SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mehmet Oz is running for US Senate in my state
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mehmet Oz is running for US Senate in my state Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
We have a Fan Boy everybody!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you saying he's not? Mark 123
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is correct. He is too busy being a celebrity. Would you see him as your personal physician??

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there's a few areas that Dr.Oz and I would agrees on however, he's a celebrity. He owes his career to Oprah, which means she has access, she is no friend to any conservative, of ANY stripe. He's been a celebrity for over two decades, which means he's disconnected from the day-to-day issues affecting the average citizen, let alone the impact on small businesses lately.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Fuck him.

quote:
Dr Oz posted on Twitter:
Right now, the @CDCgov is NOT funded to study gun violence in this country. It’s time we treat shootings as a public health problem. Contact your congressperson today to demand they fund the #CDC to comprehensively study gun violence. #EndTheBan http://congress.gov

source: https://www.foxnews.com/politi...oz-gun-control-ideas

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
What's this? Ad hominem? That's unwelcome.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Seriously, there has to be literally a dozen other better candidates running for the nomination than this guy.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
... Would you see him as your personal physician??
He's out of network. Big Grin

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is a good one!

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
What is your problem? Tell me.

The man asked you for details, and you come up with nothing but an unwarranted insult. What a ridiculous response. What's your problem?

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As soon as anyone, regardless of party, announces he wants to enter politics I begin to suspect what his motives actually are. Is it to lead us? Or is it narcissism and self-serving aggrandizement?
I think the good Doctor is in it for himself. Physician, heal thy self!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Everything people are saying about Oz in this thread they said about Trump.

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:

Trump said the CDC should be funded to study gun violence?

Please provide a source for this.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:

Trump said the CDC should be funded to study gun violence?

Please provide a source for this.

Re-read what I said.

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everything? Nope. Try again.

And Donald Trump had decades of business experience on a grand scale before entering politics. This TV doctor sat around with Oprah and discussed the cause of cankles.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Democrats can't get elected unless they run as Republicants

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Didn't he get his TV start as Oprah's doctor, appearing on her old talk show?

I believe that was Dr. Phil.

I saw the Dr. Oz candidacy thing last month and was surprised. Not sure what to make of him as a candidate beside what I saw in the ad.

That said, I saw an ad at the gym the other day for a veteran who was running for senate. I forgot the name, and I don't see him on the list of officially declared candidates from one of the news sites that was posted yesterday. I can't imagine it was a commercial for state senate.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Voters in this country need to really focus hard and try to concentrate.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
A graduate of Harvard University, the cardiothoracic surgeon became a regular guest on Winfrey's eponymous daytime series, The Oprah Winfrey Show, starting in the 2000s, and the host would often refer to Oz as "America's doctor."

Oz would appear on the show to answer questions and offer medical advice, and was soon one of the most visible television doctors. His success soon led to Winfrey producing multiple shows that bore his name, including Discovery Health Channel's Second Opinion With Doctor Oz and The Doctor Oz Show on Oprah's own network, Harpo Productions.

https://www.newsweek.com/oprah...ts-residents-1663827

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Great but he is out of network for Mark!

Oz is a surgeon. The good ones want to operate and save lives, not promote themselves.

Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
We don’t need any more celebrities in government. Even if they did graduate from Harvard Roll Eyes

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post