SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Skip to 2:19

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/ommYzJDJjA8

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Switched over to MSNBC for the schadenfreude.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
The Assyrian came down like the wolf on the fold,
And his cohorts were gleaming in purple and gold;
And the sheen of their spears was like stars on the sea,
When the blue wave rolls nightly on deep Galilee.

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen;
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!

And there lay the steed with his nostril all wide,
But through it there rolled not the breath of his pride;
And the foam of his gasping lay white on the turf,
And cold as the spray of the rock-beating surf.

And there lay the rider distorted and pale,
With the dew on his brow, and the rust on his mail:
And the tents were all silent, the banners alone,
The lances unlifted, the trumpet unblown.

And the widows of Ashur are loud in their wail,
And the idols are broke in the temple of Baal;
And the might of the Gentile, unsmote by the sword,
Hath melted like snow in the glance of the Lord!

GG, Lord Byron

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Trump is set to come out for some remarks. He will put a exclamation point on what Barr said plus I'm sure he will throw something out there that will get the press chasing in another direction and what Barr said will be forgotten thus sparing Barr from some of the children badgering him.

Oops I jumped the gun his remarks are going to be to the Wounded Warriors so he most likely won't say anything in regards to Barr's presser.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to the actual report:

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Skins for posting the video, and directing us to AG Barr’s statements. I was struck by two things. First that the President could have asserted Executive Privilege and redacted further portions of the Report, but did not. Second, the level of transparency from the AG and the President—going so far as to make available largely unredacted transcripts (with the single exception of Grand Jury testimony as required by law). I don’t think ANYONE, reporters or Democrats in Congress, expected that. Still, the predictable questions about “protecting the President” were asked, because that’s what they came there to ask. Clearly though, Barr took the wind from their sails and they were foundering on a lee shore.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Larger version of the image Trump posted to Twitter, for those who may wish to share elsewhere Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Amazing the fervent intensity from the nimrods of the press who can not accept 'facts' and 'evidence' that leads to legal conclusions outside their programmed goals;

today one story reveals a new program director of a certain network, shuffles the 'anchor line-up' to better match the changing focus from 'news' to 'entertainment'....

Given the news network transition from 'informed/uninformed' to 'entertained/not entertained' has progressed to where it makes little difference.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Former Department of Justice attorney Christian Adams predicted congressional Democrats will leak confidential elements of the Mueller report, in an attempt to undermine President Donald Trump.

Adams said Democrats with the proper security clearance will be able to get a look at the full report, along with their political staffers.

“What qualifies you for that is you’re a hill staffer for a Democrat or you’re a Democrat congressman or senator. Of course, we all know by now, Brian, that Trump derangement syndrome has no cure,” he said on “Fox & Friends” Thursday.

“So, these folks [who] are going to get it are going to read the secret information about grand jury testimony, which you can’t reveal by law,” he said. “It’s going to have classified information it. And of course we know they can’t be trusted.”

“We’ll probably find out exactly what the Mueller report says in three, maybe four hours, sometime later this afternoon because we’ve seen how they leak like they did with Dr. Christine Blasey Ford during the Kavanaugh hearings. They can’t keep a secret,” he said. “So hopefully by the end of the day or not hopefully, they’ll be telling us all there is to know.”

Adams said Democratic Rep. Jerry Nadler of New York will be one of the first to leak the report.

“Nowhere is Trump derangement syndrome more of an epidemic than in Jerrold Nadler’s Upper West Side district, so don’t expect any reasonableness from him,” Adams said.

“I’m sure that he will be leading the charge to leak the terms and the content of the Mueller report,” he continued. “If anything maybe the attorney general is being too transparent. I mean there is grand jury testimony in here. And this is a group of people on Capitol Hill who are completely deranged about the president and cannot be trusted to not leak illegal information.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...crats-leak-c-report/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^^I believe he said grand jury will be kept secret as required by law. The other three categories of redacted information will be viewable to a select few. If leaked, it should be easy to trace back.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’m waiting for “See how this is worded? They’re trying to send us a coded message so the Russian agents won’t know that we know that they know that OMG COLLUSION!”

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
The libtards on the Today Show can't handle it.
Jay Sekulow just about made Savannah Guthrie cry.
First time I enjoyed the show. Smile

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
^^^^I believe he said grand jury will be kept secret as required by law. The other three categories of redacted information will be viewable to a select few. If leaked, it should be easy to trace back.
True, but it cannot be "unleaked". . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
Amazing the fervent intensity from the nimrods of the press who can not accept 'facts' and 'evidence' that leads to legal conclusions outside their programmed goals;

The nimrods in the dominant media, that portion of the voting public that just can't get over the fact the Orange Man won over the Evil, Lying Harpy from The Burning Pits of Hell, and, of course, the Democrats.

A local station interviewed U.S. Rep. Debbie Dingbat (widow of U.S. Rep. John Dingell). "We have to get to the truth," she babbled. Yeah, because two years and $25M wasn't enough

I like Barr's handling of it when the press started going off the reservation earlier this morning. He just gave them a disgusted look, picked up his papers, turned his back on them and walked out without another word.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
No executive privilege claims. This is a really big deal. The president was very open with the SC.

I agree; this is the thing that struck me as contrary to every complaint about the President.
It should—-but won’t—-put an end to claims of “obstruction”.

BTW did they borrow Rod Rosenstein from Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum?

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

I like Barr's handling of it when the press started going off the reservation earlier this morning. He just gave them a disgusted look, picked up his papers, turned his back on them and walked out without another word.

+1. The really stupid accusations - framed as questions - start at about 2:40. He looks beyond disgusted and may have slammed back on the reporters except one of his staff said "We're done here" (not an exact quote).

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I love it,reporter got stupid,he closes his folder and walks away.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I hope AG Barr is disgusted enough to turn a huge magnifying glass onto all all of the illegal deeds the left has been doing for the last decade. Follow the evidence and prosecute no matter what their name is.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I hope so too. AG Barr seems like a no-nonsense guy. So glad Sleepy Sessions is gone.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Not well versed at what follows in the wake of failed coup attempts, I assume commonly the perps more than lose their jobs.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post