reliable - the only thing done besides changing the oil - the rear tires (Pirelli P1 summer) needed to be replaced at 15K miles. The front tires are like new. I wonder what causes that?

On the dual highway at 55MPH I get over 25MPG. Why 55MPH? Because there are usually 3 radar traps. The local towns and counties fund their budgets by writing speeding tickets.

I just hope that having a mid life crisis at 65 doesn't mean I'm going to live to 130....

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Nice Scott! Maybe gonna order the Rousch CAI today. There are so many choices, I am not in a rush. ……………………. Right Cool

I cannot wait…..

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Ordered a Rousch CAI yesterday. I am so excited. With the elimination of the factory resonator, dropped weight, the sound and flow is noticeably better, now to get up front with more flow. I do NOT miss the six speed.. (well maybe a smidge Wink).

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Rousch Racing CAI getting installed today along with the first service. So we now have done
All led bulb switch (red)
.25 mm wheel spacers on rears
Resonator removal and X- pipe installed
Rousch CAI
Ceramic type coating
Contemplating oil separator/ catcher, will keep all posted.

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Die hard GM guy here. But I went to a Good Guys car show in Raleigh this past Friday. I could feel good driving either one of these bad boy Mustangs. Boss 429 (I've seen 2 in person in my lifetime) and '68 GT ( I believe this one was 428 powered)

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2769 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My current 1966 Mustang:
000_0073.jpg by David Casteel, on Flickr
My original 1966 Mustang in 1966 looked the same but was all red, no vinyl top.

My 1986 Mustang GT:
My 1986 Mustang by David Casteel, on Flickr

My 2006 Mustang GT:
Must06_0047 by David Casteel, on Flickr

Sorry, no pics of my 2 pickups with 460cid engines.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:
and '68 GT ( I believe this one was 428 powered)

That's a '67. Beautiful car.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post