SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dot's Pretzels: A Truth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dot's Pretzels: A Truth Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
They are pretzel crack and if left alone, I will eat a whole large bag like a goldfish who got the entire fish food can dumped in. That is all.

As Doug Heffernan from King of Queens would say: "I'm not proud of myself"

Kids gave me a bag for Father's Day

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I don't even like pretzels, never really ate them until I discovered Dot's.

Love em.

Just discovered these and they're also great:

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cheese curls are good, my wife is about addicted to them.

Posts: 763 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Came into our area a couple years ago. I was addicted for months

Posts: 949 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with you gentlemen.
I think I'm at the point where I might have withdrawals if I quit.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Before we discovered Dot's, Mrs. Flash used to make something similar:

Ingredients

30 ounces pretzels
1(16 ounce) bottleorville redenbacher popcorn oil

1(1 ounce) package Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing

2 teaspoons dill weed

1 teaspoon garlic powder

Mix for a few minutes every 30 minutes or so until all the oil is absorbed into the pretzels, then eat.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My wife and I stopped eating them earlier this year, after a couple of years of having them in the house as a staple. We just got tired of them. We switched back to Utz Sourdough Hard pretzels, less salty, more traditional pretzel flavor with a great texture/crunch.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to find them in my area. I have to feed my addiction by using Amazon. Sad but true.

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got started on the Dots cheese curls…. A road I should have never went down..

Posts: 448 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:

Hard to find them in my area. I have to feed my addiction by using Amazon.
The Ace Hardware stores in this area carry them.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I started on them after a thread on here. I really like the pretzels but love the cheese curls. We get them at the local Walmart, hard to believe it's that easy in SW Utah!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:

Hard to find them in my area. I have to feed my addiction by using Amazon.
The Ace Hardware stores in this area carry them.

Here also.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball: We switched back to Utz Sourdough Hard pretzels, less salty, more traditional pretzel flavor with a great texture/crunch.

The Utz pretzel rods I tried a few months ago were really good.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I've been eating them for a while, originally the Original was all I could get here. Then came the Southwest, almost a year after they were mentioned here on the forum. And Southwest is all I eat now. I tried the overpriced Cheese Curls, and in my opinion, crunchy Cheetos are better.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
I tried Dot's pretzels. The artificial butter flavor turned me off.

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never cared for pretzels. I am hooked on dots both the pretzels and cheese curls.
At this point in my life I don’t see the point of eating things I don’t thoroughly enjoy, so for me it is dots pretzels or no pretzels
They have them in lots of places in my area Ace hardware, cal ranch the maverick gas stations and others.

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
A while back my confrere, who doesn't like any such snack, tried 'em & made sure they were in the house for about 6 months. Then we thought we noticed a slight change in taste/crunch/etc.

We read then some Other Company had bought Dot out.

Then we tried real hard to pretend they were unchanged.

Somehow whatever the 'new' flavor Originals may be, changed or not, they fell from favor and we managed to step away.

I still am looking for the cheese style locally but they are never around.

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post