SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New 2021 Mustang GT….WOW!!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 2021 Mustang GT….WOW!! Login/Join 
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I am Sooooooo in love with this10 speed auto! Cool

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Nice car. I'm currently driving a 2006 Mustang GT with auto trans. Prior Daily Driver was a 1986 Mustang GT with 5-speed in the floor. (Drove thqt one 20 years!). I do have a 1966 Mustang with 289 and auto--it's just for giggles and the sound.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Here's mine - a 480HP 2019 Bullitt. Not available with the auto; 6-speed only.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by lechiffre:
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
If they could also build 4dr cars that nice, people would probably buy them.

If they would.

People who want bigger people movers want SUVs, or extended cab pickups. There is no market for Tauruses and Crown Vics.

Agreed. There are all sorts of folks you'll find that will say they should be building sedans, but when it's buying time, the numbers do not lie.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
I am Sooooooo in love with this10 speed auto! Cool
I've had a few Fords and there has always been two things I hated about them. The auto transmissions are programmed to go up in gear way too fast to try and eek out every mpg possible and it ruins the driving experience. With the 10 speed the aggressive early upshifting isn't necessary and it's overbuilt to take way more power if needed. They finally have an awesome automatic that makes the 6 speed seem painfully slow.

The other thing is why does Ford always have radiator fans that sound like the exhaust fan in my bathroom and my ninja blender had a baby. So loud and obnoxious and they have been using them for 20+ years at least. I haven't driven a new Ford in at least two years so hopefully they finally got rid of them.

Other than that the Mustang is an awesome platform and I hope they keep it around a while and don't ditch it only keeping the electric version. There's just nothing like hearing a nice V8 rip through the gears I don't care how fast the replacement is.

quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Agreed. There are all sorts of folks you'll find that will say they should be building sedans, but when it's buying time, the numbers do not lie.

Not as bad as the manual guys.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have my eye on a red 2016 v6.

Posts: 74 | Location: Delco and LBI | Registered: April 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:

I see a bagillion Dodge Chargers everyday. A modern Falcon would be pretty cool.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4619 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
quote:

I see a bagillion Dodge Chargers everyday. A modern Falcon would be pretty cool.

In 2021, Dodge sold 78,388 Chargers. They sold 569,389 Rams. They haven’t had combined sales of that many Chargers 2016-2022 YTD. Their worst Ram sales year since 2005 (2010, 199,652) is still far better than the Charger’s best (2007, 119,289.)

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 814 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see a bagillion Dodge Chargers everyday.

If you slow down they won't follow you around Big Grin

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
OK, the closest thing I've got to a GT.....

IMG_1485 by Krazeehorse, on Flickr

Now we're talkin ! When I was a kid a neighbor had one of those, I used to hang out with him under the hood when he was working on it. He never let me touch a thing. He used to drag race it, and drive it to work and around town occasionally. IIRC he put a cam in it, a big ass Holly carburetor, and did all that sort of stuff they did to motors in the 70's. It was a beauty to behold, made my heart flutter every time I saw it or heard it idling.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
Here's mine - a 480HP 2019 Bullitt. Not available with the auto; 6-speed only.

The Bullitt is one sweet ride!

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

They did, and people are, completely sold out....

My buddy's wife has one and they both love driving it

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have enjoyed following the Mustang story over the years. In my HS days, one of my best friends had a 65 with factory air. I dont recall what motor it had but it was 5 lug wheels so it was V8. Lots of cruising in it and we just thought of it as a cool, but nothing special because Mustangs were everywhere.
I should of bought it and kept it!
I understand that AWD will be available soon. That makes the Mustang a viable year round daily driver for us snowbound types.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Sweet ride, Sybo! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Revolution37:
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:

In 2021, Dodge sold 78,388 Chargers. They sold 569,389 Rams. They haven’t had combined sales of that many Chargers 2016-2022 YTD. Their worst Ram sales year since 2005 (2010, 199,652) is still far better than the Charger’s best (2007, 119,289.)

You know, speaking as a Dodge guy and a RAM owner, if I wanted something sportier, it would be a Challenger, not a Charger. It isn't necessarily the four doors, but the looks don't win out over the Challenger for me.

I feel like I see more Challengers on the road, but maybe that's because I want one. It could also be an even amount, or maybe it's also just this area. I don't know. For myself, I have a people mover in the 1500, and if I want a zippy little ride, I'm good with a two door. It's just me in the truck the great bulk of the time anyway.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:

Buy the e-abomination crossover then.

The stang was never meant to be a sedan. Stop smoking crack, or move up a tax bracket and get a bimmer for God's sake.

Posts: 5144 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:

The stang was never meant to be a sedan. Stop smoking crack, or move up a tax bracket and get a bimmer for God's sake.

Big Grin

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1732 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
quote:

I think DanH was just wishing for sedans in general from Ford and not necessarily the Mustang. Holy smokes.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
quote:

66 Mustang Sedan

Dang near got a 66 Shooting Break, today, that would sell like hot cakes...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
2021 GT offers 460 HP. 2022- 10 HP LESS! Interesting…………… 10 less!!!! Tells me I have one of the last years of the peak stock muscle for this iteration. I like that..

So far I have…

25mm (approx 1”) wheel spacers on the rear ONLY! I’ll like a more of a retro influence on this vehicle. The stance is PERFECT!!!!! Feels even MORE stable!

Cut out exhaust resonator, and replaced with an X pipe Cool

Oh boy I have the build bug again… Now to be smart about it.

Let’s hear your GT build stories or recommendations!! Pics later when it’s nice out.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post