SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    nicely done youtube of P51 Mustang
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

nicely done youtube of P51 Mustang Login/Join 
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
Cool clip! Thanks!

I'd read somewhere that the super charger whine of the P51 used to scare the hell out of the Germans because they knew what was coming.

It's been debated for years whether it was the radiator, weather conditions, supercharger, and on and on, by all sorts of arm chair pilots.

If you follow these airplanes, you'll find the screamers have open gun ports and the quiet ones don't. Check him out at around 5:00 as he is taxiing past the camera and look at the gun ports.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
Here is the cockpit video of Kermit Weeks fly one of those. He flys out of his private airfield near Orlando Florida. Cool place to visit, and watch his other videos if you like to see all types of WWII "hardware" and such.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I am not going to say 'cool' because it is so much more than that. Beautiful sound.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11340 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Flying muscle cars.
Dig it.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Really, really cool. Thanks.

I like the sound of a Bf-109 too

Posts: 13305 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Great Video and great sound.

Only thing wrong with it is . . . . I was not flying it.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

Where did you hear a Bf-109? Neat engine – inverted V-12, couple of advantages to that. And fuel injection.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9011 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

Where did you hear a Bf-109? Neat engine – inverted V-12, couple of advantages to that. And fuel injection.

How's this? It starts to really whine at about 1:40

Posts: 13305 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dog44:
Imagine being a German troop and seeing this plane coming at you full throttle with .50 cals blazing!

I would only be 75% as scared as I would be seeing a P-47 coming at me with guns blazing.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terma-nator:
Here is the cockpit video of Kermit Weeks fly one of those. He flys out of his private airfield near Orlando Florida. Cool place to visit, and watch his other videos if you like to see all types of WWII "hardware" and such.

Awesome videos!

Weeks used to have an aviation museum down here in South Florida years ago. I went on several occasions and not only got to see a variety of WWII planes in various stages of restoration including a Japanese "Tony" they had recently recovered from a Pacific island, I got to see some like new condition examples and some flying exhibitions including a Mustang, TBF Avenger, and a couple others. Pure, raw, aviation awesomeness!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post