SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I sell cars. Ask me anything.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I sell cars. Ask me anything. Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
How many hours per week are you physically at the dealership?

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
What are the engine choices in the 3500 Suburban?

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a shame this wasn't posted two weeks ago. That's when I bought a Chevy Silverado Z71. I live in the DFW area. I could've helped you make a sale.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3536 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
How much does the invoice price differ from the true cost?

You don't need to know that. It would be nice, but it is not needed.

Get a rough estimate of that number - those are readily available. Knock some off of it - maybe 10 or 15%. Make a dealer an offer at that number, and haggle back and forth a bit, having a bottom line number in mind. Don't include financing or a trade in. Be prepared to walk out without buying. Two or three rounds of that will tell you what any given car will actually sell for.

Good luck to the OP in the new job.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just sent an email. I plan to pull trigger on new colorado within 2 wks. 2018 or 19. LE, short bed , LE conv pk, lock differ, towing pk, auto 8 spd, v6, best price?

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Why can't I find an Ecoboost Mustang convertible with a manual transmission in a city the size of Houston?

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Why can't I find an Ecoboost Mustang convertible with a manual transmission in a city the size of Houston?

Because almost no one wants them, so they don't make them.

You are an outlier: very few people who buy cars with mid-size/mid-power engines want manuals.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Does this '87 Yugo come with a functional flux capacitor?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:

Because almost no one wants them, so they don't make them.

You are an outlier: very few people who buy cars with mid-size/mid-power engines want manuals.

Indeed. :/

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I was in sales for a dealer who owned adjacent BMW, Volvo, Volkswagen, and Honda dealerships. I worked at the BMW dealership, but could sell from any dealership. The buyers are totally different for each manufacturer.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
My credics aint so great. What the down payment is on that 70k Suburban?

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
How many hours per week are you physically at the dealership?

Depends. We have a schedule but if you have customers coming in, you make sure you're there. Average probably 50-55hrs or so.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
How much does the invoice price differ from the true cost?

You don't need to know that. It would be nice, but it is not needed.

Get a rough estimate of that number - those are readily available. Knock some off of it - maybe 10 or 15%. Make a dealer an offer at that number, and haggle back and forth a bit, having a bottom line number in mind. Don't include financing or a trade in. Be prepared to walk out without buying. Two or three rounds of that will tell you what any given car will actually sell for.

Good luck to the OP in the new job.

Thanks. The above question is what I tried to answer. Yes, we can print an invoice price but the true cost is what I wouldn't know.

JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

70K plus TT&L. Bring 77k in a briefcase and we should be able to make something happen.

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
One of the funniest movies of all time: Used Cars.

https://www.amazon.com/Used-Ca...ussell/dp/B004INJ7GI

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hehe. I sold cars back in the early 80s.
It was a decent job for me at the time.
Free use of a demo car plus small salary and commission.

One up who came in hit me with the following.
"I have no credit per se, my car got repossessed last February."

Sadly, we could not come to terms on a deal.
Smile

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
What's the meaning of life? (I hate the answer Siri gave me!) Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Are these nuts fresh?

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
What's the payment with the late charge?

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Do you honor expired coupons?