SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you alter what you purchase, eat, watch, etc., based on politics?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you alter what you purchase, eat, watch, etc., based on politics? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I don't purchase from Lefties, don't hire them for my personal work, don't buy anything they sell if I can possibly avoid it.

I don't drink so the Bud stuff is not an issue, wear Wranglers so no Levis, and try not to even associate with those I don't agree with. I know I can't woo them into even middle of the road politics, so I stay away from them.

Bob

Posts: 1676 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
A pay a lot of attention. If I can perceive liberal politics in potential customers/clients...and I look, we charge double or more, or refuse the business. It depends on the situation, local businesses and public supporters of drag queen story hour...we refuse their business. That's been a hotbed topic for us locally lately. I can't stand pedo-enablers and groomers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13988 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
While uncommon here, clients driving cars festooned with Biden, Hillary, Bernie, "Coexist" and "Hands off my body" bumper stickers (often Subaru) get the same treatment as everybody else.

Posts: 28690 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Posts: 81 | Location: Delco and LBI | Registered: April 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I’m to the point, my wife is telling me I’ll be wearing the skins off animals I harvest for food. My list of companies I won’t do business with grows by the day. I do everything I can to find local and conservative businesses to deal with and products that meet the same.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6528 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I did stop buying Land o' Lakes products when they got rid of the Indian and kept the land.

Posts: 28690 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
yes but to a very limited extent, if you tried to boycott all companies, products, brands that isn't in line with your politics you'd soon find yourself living off the grid somewhere in the Montana wilderness, maybe possible for a select few but way too inconvenient for the majority.

Posts: 10846 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I generally don’t, but one of my neighbors shuns Chick-Fil-A and Denny’s because (he says) they discriminate against black people.

He’s flat wrong, but arguing with him would be a waste of my time.

I don’t eat ice cream because I have to watch my calories, but if I did I’d probably avoid Ben and Jerry’s if there was another choice.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9467 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I quit wearing Ray-Ban aviators.

OZ

Posts: 165 | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you alter what you purchase, eat, watch, etc., based on politics?

Treating everything in black and white is just about impossible anymore, but I try my best.

- China - Commie assholes aim for world domination - Absolutely nothing food related; no clothing, either. With electronics and tools, you're stuck with them. Refuse to buy any chicom optics, no matter how popular they are. I have one SLx 1X prism RDS from Primary Arms, and that's only because I didn't know it was chicom made at the time.

- All leftist social media. I don't even sign up with twitter, now that it's been righted, thankfully, by Musk. It's just because I don't care for social media.

- Search engines - Use Brave, but it really sucks many times, and for those times, I had to use leftist Google.

- Movies - Refuse to pay for any that have known leftist actors/actresses in them. Don't even watch, even when they are free.

- Music - Haven't followed/listened to any since the early 90s. No great loss.

- Shopping / Eating - Once I know you're leftist / woke, you're no longer getting my business (Amazon, Nike, Levi, BRCC, Starbucks, Chic-Fil-A, Yeti, Northface, The Salvation Army, Target, to name just a few).

- Banking - They're all lefty to one degree or another, so we're stuck with them.

- Shipping - Not much you can do, as all three are leftists.

- Sports - None of them getting my money.

- Travel - Refuse to set foot in commie territories (CA, NY, NJ, MA, HI, IL, MD, etc...)

YMMV.

ETA: No firearms from RRA, Springfield or Turkey. Currently have one RRA lower bought long before their anti-2A shenanigan in IL a few years ago.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 27605 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

I did stop buying Land o' Lakes products when they got rid of the Indian and kept the land.
I use half & half in my coffee. Land o' Lakes is the only brand of half & half that I have been able to find, that does not contain added preservatives. I try, whenever practical, to avoid foods whose list of ingredients look like the instructions for a chemistry experiment.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31444 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
DING!!! I forgot about that one. Kroger brand butter does the trick just fine.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One word -- AMMO !!

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 179 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

And Aunt Jemima products. They totally screwed themselves by re-branding that with the stupid, inoffensively PC and generic-sounding name "Pearl Milling Company".

Sales must have gotten so bad that they more recently went back to the original packaging colors and lettering and a big banner on the top of the boxes of pancake mix and bottles of syrup; "Formerly Aunt Jemima, new name but same great taste!"

LOL, screw em. I'd love to see their sales numbers pre-rebranding and after. Bet you they were shocked.

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
There has gotten to be some many woke and leftist products out there it's hard to keep up. A few at the top of my list are Nike, Levi's, and Dick's.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1903 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
And Aunt Jemima products.

Yes, and Uncle Ben's rice products. They are simply "Ben's" with no image. Neither of those were remotely stereotypical or offensive, except maybe to white liberals. Roll Eyes

What is even funnier about this is that they didn't get rid of any white mascots. The Quaker Oats guy and Little Debbie are still up.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
There has gotten to be some many woke and leftist products out there it's hard to keep up. A few at the top of my list are Nike, Levi's, and Dick's.

Here are some.

Q

Posts: 27605 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The first category on the list of woke, anti-conservative, businesses that Dr. Q (sounds like a James Bond villain) linked to, is Banks.

I would think that Navy Federal Credit Union, which requires some sort of military affiliation, past of present, would not be one of the "woke" financial institutions.

Does anybody know whether NFCU has taken a public stance, one way or the other? I would hope that they are pro-conservative, or at least that they stick to the business of banking services and stay out of the political / social arena.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31444 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
You can't help to be influenced by politics infused in business.

I prefer not to know if I can but I am not blind or deaf, so overly overt actions by some companies or entertainers cannot be ignored.

I did not throw out my Benchmade knifes but I won't buy anymore.
I did switch from Black Rifle Coffee to Blackout Coffee (great 2A co, btw), I never drank Bud Lite so that impacts me little but it still hurts my image of them despite the attempts to reverse with MMA, Football endorsements etc, but that could eventually change.
Most entertainers that are adamant and outspoken leftists I can sometimes look past it, not easy sometimes.

Bottom line is to not let them control you but I/we/you still have a choice.
When I was young and way less politically concerned ~ life was so much better. Frown

Posts: 23226 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Add Oreos to the list for me, and I love Oreos, but their pushing Trans ideology really hard now.

ETA Patagonia,
Patagonia's non US owner/founder stepped aside in '22 and set up trusts that are all pushing US Democrat positions, candidates and groups.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HK Ag,

Posts: 3535 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post